MERGED ----> Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2doggie said:
WOW!!! just got home after seeing Wilco at Chastain in Atlanta....
it rained for the whole show....didn't matter to the crowd...tweedy even acknowledged that the people directly in front of the stage (they were under a bit of shelter) were no longer the biggest fans---:yes:

i was there, completely soaked head to toe. i am not smart enough to invest in a pancho. the guitar solo in impossible germany was worth the misserable conditions.

was my 7th wilco show in the last 2 1/2 years.

is there anyone who can send me an email of the ripped songs from the sbs dvd? my dvd is defective and will only play the first three songs. thanks in advance. jp@h12designs.com

Last edited:
I got back home today from my vacation, and the highlight was definitely seeing Wilco on Sunday night. They played at this great little outdoor theater in Northampton, MA. The new songs sounded great, and they opened with Either Way, which made me so happy, since it's my favorite song off of SBS and they haven't been playing it much. Their encores were On and On and On/ Poor Places / Spiders and Heavy Metal Drummer / Outtasite, Outta Mind and I'm A Wheel, and they played a few songs I hadn't heard before, most notably Poor Places.

Let me tell you, Edge has some competition, because Nels Cline was on fire. His solo during Spiders was amazing, and that's not even a Wilco tune I like that much.

I was about halfway back, and I took some pictures with my new camera. I wish they hadn't turned out as blurry, but considering I was using 16x zoom, I think a few turned out pretty well.

IMG_0066.jpg

During Jesus Etc. :drool:

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

I'm uploading the video I took during Either Way now.

I finally got around to getting SBS on CD a few days ago. Heard the leak back when it first found its way onto the net, and I vowed I'd get it on CD as soon as it came out...this is why I hate downloading leaks - it always takes me so long to get around to buying the album when it eventually gets released, and I feel bad. The enhanced CD is great. All bands should do this for their fans. CDs cost enough as it is. Giving us a streaming live show, a bonus download and wallpaper is more than what most bands would do.

Cool pictures, Muse. :up: Awesome for 16x zoom! Wilco's another band I desperately want to see live. Unless I plan on moving to Toronto, it's probably not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom