MERGED ----> Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
It's good, but I haven't quite cracked its shell yet (A Ghost Is Born reference! Hoo boy!). I'm looking forward to May 15th so I can rock it on my ghetto blaster (read: stereo in my truck) and see what it can do.

Amen. I can't wait to get a hard copy of this into my super-duper stereo system back home.

The 15th is the date of my last final, so I'll have SBS to get me back home to Dallas the following day. Equal parts SBS and Feist's The Reminder, which comes out Tuesday and I've yet to hear. I haven't waited out an album since X&Y, so this is exciting for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the SBS songs pan out live. I've seen Walken performed twice and Impossible Germany once. I also saw Tweedy do What Light solo. I really want to see You Are My Face and Hate It Here though. Side With The Seeds will be nice too.

Bit of imp13 trivia: I've always loved them and held them in the top five, but Wilco has overtaken Radiohead as my favorite group.

Since I stupidly missed the tickets for their N.A. tour go on sale, the only chance I'll really have to see them live this year would be at Bonnaroo, which is still in negotiations, and I probably won't know for sure if I'm going there for a few weeks anyhow.

:(

Yeah, I was interested in the Roo this year, but it's just not good for me right now from a financial standpoint. I already bought my 3 day pass for ACL and I'm sure they'll be there anyway. If not, they'll roll through Austin at some point.

I'm really lucky I got to see Tweeds on campus twice this year already.

SBS is a great album. Maybe not their best musically, but the songwriting is great. I'm interested to see what their setlist will look like when they mix the new songs with the older ones. I'm glad I'm going to see them in May and in July this year.

Sky Blue Sky is available to preorder on iTunes now. Apparently as a bonus you also get the video for Walken and an extra track.

That extra track is LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY.

:drool:
smielephantiy2.gif
:drool:

Damn. Now I don't know what format to get. I'll probably still get the special edition CD/DVD though.

inmyplace13 said:
Allow me to sum up tonight (night of the second show) in one picture:

tweedy5lf.jpg

Ignore how terrible I look.

ah come on. that's a fine hat you've got there.

Wilco 'Sky Blue Sky'

I listened to it once, and didn't really appreciate it. I listened to it again, and LOVED it so much. This album is not like their last 2 IMO, but it truly is Wilco and is unique. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :drool:

You can also listen to the stream at Wilco's website. It is a wonderful album. Can't wait to see them live two weeks from now. :drool:

I have no money, and I'm saving up for Icky Thump and Easy Tiger, but I'll pick this one up eventually (I'm not in a big hurry; I've already heard it and I know it's great). :)

I've just received my deluxe edition of Sky Blue Sky :drool:

Don't you just love how Wilco's albums always have nice covers, inserts, CD art, etc???

I also love how the deluxe version wasn't marked down on the first day like CDs typically are at Best Buy. I love paying 25 dollars for an album + a short DVD. I also love not being able to listen to said album on the drive from Austin to Dallas because my CD player blew a fuse.

But I love Wilco and I'm glad I paid the money for the deluxe nonetheless.

my deluxe was here in the mail
at noon

But...it came with a red Wilco tshirt I never ordered or paid for..which I guess is good luck (?)...too bad it's the size fitted for an 8 year old kid, seriously, it's tiny...maybe i'll put it on my poodle :hmm:

Lancemc said:
Details on the deluxe version??? Worth getting?

Definitely worth getting! It's basically live versions of the songs but with very interesting commentaries by the band and especially Jeff. The sound is great and the live versions are :drool:

Impossible Germany on the DVD :drool: That guitar solo blows my mind!

LemonMelon said:
http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/wilco/skybluesky

Critics are enjoying themselves too. :)

Except for pitchfork...no shock there. :rolleyes:

Alternative Press
"It's apparent it takes deft skill to sound this simple." [Jun 2007, p.159]

So true!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom