MERGED ---> Wilco Fans + Wilco- what happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoIsMyMuse

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wilco Fans

Not sure how many of you are also Wilco fans, but if you are, check out their recent concert in DC featured on NPR. It's the full show, 2 1/2 hours, and it's terrific, though you can only stream it and not download it. If anybody does figure out a way to download it, could you let me know?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4502847

Then click on "listen to Wilco"

Enjoy!

Zoomerang, come here and post something funny! :mad:

and yeah, Wilco live = :drool:

neutral said:
If you don't have that maybe I could see about sending it to you when it's done somehow....Can't tell exactly how big it is yet.

That would be great, neutral! Let me know if you can help.

Elvis Presley said:
There is a torrent of this also available on

http://bt.viachicago.org/

I can't do torrents and was seriously bummed when I saw the torrent you put up before, but at least I got to stream this one, so I'm a happy camper. :)

Elvis Presley said:
There is a torrent of this also available on

http://bt.viachicago.org/

Got it. Thanks. :up: You've created a torrent monster in me.

I'm listening to it now. Very nice. Not nearly as rockin' as some of their other shows--maybe they toned it down for the NPR audience, or maybe something just happens when a band playing in a club knows that people they can't see outside the club are listening, too. I don't know--just seems a little flat to me. But very nice nonetheless and great quality.

Jack In The Box said:
Zoomerang, come here and post something funny! :mad:

and yeah, Wilco live = :drool:

ha. :wink:

mullen4prez's musical taste is a bit sketchy, i wouldn't expect him to know of a band so "obscure" and "anti-mainstream".

i mean seriously, wilco is probably the most underground band in the world.

or something.

Zoomerang96 said:

i mean seriously, wilco is probably the most underground band in the world.

or something.

:lol: yeah, so anti-mainstrean that I can listen to them here in my third-world country :D

but thanks, your commets are always nice to read

Wilco- what happened?

What happened to Wilco, I used to hate Wilco, when I was 14 or 15 I bought Wilco- AM, and Mermaid Avenue, because somebody recomended it to me, and I think I liked maybe one song, and I never touched those cd's again until. And then last month I bought Wilco - A ghost is Born- And the music had changed, it was good music, its a sweet album. So I decided I would give Wilco Am another listen, and I listened but nothing, I still dont like it. So I decided to buy Yankee Hotel Foxtrot today, and its another SWEET album, there music is so much better now, Wilco has changed for the good- what happened to them? So I need to know, is Summer Teeth, and Being Thee also good albums?
New Wilco rules

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Summerteeth is essential. :heart:

*goes back into shadows as the more rabid Wilco fans come out*

I trust your taste in music, Im going to buy it now! Thanks

Last edited:
screw what happened to wilco, what happened to bonochick's band index?

i mean, there are 2 wilco threads now on the front page.

boo to merging.

boo to boobies.

boo to urns.

no, you know what? screw burns, give me a set of breasts. i feel like talking about boobies.

Re: Wilco- what happened?

macphisto23 said:
So I need to know, is Summer Teeth, and Being Thee also good albums?
New Wilco rules

:heart:

Yes, you need both of these records immediately. And go back to AM and give "Box Full of Letters" and "Passenger Side" one more try, just for kicks.

Personally I think Being There is their best album, but I know I'm in the minority here. I loved Yankee Hotel and like Ghost even better, but that other one is definitely worth going back to. It's not as experimental as the last two, but it definitely has some out there moments, especially on the first track. It pretty much runs the gamut of every white American music style, it's a very diverse record. That and the fact that it's a double CD is why I consider it their "White Album".

Give it a shot.

laz

lazarus said:
Personally I think Being There is their best album, but I know I'm in the minority here. I loved Yankee Hotel and like Ghost even better, but that other one is definitely worth going back to. It's not as experimental as the last two, but it definitely has some out there moments, especially on the first track. It pretty much runs the gamut of every white American music style, it's a very diverse record. That and the fact that it's a double CD is why I consider it their "White Album".

Give it a shot.

laz

I agree, Being There is my personal favorite, although it changes some days. As for the poster who came back to Wilco recently,....welcome back. And Wilco has changed and matured musically, and Im guessing you have too, so that makes this a good match eh?

Elvis Presley said:

I agree, Being There is my personal favorite, although it changes some days. As for the poster who came back to Wilco recently,....welcome back. And Wilco has changed and matured musically, and Im guessing you have too, so that makes this a good match eh?

Wilco Am is to country for me, I cant take it- I hate any country guitar riffs

macphisto23 said:

You'll probably like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot then. "Jesus Etc." is my favorite on there. Too bad you can't get into their earlier albums. They're quite simply brilliant.

macphisto23 said:

Then maybe Summerteeth is the next Wilco record for you. It's a great pop record--with a twist. Being There has some country-flavored stuff, although it also has some of their best songs.

Back
Top Bottom