MERGED->Who Are You Seeing In Concert This Spring/Summer? + Summer Concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucero!! Hee hee, in Spanish class in high school one of my teachers was a big fan of hers, so we all got to learn the words to "Siempre Contigo." Anyway. I was seriously considering going to the Beale Streeet music festival (primarily for Wilco) but that was before I found out it was the same day that the Chili Peppers are playing in my very city. :) So I'm going to see them, and also David Gray in late July. And I'm still plotting about that Chicago Coldplay concert... that's all I know for now.

Mrs. Vedder said:
Khanada.. LUCERO???
umm...sure? :laugh: i don't even remembering everyone who's playing. i can't even remember who all i want to see. :reject:

but i definitely remember i wanted to see john mayer (for the second time, as long as he doesn't play your body is a wonderland), sheryl crow, uhh...and a bunch of other people! :laugh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Dickson, which is 2 1/2 hours from Memphis. :mad: :lol:
ooh, then you should come. that's not too far away! :hmm:

Def Leppard!!! I've seeen them in concert everytime they have been here in the last 15 years except one club tour last summer. Why stop now? I'm going to be in mullet land for sure!

I want to see Wilco damnit! But everytime I try to buy tix to that Lexington show it doesnt come up!
I assume that means its sold out, oh well,........:angry:

Time to list your upcoming Concerts for Spring/Summer

I always find it interesting to see who's going to see what this year. Me, I only have one that I have tics for but have a couple more I'd like to go to.

Tics: Bruce Springsteen - Aug. 2 - Gillette Stadium

Maybe: Boston - Tweeter Center (Yes, I'd love to see Boston)
Aersosmith - Tweeter Center - Although I don't care for KISS ( I can't believe they're sharing the stage with KISS)

We'll that's it for me so far, not alot of great shows this year that I care to see yet.

Daniel Lanois, and hopefully Coldplay (if the release tickets day of).

I also want to see Bruce Springsteen, but he hasn't yet announced a return to Toronto, although the rumor is early Fall.

For me, I currently have only 2 concerts scheduled:

Bruce Springsteen - Feijenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (8 May)
Rolling Stones - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam (20 August)

C ya!

Marty (who's still thinking about the Coldplay/Live/Supergrass concert on 1 July)

let's see....

pete yorn-may 2 (indy)
danny lanois-may 30 (chicago)

and if there's some way we can find/steal ourselves some brooce tickets, we'll be taking a trip out to jersey :shifty:

So far...

The Minus Five- April 17th
Red Hot Chili Peppers- May 2nd
Jeff Tweedy- May 16th
Coldplay- June 9th
Wilco (Cleveland)- June 19th
Fleetwood Mac- June 26th
Wilco (Milwaukee)- July 3rd

no idea. i have been out of the US since August, so I am totally out of the loop as to who is going where and when. But if I get the chance I would be interested in Danny Lanois, and I would kill to see sigur ros. :up:

I have tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tori Amos (in 10 days, but who's counting :hyper: ) ... and we'll see what other goodies come my way.

Radiohead
Coldplay
Norah Jones (bugger off. she's good.)
Coachella Festival (White Stripes, RHCP, Beasties, Blur etc...)
Pearl Jam

So far Im going to a rock/pop festival, V FESTIVAL, in Chelmsford, England one weekend this coming August. So far the bands/singers confirmed are:

Headliners:

Coldplay
Red Hot Chili Peppers
David Gray
Foo Fighters

Other acts but plenty more to be confirmed:

Ash
The Hives
The Cardigans
Echo and the Bunnymen
Queens of the Stone Age
P J Harvey
Morcheeba
The Roots
Feeder
Kelly Osbourne - :ohmy: yes, even her! God, I cant stand her!
Underworld
The Coral
Lemon Jelly
Moloko
Jim Dyers
Matt Dix
The Rain Band

In total there'll be about 70 to 80 bands/singers performing that weekend so Im looking forward to going there.....especially seeing bands like RHCP, Coldplay, Ash (whom I have seen all live before) and seeing bands like Cardigans, Foo Fighters, Feeder, PJ Harvey and The Hives for the first time! Cant wait! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

dougal

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Omg, dougal!! If I were you I'd :faint: :laugh:

Sounds like a blast!! :up:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

true! It'll be a real blast and I will be bringing some mates too along with a box of Stella Artois! :D

And I just heard that Super Furry Animals, a Welsh band has been added to the bill.....

How about you? Where you off to this summer?

dougal

I'm going to T IN THE PARK!!!!!!!!

SATURDAY 12 JULY Line-up

Main Stage

R.E.M.

Zwan

Idlewild :hyper: x a billion

Speedway

Stage 2

The Music

The Polyphonic Spree

Biffy Clyro

The Warlocks

King Tut's Tent

The Flaming Lips

The Datsuns

John Squire

Skin

The Futureheads

Snow Patrol

The Basement

The Slam Tent
Regarded as one of the best Dance Tents in the World!

Deep Dish

Laurent Garnier (UK festival exclusive)

Vitalic (live)

Dave Clarke

H Foundation

SUNDAY, 13 JULY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Main Stage

Coldplay

The Charlatans

Feeder

Supergrass

The Coral

Sugababes

Echo & The Bunnymen

The Darkness

Ron Sexmith

Stage 2

Underworld

DJ Darren Price

The Streets

Turin Brakes :drool:

The Roots

Hell is For Heroes

Kinesis

King Tut's Tent

Teenage Fanclub

Lemon Jelly

Mull Historical Society :heart:

Damien Rice

Grim Northern Social

The SLAM Tent
One of the best dance tents in the world...

R?yksopp (Live) :dance:

Richie Hawtin

Cajmere

Slam DJ's

DJ Sneak

FC Kahuna

Ewan Pearson

Gus Gus (Live)

:sigh: same here April. i was really hoping that i would be able to do that this summer. oh well there is always next year.

anyway i have no summer concert plans as of now lined up. i would like to see Pete Yorn though. there are a ton of shows coming to Atlanta this spring and summer, it is a matter of making my mind up.

there is the annual music midtown festival that is happening on first weekend of May. here is part of the line up:

Main Stage:

American Hi-Fi
Unwritten Law
Live
Revis
Die Trying
Angie Aparo
Trapt
Cowboy Mouth
Evanescence
Saliva
Godsmack
Seether
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Zwan

LOCALS ONLY STAGE
Y.O.U.
Outshine
Sick Speed
Orion Crisis
Homeroom
Bachelor Red
Gonzalez
Favorite
Minamina Goodsong
Blue Epic
Supafuzz
Mary's Eyes
13 Stories
Psyche Origami
SPY
Dial 8
Uncrowned

R.E.M. /Wilco tickets go on sale Saturday while I'll be on the highway. :mad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom