MERGED---> Which Verison Of Papa Don't Preach Do You Like Better? + Papa Don't Preach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Verison Of Papa Don't Preech Do You Like Best?

• Madonna

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Kelly Osbourne

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Niether

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Papa Don't Preach

Kelly Osbournes version!!!!!

Totally loving it!!!

*bops head*

Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, oh
I'm gonna keep my baby, mmm...

:yes:

this is a confession of the utmost grotesqueness!!

Its good but.......really :sad:

And there this wee guitary bit papa dont *do doo* preach :eeklaugh:

you will have to repent and renounce your love for this song

then I will consider more gold stars

I think Kelly is cute, but I disliked the synthesized vocals and uber-production on the song. It was a tad over the top.

I know her album's coming out soon, and I'd hate to see her get pummeled even more if the album is over produced as well. :lemon:

Last edited:
Thats the first person Ive seen admit to liking it... most people question how that even qualifies as singing... I dont much care for it... oh well... bleh :ohmy:

I heard she was really nervous to do those vocals so they mussed it up as best they could to help her out...

I think the song sucks, sorry, but Madonna did it so much better

HelloAngel said:
I think Kelly is cute, but I disliked the synthesized vocals and uber-production on the song. It was a tad over the top.

I know her album's coming out soon, and I'd hate to see her get pummeled even more if the album is over produced as well. :lemon:

Wow.. she has an album coming out? Odd. I thought she said Papa Don't Preach was a one-time thing, just to have fun and release a song, but nothing more. I guess she changed her mind.

I do admit, I like Kelly Osbourne, but I don't really like Papa Don't Preach. The video was.. well, bad, worse than the song.

elevatedmole said:

Wow.. she has an album coming out? Odd. I thought she said Papa Don't Preach was a one-time thing, just to have fun and release a song, but nothing more. I guess she changed her mind.

I do admit, I like Kelly Osbourne, but I don't really like Papa Don't Preach. The video was.. well, bad, worse than the song.

Yeah.. supposedly, she's in an NYC studio at the mo finishing the album. She got on stage with Andrew WK not too long ago at Ozzfest. I dunno - I think she's a sweet girl.

It would be neat though if she makes it and her vocals improve - my boyfriend was really happy for a non-skinny girl to be on MTV and considered a sex symbol, ya know? :)

HelloAngel said:

Yeah.. supposedly, she's in an NYC studio at the mo finishing the album. She got on stage with Andrew WK not too long ago at Ozzfest. I dunno - I think she's a sweet girl.

It would be neat though if she makes it and her vocals improve - my boyfriend was really happy for a non-skinny girl to be on MTV and considered a sex symbol, ya know? :)

Good point -- I never realized that before about Kelly, but it really is true.

hmmmm, I dont mind the song, but Madonna did it better- sorry but I am a huge Madonna fan and the Osbournes show I am getting a little tired of, I was heavily anticipating it, however after only seeing a few episodes I am just a little over it, half the time i dont know whether to laugh or cry at it, I really do love Ozzie, but I dont even think he is aware as to what is going on half the time and Jack and Kelly come across to me as being spoilt Hollywood rich kids and Sharon, well I give her credit for probably being the reason why Ozzie is still alive and still touring and earning bucks, I dont know I guess I just thought the show would be different some how, maybe it is best to let what happens behind closed doors remain there and let the illusion of celebrity be just that:)

*jumps up and down*YAY! I aint alone anymore! Kelly has a damn good singing voice!

I was told I look like her.. um.. riiiiight.. not a chance in the world.. I told everyone I was gonna get a pink mohawk like hers and they believe me.. dorks.. heehhe

I don't know if it's any better than the original version by Madonna, but it IS a pleasant surprise to see a normal looking girl in the spotlight. I was beginning to think that all young girls looked like Britney Spears....and while that isn't technically a bad thing, it's good to know that Hollywood hasn't lost complete touch with reality.

That song is shit! Its even worse than the original, if that is even possible!

Blah.....good on her I guess. Its a pity she didnt get there on her own though.

Holy old threads...

*moves*

*merges*

If there are anymore threads related to this...please don't bump them! A thank ya!

Back
Top Bottom