MERGED --> What are you reading? + Eragon + Interference, What Are You Reading?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost done with the 9/11 Commission Report and over the past six months have finished "American Theocracy" by Kevin Philips and "Impostor" by Bruce Bartlett -- on a political kick lately and these books convince me that around August of 2008 we will see a lot of "insider" books from those connected to the Bush Administration that are even more revealing

Just a hunch, but I think the "tell alls" from inside this White House will be coming fast and furious -- I"m hopin Colin Powell starts with something and soon.

corianderstem said:
susanp6, I have the same problem with Austen and some other classics. I tend to ususally read lighter fare, and sometimes struggle a bit when I have to use my brain while reading. :wink:

I read Pride and Prejudice this past year and really enjoyed it. I found it a little easier to get through than I had expected. Either that means I liked that one more than others, or I'm finally getting used to the writing!

That's cool :wink: glad you enjoyed reading it! I'm currently at the scene of the ball!

I'm reading See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit by Sarah Mlynowski and Farrin Jacobs.

Fame and fortune, here I come! :wink:

:bump:

I'll admit :reject: that I'm not a reader. Occasionally something will grab my attention by being written up in a magazine or a writer appearing on a show promoting his/her book. Many times I never get around to it (again :reject: ). So a friend sent me something, which turns out to be an excerpt from a book, and it's quite interesting/fascinating. I searched to see if this was posted here (obviously not, since this thread is several months old and the book is rather recent). It didn't appear in FYM either. Has anyone read this? I may just have to pick it up, or see if my friend already did so I can borrow it.

"Where Have All the Leaders Gone?"
By Lee Iacocca with Catherine Whitney

FC1416532471.jpg

Also, should it be mentioned or brought up in FYM, or is everyone there set in their ways, and would it be pointless bickering?

We actually had started a new "Books" thread, which might still be on this page or the second page. :)

Back
Top Bottom