MERGED--> WARNING !!! another u2 wannabe + keane new single? + Keane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow this song just kicks ass. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not too much but after a few more listens it is just awesome. I love Keane.

I got Atlantic if anyone wants it, it was released today :drool:

Keane's new single's begin reminds very much of Even Better Than The Real Thing at the intro, and the rest of the song is more than U2esque................................nothing to do, this is another U2 wannabe band.................................

Re: WARNING !!! another u2 wannabe

boystupidboy said:
It stated that their yet to be released single is a dead ringer for u2,even down to the Edgy's guitar sound

Pffft! Keane is better than present day U2, much better I would say! I'm really digging their recent album Under The Iron Sea. Sure, it's not as good as Hopes & Fears but it's more honest, thought provoking and sincere than the excessively hyped up waste of plastic that is How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. So the band doesn't have a guitar player.. big whoop! At least it doesn't have a singer that is a mere shadow of his former self. As for Is It Any Wonder sounding like Even Better Than The Real Thing, I agree but I'm glad Keane is inspired by the earlier better U2 and not the present day joke. Yeah I went there.

Re: Re: WARNING !!! another u2 wannabe

Zootlesque said:
waste of plastic that is How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Okay, in hindsight I exaggerated a bit over there. I do like a handful of songs on that CD and a lot of the alternate versions and songs that didn't make the final cut. I'm just sick of people saying 'so and so is the next U2'. Even U2 doesn't sound like classic U2 anymore. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom