MERGED---> Velvet Revolver concert in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
VR concert pics from last night: Vancouver

vr12.JPG

vr1.JPG

vr2.JPG

vr4.JPG

vr5.JPG

vr6.JPG

vr7.JPG

vr8.JPG

VR concert review Vancouver...finally done

My VR review

A few months ago, my friends and family asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I replied with, "Velvet Revolver to play Vancouver." At the time I realized that it was impossible and unlikely as a 7 year old getting a pony. Months later it was announced that VR would be coming to town, thus I got my pony (so to speak) and I got to take it for a ride.

Way before my interest in Bowie and U2 it was GN'R, Slash in particular, who sparked my interest in music by inspiring me to pick up the guitar and start playing. Most recently, Duff has inspired me in regards to life in general, I look up to him as dare I say….a role model.

I realize that VR are not GN'R but the boys on stage are the same musicians that made me who I am today so to speak.

The opening act was Three Days Grace. A band that not only proved me wrong in terms of my initial thoughts and expectations of them but also one of the best opening acts that I’ve seen to date. I belted out to the lyrics to “Home” and “I Hate Everything About You” and rocked out. TDG were musically tight, energetic, confident and held the audience’s interest.

VR hit the stage at 9:20 pm and played for slightly over two hours. From the moment the band hit the first notes to “Suckertrain Blues”, the opening track on Contraband, the show just sky rocketed from there. All the fat without the diet! The best show of my life to date (yes it even beat out U2). VR played tracks off contraband, STP covers, GN'R covers and lengthy guitar solos by Slash.

VR are no toe gazing band. The energy at the show was just amazing. Non of the band members stood still. I saw the Red Bull and Gatoraid stashed beside Matt’s drum set so I know where most of that energy came from  Scott glided and moved around like a human slinky, an awesome and inspiring frontman. The audience feed off the energy of the band and vice versa.

Finally a real fuckin’ rock show!!!

Those are some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet pics! Were you like the first person from the stage???

Slash! :rockon: I miss GNR... the Axl/Slash combo.

Back
Top Bottom