MERGED --> Van Halen Reunite w/David Lee Roth + David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #106
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Re: Re: Van Halen Reunite w/David Lee Roth...

Quote:
Originally posted by buzzkill27

and in other news .....The Spice Girls have reunited......who gives a shit about those over the hill has-beens
Aerosmith?

I love your username, btw.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeIsTooSexy
the stage setup is pretty killer but do you theyre worth seeing?
I hope i can afford seeing the police again and seeing van halen
Too see Dave and Eddie share the same stage for 2 hours is worth the price of admission alone!

My take is that its going to be really cool or its going to be a trainwreck. Either way I want to see it!

Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

I'm pretty sure we will get the standard DLR greatest VH hits setlist which is good. I wish though they would throw out some old classics that are not was well known. IE "In A Simple Rhyme" or "Drop Dead Legs".
Supposedly Wolfgang is largely responsible for the selection of the 25 songs they've been rehearsing thus far.
I think you'll see 1 or 2 less well known tunes in a show, hopefully something like "Fools" or "On Fire", but either way, as long as EVH is on top of it, this'll be a show worth the price of admission.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #109
War Child

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Supposedly Wolfgang is largely responsible for the selection of the 25 songs they've been rehearsing thus far.
I think you'll see 1 or 2 less well known tunes in a show, hopefully something like "Fools" or "On Fire", but either way, as long as EVH is on top of it, this'll be a show worth the price of admission.
They've definately rehearsed some deep cuts that either Van Halen or Roth solo haven't played since the early 80's including "Light Up The Sky" and "Bottom's Up."

Although they've been claiming to be rehearsing 25 songs, I don't see them playing more than 20 at the very most which would still put the set as among the longest they've ever played. In addition, this is not a band that varies it's setlist from show to show like Springsteen or even U2. You'll be able to count on one hand for teh entire tour the number of changes that might happen in the setlist. Also, It has already been established Eddie, Alex and even Wolfgang will get solo spots so that's going to eat up almost a half hour of the show right off.

T.B.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #110
Refugee

Local Time: 01:23 AM
they are too old, prices are too high. and no michael anthony? wtf! i don't care how good eddie's son is, only one man can rock the Jack Daniels bass!!

still, i've always wanted to see van halen with diamond dave rightfully back at the helm. so, i dunno.

i still get the feeling this will implode before it even gets off the ground. the police reunion may have proven that cash can heal all wounds, but there may be too much acrimony between dlr and the former mr. bertinelli.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Partyslammer

Also, It has already been established Eddie, Alex and even Wolfgang will get solo spots so that's going to eat up almost a half hour of the show right off.

T.B.
It wouldn't be a Van Halen show without solos, I look forward to Eddie's, once saw him do a 13 minute solo(was checking the time) that was just mind boggling. When he's on, there's none better. I can do without the drum solo(nless your Bonzo or have a gimmick like Tommy Lee's spinning, flying drum kit, it just bogs a show down), and I would hope Wolfie will get a very short bass solo just for kicks.

I don't expect them to play 25 songs a night, 20 would be about right, but hopefully they'll mix a few songs up from show to show( I don't expect Pearl Jam-esque sets from them), so if they do 2 Boston shows, there'll be at least some difference as I'm apt to go twice.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Partyslammer

They've definately rehearsed some deep cuts that either Van Halen or Roth solo haven't played since the early 80's including "Light Up The Sky" and "Bottom's Up."

I just hope Eddie has his chops back to play those songs. In 2004 he didnt at all. I didnt even recognize Unchained until Sammy started singing the lyrics. "Light Up The Sky" will be tough for him to do if he is not on top of his game again. Will be cool though if he is on top of it and they do it. I still think its going to be primarily the greatest hits like Roth has been doing solo for the most part. Just wont have Yankee Rose, Gigolo, etc.. I hope the deeper cuts take the place of those songs.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Deeper cuts...

I think Rock n' Roll needs Van Halen...w/DLR...

I'm hoping to hear "Sinners Swing" and "So This Is Love"...
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

Are they going to do any songs from the Van Hagar days?

I know Sammy Hagar sang Roth-era stuff when they went on tour back in the 80s and early 90s, but has Roth ever sang Hagar-era stuff(Dreams, Why Can't This Be Love, Love Walks In, When It's Love, Right Now, etc)?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Are they going to do any songs from the Van Hagar days?

I know Sammy Hagar sang Roth-era stuff when they went on tour back in the 80s and early 90s, but has Roth ever sang Hagar-era stuff(Dreams, Why Can't This Be Love, Love Walks In, When It's Love, Right Now, etc)?
Dave singing Van Hagar songs...

Uh, that would be negatory my good man. Dave's ego is much too big to sing Hagar era songs...
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:23 PM
There are spoilers floating around about the rehearsal show. Saw it on Zootopia, if anyone is interested I'm sure it's on other sites as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Me too...they'll be playing "Stairway to Heaven" "Black Dog" "The Immigrant Song"....wait... am I in the wrong thread now?

Hey Lila, you're close to the LA Forum run down and see if you can't track Dave or Eddie down...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:23 PM
I would have been there on 9/19 if the White Stripes hadn't cancelled the rest of their tour

No interest in seeing this re-incarnation. Saw them at the US Festival back in '83. That's enough for me. And I like some of the Van Hagar trax, so....
Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Van Hagar....

Eh, whatever...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

The Boys are Back in Town...http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070928/4...9f1912a00a4a3c

Can't wait until they hit my town at the end of November...

Tags
david lee roth, van halen