MERGED --> Van Halen Reunite w/David Lee Roth + David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vhroth, I have yet to see you post ANYTHING about U2, but you've already posted a link to that site in 4 of your posts. It looks very suspicious and is coming off as spam. If you don't want to get banned, I'd suggest changing your posting behavior.

If you wish to have a link to your site in your posts, you can put one in your signature...but you have to purchase a premium membership to have a signature.

vhroth said:
For everyone that says Dave cant sing here are some live performances:

*link removed by Bonochick*

how bout something recent...performance wise. :huh: I don't see anything newer from DLR other than 1999. That's 8 yrs ago. Is there anything from this decade or in the last 5 yrs? Performances from 8 yrs ago isn't really proof that this guy can still sing..

IMO, I don't have much faith in this tour.. Seems more of a novelty or draw to see DLR and Eddie back together on the same stage. More of a trainwreck to me that's how I see it.

I was wondering if vhroth was part of infiltration when I first saw the post.

To the subject, VH was my favorite band in the early 80's (before I switched to my U2 obsession :lol: ). I saw them with Dave on the 1984 tour and it was a great show. Musically, it was a mess, but you didnt seem to care. With Sammy, it was musically a great concert, but the "show" aspect was always missing to me.

So it will be interesting to see if Dave brings back the "show" aspect. I saw him solo a few years back and physically he could still do everything he did in 1984. Very disappointed they didnt bring Mike back, but it will still be interesting to see if this tour.

A. Will happen. They still need to get through the RARHOF ceremony and rehearsals without killing each other.

B. Implode on itself before the tour ends.

Lets face it, Eddie and Dave HATE each other. Both have enormous egos, I dont know if there is a stage big enough to hold both. I will probably go, nothing like a train wreck. You dont want to look, but for some reason you must! :lol: Would be good to hear the old tunes again though. Sammy didnt like to or did not want to do most of them when he was with the band.

2007, the year of the reunion of bands with people that hate each other.

The Police
Van Halen

Now if Roger Waters had reunited with Pink Floyd we would have the trifecta! :wink:

You make some great point BlueRoom...however you have to know that Dave needs the $$$ and attention and Eddie will carry on at least through the 40 dates because he needs the love.

Hopefully they can make it without all the drama...but what fun would that be?

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You make some great point BlueRoom...however you have to know that Dave needs the $$$ and attention and Eddie will carry on at least through the 40 dates because he needs the love.

Hopefully they can make it without all the drama...but what fun would that be?

Oh, I know thats exactly why they are both doing it. Eddie wants to get his kid into the family brand also, thats part of it as well. Its the main reason Mike's getting screwed over. Not to mention Eddie has some type of grudge against him for doing stuff with Sammy in the interim. Mike always seemed to be the down to earth one that held the band together. He isnt going to be there obviously this time. Could be disaster! :lol: Should be great entertainment! Also remember they have tried to get back together with Dave 3 times previously and couldnt get it worked out. So we will see. I think Eddie's dislike for Sammy is greater now though, and he wants his ego stroked. So it will probably happen. Eddie is a head case IMO. A talented head case though.

Blue Room said:
I was wondering if vhroth was part of infiltration when I first saw the post.

To the subject, VH was my favorite band in the early 80's (before I switched to my U2 obsession :lol: ). I saw them with Dave on the 1984 tour and it was a great show. Musically, it was a mess, but you didnt seem to care. With Sammy, it was musically a great concert, but the "show" aspect was always missing to me.

So it will be interesting to see if Dave brings back the "show" aspect. I saw him solo a few years back and physically he could still do everything he did in 1984. Very disappointed they didnt bring Mike back, but it will still be interesting to see if this tour.

A. Will happen. They still need to get through the RARHOF ceremony and rehearsals without killing each other.

B. Implode on itself before the tour ends.

Lets face it, Eddie and Dave HATE each other. Both have enormous egos, I dont know if there is a stage big enough to hold both. I will probably go, nothing like a train wreck. You dont want to look, but for some reason you must! :lol: Would be good to hear the old tunes again though. Sammy didnt like to or did not want to do most of them when he was with the band.

2007, the year of the reunion of bands with people that hate each other.

The Police
Van Halen

Now if Roger Waters had reunited with Pink Floyd we would have the trifecta! :wink:

i think you said it so perfectly blue room! :up: I totally agree with this and think even though this is a money thing. It is a trainwreck waiting to happen.... No doubt about it.

13527272-13527274-large.jpg

First official photo of the "new" Van Halen

Tour is going on as planned.

Or is it:

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

Van Halen On Hold
Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007
It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.
The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen’s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.
Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

From a friend of a friend of someone in the know:

and. Yes, it is 100% true that the Van Halen 2007 tour has been indefinitely postponed. Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out. Van Halen has always been a volatile mix of personalities and 2007 is no different. Basically those involved in putting this tour together won't commit further until all issues are dealt with, hence the postponement of current plans.
I am told though, that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat. The band is unlikely to comment beyond the fact the tour will (at this stage) start later than originally planned.

This isnt shocking at all. Word on the VH boards though is that their is simply a delay in signing the contracts but that it will still happen. I will still be surprised if this tour gets going and/or makes it to the end if it does though.

Wow, who would've thunk that Van Halen would be inducted into the RRHOF and nobody named Van Halen would show up? I can't say I'm surprised, but it's still weird. I guess we'll have to see what happens on 3/12/2007. I hope Eddie and Alex show up. This is a once in a lifetime thing. They shouldn't blow it.

OK, so now I read that things are not completely over with, but that they are still trying to put all the pieces together and do it as close to 'right' as this incarnation of VH can. The tour is still a go and a press conference is slated for next month...when and where are anyone's guess. I don't know how valid this info is, but apparently things are not dead. :shrug:

Well, we'll find out something soon because the HOF is on the 3/12, so I'm sure we'll hear some new developments.
I've heard DJ's on the radio say that Valerie doesn't want Wolfie to witness any of the debauchery that happens on the road.

VAN HALEN TOUR OFF? Was it too good to be true? Pollstar is reporting that the much-hyped Van Halen reunion tour with David Lee Roth has already fallen through and is now “officially postponed infinitely.”

Sources tell the tour magazine that a tour announcement may have not been far off, and just last week, Rolling Stone posted excerpts from an upcoming interview with Roth about the reunion, which is slated for its next issue. The magazine’s Web site also unveiled the first-ever group shot of the current lineup of the band, including Eddie Van Halen, his brother Alex on drums and his son Wolfgang on bass.
Sources also tell Denver’s Rocky Mountain News that Van Halen’s performance at next month’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony may also be in jeopardy too.
Roth told Rolling Stone the band had been rehearsing together again and their chemistry is currently “combustible,” though with today’s news, it appears that combustion may have actually happened between Roth and the Van Halen family.
Van Halen was expected to do a full, 40 city tour this summer reports Billboard.com

Appreciate the input, but we already know all of this. With today being March 3rd, now we'll only have to wait 9 more days to see what all parties will be doing on the night of the induction. Like I said, Eddie and Alex should be there. Van Halen is one of the top US rock acts over the last 30 years. It's pretty foolish that Eddie can't get his act together so close to one of his band's biggest and most important nights.

Shocking. :lol:

I actually looked at the VH board last night. The latest is that Eddie and Alex may not even attend the RARHOF ceremony. The indication is that they definately are not performing.

Gee, I wonder if Eddie is at the heart of this cancellation? I would bet money on it. He has become a complete head case. I used to blame Roth for the original break up. I think it was just as much Eddie as it was Roth now, maybe even moreso Eddie. Here is a guy that doesnt give a rats ass about his fans. That is if all this turns out to be true. I think its because Eddie has pulled this crap in the past, it makes it believable.

If he doesnt show up for the ceremony that will be completely pathetic and ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom