MERGED-->Ugliest Dog in the World has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
3 time champ of ugliest Dog contest....brrrr

Meet Sam, a 14 yr old Chinese crested purebread, old age has not been kind to him.

dog.jpg

Apparently, the owner who is very proud of him said the judges recoiled when they first saw him. Don't you love his Austin Powers teeth.

Man, he is so ugly, it's funny.:laugh:

Last edited:
"Sam will appear in this weekend's Fourth of July parade in Santa Barbara, but the recent events may be the cap on a long, ugly career. Lockheed says Sam's now suffering from congestive heart failure, lung and kidney problems and has definitely slowed down in his twilight years.

Still, he enjoys regular gourmet meals of sirloin steak, cheese balls, roasted chicken and flan (so he'll swallow his multiple pills). He also passes occasional weekends at the Gaviota ranch of Lockheed's boyfriend, where the World's Ugliest Dog rides in the back of an ATV with his few remaining hairs wafting in the wind."

I'm sure he is on his last legs so to speak. It is hard to let go of a beloved pet which is why the owner is giving him medication for his illnesses.

But if you want some aww moments check out

http://kittenwar.com/ or
http://puppywar.com/

Last edited:
A friend sent me this, I recoiled from the screen!

It sounds like he's a perfectly healthy dog, he's lived to a ripe old age, he's just frightening. I'm glad he's well loved though.

He looks like the kind of dog the Cryptkeeper would have.:wink:

For all we know, he could be the sweetest, most happy-go-lucky dog in the world.

AvsGirl41 said:

It sounds like he's a perfectly healthy dog, he's lived to a ripe old age, he's just frightening. I'm glad he's well loved though.

Well, it looks like his teeth are in poor condition and he has cataracts, so he's not perfectly healthy.....but, like you said, as long as someone loves him....

I figured out what it looks like!

thing3.jpg

Anyone remember John Carpenter's The Thing?

World's Ugliest Dog Dies at 14
Nov 22

SANTA BARBARA, Calif.

Sam, the tiny dog whose hairless body and crooked teeth earned him a reputation as the World's Ugliest Dog, has died.

The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, his owner said.

"I don't think there'll ever be another Sam," Susie Lockheed said, adding: "Some people would think that's a good thing."

Sam won the ugliest dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair this summer for the third year in a row. The pedigreed Chinese crested had made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain's Daily Mirror tabloid. He also had met Donald Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed said she initially was terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue dog six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then- boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after she learned Sam's heart was failing.

She said she's felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam's favorite toy _ a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.

Poor Sam, but he lived a full life. He was on the A&E show, Mindfreak with illusionist Chris Angel recently playing his cat.

Forgetting the fact, this is a Chinese Crested, I find it remarkable how important this poor bloody dog's appearance is to it's acceptance. Woe me, joking aside, if you have to be judgemental, do it on something worthy like behaviour or actions. I'm sure some of the people in replying in here are butt-ugly, but it isn't get held against you.

Poor Sam.
:(

Back
Top Bottom