MERGED --> Type the first thing that pops into your head Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate this winter storm, even though I don't have to go to work today or tomorrow. I'm snowed in so far and might have to wait until Thursday until the snow removal guys come around and plow out my driveway. :mad:

:ohmy: :( :madspit:

That sounds like an absolute nightmare :huh: i could not stick that weather - it has been balmy here today in comparison :reject:

:laugh:

I shouldn't laugh but the way you're making it all sound tiny&i know i wouldn't be laughing if i were there :no: :hug:

That's ok Susan. To keep sane you almost have to laugh about it.!!! :D :hug:

I don't think you would like to see it here. I am going to try and take some pictures tomorrow, and send them to you later.

Oh man that will be great to see!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I missed you the past 2 nights! What happened lastnight? I noticed you were on 'til about 10 Sunday night so i was sad when i saw you'd gone :(

Last edited:
Sunday night the Grammy's were on, so that was why I was on

for only a short time. Yesterday I was in Pittsburgh, and did a little shopping. My arm was brothering me so that 's why I was not last night. I had to lay down and put some heat on it after I got home. :(

Dreaming about Snow ?? :tsk:
I don't think so, Tiny ... I'll be dreaming about taking another night off from work tomorrow evening. :applaud:

Although, I shouldn't sound so-ooo happy ... because this is only gonna cause me to get behind with my work and therefore I'll have to work addt'l hours (overtime) just to get caught up again.
How crazy is that ?? All because of the weather !! :huh:

Ah i see tiny :( so sorry about your arm :hug: :hug:

Did you hear anything of the results of our Bafta awards? :wink:

Yeah MsMofo, I will have to make up the time also and will be behind in my work also. My boss just thought we should close for tomorrow, for she wants everyone to stay safe and not be out in this horrid weather. Not too many boss's like that, is there?

Susan - Did Helen win ?

That's true, Tiny ... although, in most cases it's more of a company headquarters executive's decision to stay open or close because of bad weather ... the bosses just carry out the head exec's orders.

Most decisions depend on the work load and if the business can survive being closed and not continue operations for that day. It has nothing to do with our safety or the TV news saying "Don't go out in this weather ... stay home" Most companies only care about their own gain within their business ... they're always looking for profits, no matter what the reason for closure ... they simply don't care. If there's work to be done, or if business profits to gain by staying open ... they will remain open. Truthfully ... it's sad how people tend to suffer ... and especially when employees get 'stuck' in the parking lot at their jobs ... it's always other employees who help 'push' each other out ... you never see those bosses or executives outside helping their employees out of that parking space that's so-ooo deep with snow!! My goodness ... anyone would get stuck in some of the parking spaces I've seen accumulate with snow coverings throughout my years at work ... and the plow companies never come through until AFTER we all go home. :tsk:

You are so right about big companies, and wanting to make a profit , at no matter what. I work for a non-profit organization, so that makes a difference in my case, so my boss is able to make all the decisions. She even went into work today, but she just email that she will take her work home with her tomorrow in writing a grant from the state.

Yeah, it's strange how bosses do seem to ALWAYS show up at work ... no matter what the consequence. I guess that's because most are devoted and committed to their job.

Oh, wait a minute, that's usually how I am too (devoted and committed to my job ... no matter what) but, I'm not a boss ... although, I work with minimal supervision around me, so I guess I should consider myself to be my own boss. :wink:

:applaud:

I just read your email. and I will try to reply tomorrow. My arm is starting to bothering me. And please don't worry about what you meant, for I don't take any offense of anything at all. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Originally posted by tiny dancer
It starting to snow really hard again. :scream:

I think we're in for one nerve-racking night, Tiny ... this weather is that stressful on ones self. :help:

Just so I know, where are you from ?? I live in Central Illinois.

I hope you're not from Oswego, NY ... we they have 10 feet of snow. :ohmy:
WOW ... talk about feeling sorry for some people. :yes:
They really have problems as they're running out of places to put their 'lake-effect' snow. :sad:

:shocked: :scream: :no: :eek:

Wow, it's uttter craziness, i heard all about how bad it is in New York! We have nothing to complain about :no:

Oh no I'm not any where near Oswego NY. I too feel bad for those people. Some of our snows come from Lake Erie, or we sometines get a Northeastner

I'm 50 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA

South west PA

Originally posted by tiny dancer
I'm 50 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA

South west PA

Oh I see, Tiny ... I'm 100 miles SW of Chicago.

I've heard that (you) Pennsylvania is supposed to be getting more snow than Illinois (me) will be getting here.
Although, my family is from the Chicago West Suburbs ... sometimes, I wish I didn't have to live so-ooo far away from them here in Central Illinois (which is closer to my employment) Chicago is only getting up to 6-8 inches of total snowfall ... where Central Illinois (where I'm at) is getting anywhere from 8-12 inches of total snowfall. It's another drawback of not living by the Lake. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom