MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged

Yes, you've heard it here first. Reports are that the two have become engaged today in Italy, according to Katie Holmes' father, who lives in Toledo, Ohio (roughly where I'm at). This was revealed during a conversation with the local station where I'm working and reported during the 11:00 pm newscast. Mr. Holmes reports that he's happy, as long as Katie is happy.

Since I don't see this in any other news reports, I'll be happy to issue a retraction, if necessary.

Melon

Last edited:
freekatie.jpg

Ewww.... now we're going to be subjected to squicky engagement photos followed by equally vomit-inducing wedding photos, aren't we????? :barf:

I've always kinda liked Katie, but come on- Tom Cruise? What a freak.

Another excuse for Tom to hop up and down and make a damn fool of himself on national tv.

Publicity stunt like some say? What do you guys think?

who knows what is real in hollywood, its all a joke, I really dont know why they have to advertise there love to everyone

macphisto23 said:
I really dont know why they have to advertise there love to everyone

Its like watching some kids who desperately needs some attention. Lets hope the relationship wont end anytime soon because that would REALLY make Tom look like an ass.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...444765.story?coll=bal-entertainment-headlines

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes engaged

Actor proposes this morning atop the Eiffel Tower in Paris

PARIS -- Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic."

Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: "We haven't discussed that -- one step at a time," he said. "Let's see. We're not sure."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: "Are you OK?" Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

"I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, "Batman Begins." She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology -- Cruise's religion. The former star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

Congrats Tom and Katie.

PARIS, France (AP) -- Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Earlier this week, Holmes said she was embracing Scientology, the religion of Cruise.

Holmes, who was in London to promote her new film, "Batman Begins," said Monday that she's excited about her lessons in Scientology, a religion founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

The former Catholic and star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

"We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true," Holmes said.

In an interview in the June 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly, Cruise was asked if Holmes is curious about Scientology.

"Yeah, absolutely. She digs it," he told the magazine.

In response to a question about whether he'd asked Holmes not to do "Factory Girl" -- about Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol -- because of the drug use in the movie, Cruise said: "I don't even know what 'Factory Girl' is."

He added: "Listen, the thing you've got to know about Katie is that she's an incredibly bright and self-determined woman. She makes her own decisions."

Cruise was previously married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman, and dated Penelope Cruz for several years.

Holmes and actor Chris Klein recently called off their engagement, after dating for five years.

When asked by Entertainment Weekly if he planned to propose to Holmes, Cruise replied: "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."

Anyone want to make some bets as to the over/under of this stunt? I give it 8 months, which I think maybe generous. Regardless, it's amazing what some good old fashioned scientology brainwashing can do.

yimou said:

Its like watching some kids who desperately needs some attention. Lets hope the relationship wont end anytime soon because that would REALLY make Tom look like an ass.

Has he not already managed to come across as a complete ass?

There are stories that he was actually "auditioning" potential girlfriends-Jessica Alba said he called her for a meeting, Jennifer Garner was another one (I guess he forgot about Ben Affleck)..there were others I can't remember. Maybe that's why they are uncomfortable talking about how they met.

I hope for Katie's sake she can tolerate how controlling he seems to be, she's just a young woman who must be completely smitten. I've always been a fan of his but all of this is strange.

I love the recent quote from Brooke Shields who (I believe) is currently performing in the musical “Chicago”. She said “I left two tickets for them one adult and one child”. :ohmy: :ohmy:

WTF!!!!!!!!

Talk about whirlwind publicity stunt.

Hmmm, didn't Batman Begins open on Wednesday and they played a preview of War of the Worlds with Batman Begins.

Frankly, I'm tired of looking at them.

I hated Katie's scenes in Batman Begins. I wish her character had died. Sad I know but all this publicity is yikes!

MrsSpringsteen said:
There are stories that he was actually "auditioning" potential girlfriends-Jessica Alba said he called her for a meeting, Jennifer Garner was another one (I guess he forgot about Ben Affleck)..there were others I can't remember. Maybe that's why they are uncomfortable talking about how they met.

I hope for Katie's sake she can tolerate how controlling he seems to be, she's just a young woman who must be completely smitten. I've always been a fan of his but all of this is strange.

I've never heard those stories. If that's true, then he's even weirder than I originally thought. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom