MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I meant to say was that to call someone jealous because they have questions/doubts about their relationship isn't fair-you can't have an opinion about something w/ out being jealous? I guess you can determine if someone is "jealous" via the internet? :shrug:

Yes I'm nowhere near as hot or rich as they are, I'll never have a ring remotely like that..but I do the best I can w/ what I have. Being jealous is a waste of time for me.

All the money and looks they have doesn't make for a perfect life. Sure I'd like to be as cute as she is, make that kind of money, and have that ring..but I don't spend time thinking about that, and it doesn't have anything to do w/ my opinion about their relationship. Maybe they'll be married for a lifetime, who knows? I'm skeptical, not "jealous".

I know someone posted a "Free Katie" shirt earlier, but this shirt was seriously funny too

2600365.665380.jpg

Last edited:
Windmilllane said:
All these women are jealous of Katie Holmes. She got the hottest guy on the planet, and they are all jealous of her.

I was referring to this post, I assume "all these women" meant women here posting about it. Since I posted about it, therefore..it doesn't surprise me considering what this person has posted about before, but I felt the need to explain myself. I think I have the right to do that :shrug:

There's really no need to tell me to calm down, is there? So many times I'd like to say that to people here, but I don't.

i dont think tom cruise is attractive at all, then again i dont think brad pitt, ben affleck, george clooney are attractive either, i guess i just have bad taste then.

johnny depp, christian bale, clive owen, sean penn, liam neeson...ill take them any day over overrated cruise or pitt

r2117505684.jpg
Are those Katie's hands? Because I'm suddenly reminded of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry dated the woman with "Man hands".
Which may also explain Tom's attratction to her.:ohmy:

elevation2u said:
i dont think tom cruise is attractive at all, then again i dont think brad pitt, ben affleck, george clooney are attractive either, i guess i just have bad taste then.

johnny depp, christian bale, clive owen, sean penn, liam neeson...ill take them any day over overrated cruise or pitt

:drool:

NO you have good taste in men.

Diemen said:
Their relationship wouldn't bother me if Tom wasn't batshit crazy and heavily into Scientology.

Oh wait, that's redundant.

You hit the nail right on the head. I've been reading up on Scientology and well maybe we shouldn't post bad things about Tom Cruise anymore if you know what I Mean :wink: .

There's a website out there that the Church of Scientology has been trying to take down but that has proven difficult for them since it's based in Norway.

All I will say is scary stuff.

Mr. Nice Guy! A real man of the people.

Prank Against Tom Cruise Leads to Arrest
By Associated Press
2 hours ago

LONDON - The London premiere of "War of the Worlds" turned into a war of words after Tom Cruise was squirted in the face by a man posing as a reporter.

Four men were released on bail after being arrested and were ordered to return to a police station Monday.

The actor was outside a movie theater in central London's Leicester Square on Sunday doing press interviews when a man squirted him with a water pistol disguised as a microphone, London's Metropolitan Police said.

Cruise initially appeared to laugh at the incident but then asked the prankster: "Why would you do that?"

As the man gave a barely audible excuse, Cruise said: "Do you like thinking less of people, is that it?" The prankster tried to walk away but Cruise reached across the metal barrier, held his arm and said: "Don't run away. That's incredibly rude. I'm here giving you an interview and you do that ... it's incredibly rude."

The actor grew increasingly irritated and told the man: "You're a jerk." Footage of the incident appeared on Sky News TV on Monday.

Police detained the man who squirted Cruise and arrested three other men who filmed the incident. The four were working on a new comedy show for British television station Channel 4 in which celebrities are the targets of practical jokes.

Police released the men on bail several hours later and ordered them to return to a central London police station on Monday, when they may be charged with assault, the police spokesman said.

Actress Katie Holmes, who recently got engaged to Cruise, was at the premiere but not by his side at the time of the incident.

RedrocksU2 said:
I just talked to Tom, he said to tell you to go :censored: yourselves if you don't approve of him being happy.

Honestly people....why hate?:|

I don't really care about his relationship with Katie Holmes. The way he acted on Oprah - it was something silly to make fun of, nothing serious :).

What really bugged me were his comments about medication and depression. While it might be true that a lot of medicines are overprescribed, it's also true that these medications have helped people a great deal. To say that people should just take "vitamins" to help with serious medical issues like post-partum depression or any mental illness, is dangerous, ill informed, and downright insulting to people who have gone through these illnesses.

http://www.radaronline.com/fresh-intelligence/2005/06/17/index.php#report_001291

Katie Holmes may have fallen for it, but Tom Cruise’s sci-fi seduction technique scared the bejeezus out of Scarlett Johansson, a source close to the actress says. Weeks before he began wooing his brainwashed bride-to-be, Cruise made repeated phone calls to the 19-year-old starlet—who was then set to co-star with him in Mission Impossible III—imploring her to meet him at the Scientology Celebrity Center in L.A. But when the actress finally agreed, the supposedly professional get-together took an oddly spiritual turn. “[Cruise] took me into this room, which was stifling hot, and was showing me all kinds of info about joining the church,” Johansson told our source. “The whole time he didn’t even offer me a cookie!” Instead, he offered her dinner—and a glimpse into the Twilight Zone.

After two hours of proselytizing, our source says Cruise opened a door to reveal a second room full of upper-level Scientologists who had been waiting to dine with the pair, at which point the cool-headed ingenue politely excused herself. Soon after the meeting, Johansson dropped out of Mission Impossible III, reportedly due to scheduling conflicts. Asked about the incident, Johansson’s momager, Melanie Johansson, referred Radar to a publicist, who did not return calls or emails seeking comment. After striking out with Johansson, Cruise reportedly turned his attentions to 24-year-old Jessica Alba, 22-year-old Kate Bosworth, and 18-year-old Lindsay Lohan, before settling on the 26-year-old Holmes. As far we know, Cruise’s War of the Worlds co-star, Dakota Fanning, was never under consideration.

Back
Top Bottom