MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #466
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:31 PM
NW or some other had a story on them in the latest issue which says Scientology rules state the baby is to be left without contact from the mother for at least 24 hours after birth. It mentioned something about it ideally being up to a week of quiet for the baby with no contact or cuddling, anything.
If it is as the article implied, then it goes beyond some fucked belief and becomes child neglect which is jailable. I have to find an online article to get others' opinion. I hope I misread it.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:26 AM   #467
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

Of course it's really very easy to rack up a huge bill when a celebrity is willing to drop thousands and thousands for babies that don'e need all this expensive stuff and when retailers price gauge knowing celebrities will pay any price for their wares.

I drove to N.Calif. to get my sister-in-law's crib before my daughter was born. I didn't feel the need to go out and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars (that I didn't have) on a baby crib and matching furniture. I splurged on the bedding and that was it (Winnie The Pooh )

Old 04-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #468
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:31 AM

My son's crib, changing table and chest of drawers was bought at a garage sale-neighbors next door to my mom and dad. We weren't going to pay full price for new baby furniture. And when we were done with it, I gave it away.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
NW or some other had a story on them in the latest issue which says Scientology rules state the baby is to be left without contact from the mother for at least 24 hours after birth. It mentioned something about it ideally being up to a week of quiet for the baby with no contact or cuddling, anything.
If it is as the article implied, then it goes beyond some fucked belief and becomes child neglect which is jailable. I have to find an online article to get others' opinion. I hope I misread it.
unbelievable.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #470
Refugee

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Quote:
who feeds the baby then? I'll learn them a thing or two about infant development...
Old 04-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Does this mean the baby isn't held at all? God I hope not. Those first few days with the mother are soo important. I'm guessing no breastfeeding either

I was separated from my mother at birth for a few weeks because she got very ill and had a staff infection after delivery . I'm assuming someone held me though
Old 04-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #472
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Im sure someone did hold you Redkat

I hope to god that someone has a brain and doesn't go through with this Scientology birth! How the hell you going to go and basically neglect the child like that?! Im sorry but anyone who agrees to those terms doesn't deserve to have a child.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #473
Blue Crack Overdose

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. What on earth are these cult people thinking this separation from mother at birth and left unheld and un nutured immediately following birth is going to prove? How could Tom allow this to happen? I mean he has 2 adopted kids from his union with Nicole, and how did they know the children were not held, etc. according to these ridiculous Scientology rules when they were born? This makes me sick. I would argue with anyone the importance of this time in an infant's life when it is so important to have the nurturing, the bonding with care givers. There is SO MUCH to be said and proven about human touch.

Scientology:
Old 04-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #474
War Child

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
That is so fucked up.

Still, if I were a woman, I would never EVER resist Tom Cruise, the sexiest male stud in the history of mankind.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #475
Blue Crack Overdose

Tom Cruise is a weiner
Old 04-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #476
Blue Crack Distributor

thirsty Windmilllane?

Quote:
Still, if I were a woman, I would never EVER resist Tom Cruise, the sexiest male stud in the history of mankind.

and if you were a woman, he might not be interested in you

j/k
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #477
Refugee

Does anyone else think her bump looks a bit weird?

Old 04-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #478
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
Does anyone else think her bump looks a bit weird?

You know looking at that picture it really does look rather weird. To me it looks almost fake which makes me wonder

Stupid computer erased the wrong part of my message,lol. Forget now how I had it exactly worded with my theory,lol. So you think it too Ultra that this is possibly a fake pregnancy? I think Tom Cruise is trying to revive a career that is fading out really fast. He's weird as hell anymore I know that! Why someone would go agree to any of this just blows my mind.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #479
Refugee

It's not that far-fetched... I've thought that myself... Tom Cruise has just gotten weirder and weirder over the past year... At this point, nothing would surprise me... I just wonder what the hell Katie was thinking when she got involved in all this...

Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
It's not that far-fetched... I've thought that myself... Tom Cruise has just gotten weirder and weirder over the past year... At this point, nothing would surprise me... I just wonder what the hell Katie was thinking when she got involved in all this...

That is a scary picture and her bump does look a little off