MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Windmilllane said:
All these women are jealous of Katie Holmes. She got the hottest guy on the planet, and they are all jealous of her.

Come to think of it, I am jealous of Tom Cruise for being such a hottie. He is a hottie and I am so ugly.

Tom Cruise? The hottest guy on earth? :laugh:

Please, don't make me puke the lovely ice cream I've just had

I am very jealous. I want the life they have. I want the cameras in my face and my love life spread all over the newspapers for the whole world to see so that people that I have no idea exist will talk about how right and wrong I am with the actions that I do in my life. I want the press to take photos of me in my finest hour and I want them to hide in my bushes and dig through my trash so that they can find anything bad that can be used against me to make me look like I am less than human. Yes that is what I want. I want it all. I want the fame, the wealth, the happiness in the whole wide world. God bless celebs.

I just talked to Tom, he said to tell you to go :censored: yourselves if you don't approve of him being happy.

Honestly people....why hate?:|

I wonder how many people actually saw the entire Oprah interview.....it's funny because even my wife was influenced by the media coverage and when I told her to see the show (I had it Tivo'd), her outlook on the whole thing changed....she was actually happy for both of them.

Again, people...get the story right.

There's just something about Tom that rubs me the wrong way. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but he just seems so, I don't know, like he's trying too hard maybe? :shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I am going to marry the guy I went out with yesterday. It was our first date yesterday. I expect a proposal next week. :love:

Make sure you have sex with him first. Don't buy the car without taking it for a test drive.

:wink:

Oh, my bad. You probably had sex with him.

:wink:

Saracene said:

Same here. He's a good-looking guy, but way too short and boyish for my tastes. I wonder if he'll make Katie give up the heels, :)

That reminds me of a comment Nicole Kidman made to David Letterman shortly after their divocre was finalized back in 2001. When he jokingly asked her if anything was different in her life now(not outright saying about the divorce but hinting at it), she said "Well, now I can wear heels." :lol:

Just go the fuck away already. They're so damn irritating.

pax said:
That is an ass-ugly ring. Someone needs to send Tom the memo that "massive honking diamond" does not equal "pretty ring."

:giggle: I totally agree. Saw it on TV today and went *ugh*...looks garish and fake and screams "LOOK AT ME, I AM CRAZY-IN-LOVE" :scream:

I haven't been a Tom Cruise fan since 5th grade (Top Gun :wink:), but I did love him in Collateral. Lately he's gone off the deep end. His anti-pharmeceutical interviews are downright frightening. I mean, I'm all for getting people off unnecessary meds, but saying you are against all drugs "Because I care. I CARE ABOUT ALL THESE PEOPLE" is a bit demented.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I am very jealous. I want the life they have. I want the cameras in my face and my love life spread all over the newspapers for the whole world to see so that people that I have no idea exist will talk about how right and wrong I am with the actions that I do in my life. I want the press to take photos of me in my finest hour and I want them to hide in my bushes and dig through my trash so that they can find anything bad that can be used against me to make me look like I am less than human. Yes that is what I want. I want it all. I want the fame, the wealth, the happiness in the whole wide world. God bless celebs.

:lmao:

Everyone should go on the Scientology Diet I guess.

A wife a day.

Last edited:
That's the thing in rings these days, especially for celebrities-huge. Have you seen Paris Hilton's 24 carat 5 million dollar ring? Even non-celebrities who can afford it or who go into debt- 4 and 5 carat rings aren't uncommon.

As for me, I'd rather have real love from a good man than a huge ring. And commenting on Katie doesn't mean someone is "jealous" -that's a rather sexist and immature way to look at things :shrug: I think she's beautiful and he's very handsome and if they have found true love, more power to them. I happen to think true love takes far longer than that to develop. And that's just my opinion, it doesn't make me "jealous".

MrsSpringsteen said:
As for me, I'd rather have real love from a good man than a huge ring.

:yes:. Even if I wanted a huge ring, I couldn't have one, 'cause my fingers are really skinny, LOL. But I don't want a huge one.

Also, Saracene, heh, well, I personally have no issues with guys who have a bit of a boyish look to them-that can make 'em look really cute-but I've just never even found Tom remotely good-looking. But regardless, glad to find another person who agrees with me about not having a thing for Tom :).

Angela

It doesn't look that huge in this picture

r2117505684.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
As for me, I'd rather have real love from a good man than a huge ring.

i'd rather have the ring - it will last a hell of a lot longer.

jealous? you bet your ass i am. katie is gorgeous, looks nineteen even though she's close to thirty, makes a crapload of money for doing what she loves to do, and has a very successful, good looking guy passing her huge diamonds rings at the top of the eiffel tower.

oh, yeah...give me my life instead. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom