MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #331
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:45 PM
FAO Swartz? Way to keep up the child-bride image!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:45 PM
pictures

http://people.aol.com/people/galleri...141767,00.html

just one example

Old 12-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #333
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:45 PM
Tom Cruise looks just like his mom.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Aww that pic is so sweet!

Old 12-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #335
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
A handstand?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

I want a picture of the handstand
Old 12-17-2005, 01:24 AM   #337
War Child

Location: in the land of the GEORGIA BULLDOGS...WOOF WOOF WOOF
being as pregnant as she is, why in the friggin heck was katie ice skating???? does scientology allow this?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #338
ONE
love, blood, life

hello?? the baby has superscientologypowers...it can't be hurt.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:43 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

People has some crap quality video of the handstand and the skating, etc. I find this very amusing

http://people.aol.com/people/video/p...142066,00.html
Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

I seriously would like to punch the both of them.

Katie and Tom: Sure and Pure

Psssst. Did you hear? Katie Holmes has a bit of a crush on Tom Cruise. And it seems the only way she can truly express the deep feelings she has for her future baby daddy is to repeat the same automaton-like soundbites she's been spouting since they first stepped out together eight long months ago.

"I'm so thrilled!" the glassy-eyed starlet mantras to OK! magazine. "I want to tell the whole world."

You don't say.

Any bets on the next word Katie uses to describe her much-mocked romance with the L. Ron Hubbard-loving, shrink-hating, wedding date-pushing Cruise? We'll give you a hint: It's not "incredible."

"It's amazing," she enthuses for the umpteenth time. "I'm so proud to be with him. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I feel like he's made my life. I love him."

So much so that she and Tom, who recently came in second on Star magazine's list of the tackiest couples of 2005 (they were topped by Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown), are now even dressing alike.

On Wednesday night in New York, the "Dianetics"-devoted duo stepped out in matching togs, with Cruise sporting a brown topcoat and Holmes, who is rumored to be about six months along with a baby boy, donning a mocha-hued sheath that emphasized her endlessly scrutinized belly.

The occasion was an annual fundraiser for the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project, a Scientology-backed program co-founded by Cruise after Sept. 11 that claims to help firefighters and others exposed to toxins from the collapsed towers clear their systems.

The New York Post says supporters who forked over $6,250 for a ticket were given the chance to glad-hand and strike a pose with Cruise at the event, which reportedly raised $1.6 million, about $400,000 more than last year.

"I started this project out of the great respect I have for the courage and service of the rescue workers," the toothy star declares to "Entertainment Tonight." "When I started this project I was in a position where I knew I could help. I absolutely consider it an honor and a privilege to be here to help these men and women."

But some are glibly taking issue with Tom's idea of help, which, according to the organization's Web site, revolves around a Hubbard-devised "precise regimen" of "exercise, sauna bathing, and vitamin, mineral and oil supplements."

The Post, citing medical professionals, calls the purification process "worthless quackery consisting of sauna sweating, ingestion of cooking oil and large doses of niacin," adding that it has raised concerns within the New York fire department because participants are purportedly counseled to stop taking their prescription medications or using inhalers.

"ET," however, heralds the "worthy cause" for helping to "treat a whopping 400 people."
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

The occasion was an annual fundraiser for the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project, a Scientology-backed program co-founded by Cruise after Sept. 11 that claims to help firefighters and others exposed to toxins from the collapsed towers clear their systems.

The New York Post says supporters who forked over $6,250 for a ticket were given the chance to glad-hand and strike a pose with Cruise at the event, which reportedly raised $1.6 million, about $400,000 more than last year.

"I started this project out of the great respect I have for the courage and service of the rescue workers," the toothy star declares to "Entertainment Tonight." "When I started this project I was in a position where I knew I could help. I absolutely consider it an honor and a privilege to be here to help these men and women."

But some are glibly taking issue with Tom's idea of help, which, according to the organization's Web site, revolves around a Hubbard-devised "precise regimen" of "exercise, sauna bathing, and vitamin, mineral and oil supplements."

The Post, citing medical professionals, calls the purification process "worthless quackery consisting of sauna sweating, ingestion of cooking oil and large doses of niacin," adding that it has raised concerns within the New York fire department because participants are purportedly counseled to stop taking their prescription medications or using inhalers.

"ET," however, heralds the "worthy cause" for helping to "treat a whopping 400 people."
Old 12-19-2005, 10:51 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And if any one of them end up in the ER with a major asthma attack, I hope they sue his ass.

Quackery at its worst.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #343
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Holmes' ex won't congratulate mom-to-be

Dec. 28, 2005. 06:20 AM

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Chris Klein says he won't be sending ex-fiancee Katie Holmes a gift or a congratulatory card after her baby is born.

"No, I don't think so," the 26-year-old actor told AP Radio in a recent interview.

"Her and my relationship is a time in the past. And it's a time that I'll always look back with in fondness, but her and I have moved on, and she has a separate life and I have a separate life. And it's better that we keep it that way."

Holmes, who starred in the TV series Dawson's Creek, and Klein became engaged in December 2003 after five years of dating. They called off their engagement in March.

Tom Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, went public with their relationship in April and became engaged in June. Holmes' pregnancy was reported in October.

Klein, who starred in Election and two American Pie films, has said Cruise had nothing to do with their breakup.

Holmes hasn't revealed her due date.

The grammar makes my hair stand on end! "her and I" UUUGGGHHH!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:07 AM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

[q]Is wedding off for Cruise and Holmes?
Plus: J. Lo’s hubby nixed her on-screen kiss
By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 2:52 a.m. ET Jan. 5, 2006

Hold off on buying that first edition of "Dianetics" as a wedding present for Tom Cruise and his pregnant fiancée, Katie Holmes.

The buzz is that the engagement of the happy couple has hit a few bumps and, after reportedly tense holidays spent at Holmes’ house, wedding plans may have been put on hold.

With a new year beginning, Cruise “decided to take the opportunity to mend fences with the family of his fiancée, Katie Holmes,” according to the upcoming issue of Life & Style Weekly. It didn’t go so well.

“Tom and Katie ended up leaving — three days earlier than planned,” according to a “close friend” of Cruise. “Katie was in tears, but that’s standard when it comes to dealing with family matters and Tom.”

A spokesman for Cruise denies the story, but there have been previous reports that Holmes’ lawyer father is not thrilled with the prospects of the two getting hitched.

“My honest opinion is that the wedding’s not going to happen,” a “friend of the couple” told the mag. “Neither one of them seems as enthusiastic as they once did about marriage.”[/q]
Old 01-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #345
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:45 AM