MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked online, and the magazine didn't publish this story so I'll get it another way. It's bothering me more than it should. They're celebrities with no grasp on reality who'd I'd usually have no interest in, but this is unreal. Just how dedicated this seperation thing is is kind of unimportant anyway, as even if the baby is being fed and having physical needs met, the minimum worst they'll be doing is bad enough for this to be seriously looked at. Everyone knows new babies need close contact with at least any human, preferably the mother who is believed to be recognisable to the little one. A baby who goes from being warm and comforted in the womb to lights and cold air and no sense of someone right there with them is distressed. Exactly what they plan to do is about the worst anyone could do with a newborn. I hope Katie changes her mind once he/she (is it known yet?) is born. Ask any mother who's baby is in a NICU how relaxed they and bub are with seperation. It just doesn't happen. :angry:

I don't know how far along she was here:
1339039.jpg

This is from 3/21/06:

capt.ny12403232358.people_cruise_ny124.jpg

but I did find this...
freekatie.jpg

apparently from 3/23...
X-TCruise032206-05.jpg
X-TCruise032206-03.jpg
X-TCruise032206-33.jpg

and Feb.16th
20623966.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe she secretly had the baby and is faking the pregnancy until the Scientology mucky-mucks will allow her to visit and touch said child?

Or maybe the wind blew her maternity top at just an angle that makes her look unusually pregnant in that shot?

:shrug:

:hmm:

Cruise: Dad Abused Me

by Natalie Finn
Apr 5, 2006, 4:45 PM PT

As Tom Cruise prepares to be a proud papa again, he has implied that there's one man he definitely will not be taking lessons in daddyhood from.

The War of the Worlds star says in the upcoming issue of Parade magazine that his father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III, who died in the mid-'80s of cancer, was abusive.

"He was a bully and a coward. He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you," Cruise said. "It was a great lesson in my life--how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang!"

Even when he was a child he felt that his dad was someone to watch out for. "For me, it was like, 'There's something wrong with this guy. Don't trust him. Be careful around him.' There's that anxiety," Cruise divulged. His mother, Mary Lee, divorced his dad in 1974.

Cruise said he approached his father for a reconciliation (sometime between Risky Business and Top Gun), when Mapother was on his deathbed. "He would only meet me on the basis that I didn't ask him anything about the past," the 43-year-old actor said.

The estranged father and son reunited, but there was no closure to be had. "When I saw him in pain," Cruise reminisced, "I thought, 'Wow, what a lonely life.' He was in his late 40's. It was sad."

And although going to school was a chance to flee his unhappy home, the classroom offered little solace for a young Cruise either. Apparently no one realized that they were picking on the future "Tom Cruise" because, as a boy, he was harassed in the halls quite a bit.

"So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me," Cruise remembered. "Your heart's pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you're going to vomit…I don't like bullies."

Cruise has begun making the publicity rounds in advance of Mission: Impossible III.

Already the actor made headlines during a weekend trip to Germany to promote the sequel. He appeared on the TV show Wetten Dass... (I'll Bet) and announced that his two pilots were on standby to fly him back to the States should fiancée Katie Holmes go into labor. The 27-year-old actress is in the final stages of her pregnancy. (The actor has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, Connor and Isabella.)

Cruise also divulged in the Bild tabloid that the couple's wedding would take place after the birth.

"First the baby, then the film," he was quoted as saying. "Then, in summer, we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."

And why should he? For all the grief they get, Holmes has been something of a good-luck charm for Cruise. War of the Worlds, which premiered right around the time TomKat did, grossed more than $590 million worldwide. And the prospects are promising for Mission: Impossible III. The sequel, set for May 5 and costarring Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman as the baddie, is part of a franchise with a pretty decent track record--the first two films raked in more than $1 billion.

on msn.com

SERIOUSLY WTF!!? :angry:

Tom to Pacify Katie?

How far will Tom Cruise go to ensure Katie Holmes keeps her piehole plugged as she brings forth his progeny? Just days after reports surfaced that the "Dianetics"-devoted star had presented his about-to-blow fiancée with an iPod filled with her favorite tunes to help her through the Scientology-suggested noise-free delivery, there's word that he may be taking more serious steps to ensure her silence.

"He commissioned an adult-sized 'binky' for her to clench between her teeth, hoping that it'll squelch her screams," an insider alleges to Star (via the New York Daily News). "In keeping with a Scientology silent birth, Tom is prepared to do whatever it takes to muffle Katie's moans and groans during the delivery."

(And no, you're not alone in going to a scary visual place with the phrase, "whatever it takes to muffle" Holmes, a statement that manages to out-creep what Tom said in Germany last week about how he "won't let this woman get away." Eeek!)

The pacifier is purportedly made of plastic and is molded to fit Katie's mouth, which has been frozen into a perma-grin since she first hooked up with the amped-up A-lister in April 2005.

Still, as much fun as it is to picture the semi-retired starlet channeling Maggie Simpson as she pushes a person out of her, Cruise's rep insists the story isn't true.

For those unfamiliar with L. Ron Hubbard's views on childbirth, he believed silence was necessary "to save the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go."

That's not to say the woman can't make any sounds during labor. "Screaming is fine," fellow proselytizing Scientologist Kelly Preston, aka Mrs. John Travolta, tells the Insider. "Sounds and screaming. It's the words. If you can -- avoid saying certain phrases and words. Just try to keep it as quiet as possible."

So to sum up, "screaming is fine," as long as it's "as quiet as possible." Gotcha.

Anyhoo, Katie is killing time before she silently slouches into motherhood by doing a little retail therapy. On Tuesday, she popped into Barneys in Los Angeles -- burly bodyguards in tow -- to pick out a few baby items.

Us reports she snapped up some onesies in blue and green, but before you jump to any conclusions about whether she's carrying a boy or a girl, keep in mind that just a few weeks ago she shelled out for several pink ensembles.

"She shops for baby clothes like she doesn't know what she is having," a saleswoman tattles to the mag. "Sometimes I think she is trying to throw people off with how she is shopping. It is very strange."

This gender confusion has led Us, which features the dead-eyed duo on this week's cover with the headline, "Baby Battle: The secret world of Scientology kids -- and why Katie's parents fear for their daughter," to raise the chilling possibility that she might bring forth two TomKittens.

Although the sonogram-performing Cruise isn't saying what exactly is baking in Katie's oven, he does, through an "amazing" coincidence, have another baby about to arrive, the big budget "Mission: Impossible III," which hits theaters May 5.

In a refreshing change from the psychiatry bashing and couch abusing he performed while stumping for "War of the Worlds" last summer, he's kicking off this promotional push by dredging up the lousy relationship he had with his late father.

"He was a bully and a coward -- the person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you," Tom reveals to Parade. "It was a great lesson in my life -- how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang!"

Adds the star, "For me it was like, 'There's something wrong with this guy. Don't trust him. Be careful around him.' There's that anxiety."

Cruise, who has probably devoted more than a few e-meter sessions discussing the man he dubbed "the merchant of chaos," also admits how he never quite fit in as a kid.

"I had no really close friend," he recalls. "I was always the new kid with the wrong shoes, the wrong accent. I didn't have the friend to share things with and confide in."

Compounding his problems was a dyslexia diagnosis, a label he says "instantly put me into confusion. It was an absolute affront to my dignity."

Says Tom, "I remember thinking, 'I've got to figure this out. What's normal? Am I normal? Who's to say what's normal?' I didn't understand what 'normal' is. It still doesn't make sense."

You don't say.

hahaha, all of the Katie pictures remind me of that old mini-series V.

And the woman gives birth to the Lizard Baby!!!

vtwinsmall4rh.jpg
vtwinsmall4rh.jpg
vtwinsmall4rh.jpg

I must be tired...when I first read the phrase "semi-retired starlet", I misread it as "semi-retarded"!

Btw, I saw apparently the most recent pictures of Ms. Holmes last night...she looks smaller than in those pics Lila 64 posted(bellywise).:huh:

Me thinks Ms Holmes who, yes was very cute once upon a time, has allowed herself to be brain washed and possessed. Very sad indeed. Sad for the child she is carrying also.

^ right on :up:

silent birth sounds like silent torcher, especially with that pacifier involved as the device. i can picture it now, tom jamming that thing into her mouth, glarring at her, telling her to be quiet. it sounds like a scary movie .. that girls going to need some therapy after that.

if it wasn't my idea and i was asked told to do that during birth, i'd tell u that u were crazy.

Back
Top Bottom