MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is everybody ragging on Tom Cruise?
:sad:
He is my hero. Women love him because he is so smoking hawt. The man is just too perfect in the looks department. When I look in the mirror, I always say to myself, "Why can't I look like Tom Cruise." I betcha I'm not the only man who says this, too.
So what he is a jerk. Women still want to sleep with him.

Tom Cruise

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Speaking of adorable Matthew McConaughey....have you seen the trailer for his new film with Sarah Jessica Parker? Looks cute. He lives with his parents!! I'd go to the theatre to see this one. :wink:

Carek1230 said:
Speaking of adorable Matthew McConaughey....have you seen the trailer for his new film with Sarah Jessica Parker? Looks cute. He lives with his parents!! I'd go to the theatre to see this one. :wink:

I saw him on Oprah last week :drool: He started the show / interview off by bringing a 'butler' type of gentleman out and he & Oprah had shots of Tequila. :drool:

Expectant mom Katie Holmes plants a kiss on fiancé Tom Cruise in Sydney Harbour on Thursday. The couple was Down Under for a funeral

tcruise.jpg

tcruise2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't flying, especially long distances(L.A. to Sydney is a pretty long flight), discouraged so late in pregnancy? :eyebrow:

daygloeyes2 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't flying, especially long distances(L.A. to Sydney is a pretty long flight), discouraged so late in pregnancy? :eyebrow:

it is discouraged but I'm guessing they keep a dr. nearby and it's probably a private plane anyways. so she could get medical attention pretty quickly.

Katie Holmes to Tom Cruise: No Scientology Ritual at Birth

By Jennifer Cox
Feb 17, 2006

The fabulous Katie Holmes has reportedly declared to Tom Cruise that she will not allow Scientologists to commandeer her newborn at birth a published report details.

Is Katie Under Stress?

Mike Walker gives an account that reports that Katie is hysterical over the possibility of a Scientology birth ritual that is reportedly called "Processing of a New Mother."

In his Enquirer 'All the Gossip" weekly feature Walker claims that Katie is nervous over the fact that the baby will be controlled by the sects handlers.

The process is described in the article as a "bizarre ritual that separates mother and child for three days allowing only minimal contact."

Katie told Tom that she will reject this and told the star actor and Scientologist never to speak of this again.

Reps for Tom deny the story. Reps for Katie did not comment.

But it appears that as the birth gets closer, Katie is seven to eight months preggers, the reports and speculation of the birth and the relationship to follow are going to ramp up.

Katie and Tom are in Australia smiling for the cameras, and are putting a brave face on the rumors and innuendo.

source: National Ledger

U2Girl1978 said:
Katie Holmes to Tom Cruise: No Scientology Ritual at Birth

By Jennifer Cox
Feb 17, 2006

The fabulous Katie Holmes has reportedly declared to Tom Cruise that she will not allow Scientologists to commandeer her newborn at birth a published report details.

Is Katie Under Stress?

Mike Walker gives an account that reports that Katie is hysterical over the possibility of a Scientology birth ritual that is reportedly called "Processing of a New Mother."

In his Enquirer 'All the Gossip" weekly feature Walker claims that Katie is nervous over the fact that the baby will be controlled by the sects handlers.

The process is described in the article as a "bizarre ritual that separates mother and child for three days allowing only minimal contact."

Katie told Tom that she will reject this and told the star actor and Scientologist never to speak of this again.

Reps for Tom deny the story. Reps for Katie did not comment.

But it appears that as the birth gets closer, Katie is seven to eight months preggers, the reports and speculation of the birth and the relationship to follow are going to ramp up.

Katie and Tom are in Australia smiling for the cameras, and are putting a brave face on the rumors and innuendo.

source: National Ledger

If that's true, that's very scary and freaky. If I were Katie, I would beat them with sticks if they tried to take my baby away from me. :grumpy:

U2Girl1978 said:
I don't know. :( But Wikipedia has some information on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

There's been people with Dianetics books at a train station near me trying to convert people. :yikes:

That's an interesting site and some verrrrry interesting reading, U2Girl. In my opinion Scientology should not be listed under or mentioned in the same sentence with the word "Religion" as I see it as a cult, not a religion as in house of worship. It's freaky. I really feel badly for Katie Holmes if she indeed allowed herself to be suckered into this whole Tom Cruise/Scientology thing. I lose respect as I wish (for her) she were smarter than that. This child she is carryong is not "hers". it will belong to the world of Scientology as they will use it as spawn to recruit more followers. Sick sick sick......:mad:

Carek1230 said:
That's an interesting site and some verrrrry interesting reading, U2Girl. In my opinion Scientology should not be listed under or mentioned in the same sentence with the word "Religion" as I see it as a cult, not a religion as in house of worship. It's freaky. I really feel badly for Katie Holmes if she indeed allowed herself to be suckered into this whole Tom Cruise/Scientology thing. I lose respect as I wish (for her) she were smarter than that. This child she is carryong is not "hers". it will belong to the world of Scientology as they will use it as spawn to recruit more followers. Sick sick sick......:mad:

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject

that Scientology article is on the RollingStone web site, I've been meaning to read it

http://www.nymetro.com/news/intelligencer/16383/index.html

The March 9 issue of Rolling Stone includes a piece called “Inside Scientology,” which reports on how “the church has a storied reputation for squelching its critics through litigation, and, according to some reports, intimidation.” Sources at Wenner Media, which publishes Rolling Stone, say they know all about it. Scientologist Tom Cruise was supposed to appear on the cover of Men’s Journal, another Jann Wenner publication. According to sources, Cruise wanted the Rolling Stone story killed, and, when Wenner’s team said no, Cruise bailed on Men’s Journal’s May cover before the writer (a freelancer named Kate Rockland) even got to him. Wenner Media didn’t return calls, but Cruise’s camp, reached via e-mail, was forthright about its issues with Wenner’s magazines. “We were never confirmed to be the cover, we were in discussions,” says representative Arnold Robinson. As to whether the Rolling Stone story was the deal-breaker, he would only say: “We were aware of it.”

Back
Top Bottom