MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A onesie? Don't you guys remember body suits? I wore those all the time in college. Just looks like a maternity body suit to me.

Or am I dating myself by mentioning them? :reject:

Until I see RFLPs for that child, run by an independent laboratory, I ain't believin' so there. :madspit:

onesie :lol:

I've worn bodysuits before, they are so problematic when you have to go to the bathroom. I can't imagine wearing one when you are that pregnant and drinking liquids. Interesting look.

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 2:48 a.m. ET Feb. 8, 2006

Will Katie Holmes be a stay-at-home mom?

The buzz is that Tom Cruise wants his wife-to-be to focus on being a wife and a mother — not on her career. He also reportedly wants her to avoid the spotlight for a while.

“I’ve got Katie tucked away, so no one will get to us until my child is born — and until I want them to,” Cruise recently told “a friend” according to the new issue of Life & Style Weekly.

What’s more, according to the mag, the friend claims Cruise doesn’t want a repeat of his marriage to Nicole Kidman; the couple had two adopted children and also tended to their careers.

“I said [Katie's] life from now on was going to be about being a mother,” Cruise allegedly said. “I’m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.” Cruise’s rep denies the story

MrsSpringsteen said:
By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 2:48 a.m. ET Feb. 8, 2006

Will Katie Holmes be a stay-at-home mom?

The buzz is that Tom Cruise wants his wife-to-be to focus on being a wife and a mother — not on her career. He also reportedly wants her to avoid the spotlight for a while.

“I’ve got Katie tucked away, so no one will get to us until my child is born — and until I want them to,” Cruise recently told “a friend” according to the new issue of Life & Style Weekly.

What’s more, according to the mag, the friend claims Cruise doesn’t want a repeat of his marriage to Nicole Kidman; the couple had two adopted children and also tended to their careers.

“I said [Katie's] life from now on was going to be about being a mother,” Cruise allegedly said. “I’m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.” Cruise’s rep denies the story

If that´s stroy is true, he has completely lost it! There are a couple of sentences in that article that really scare me.

Run, Katie/Kate/whatevernicknamemadCrusiehasginyou,Run!!!!!

He seriously is gonzo!

In other Grammy gossip, Tom Cruise surgically removed himself from Katie Holmes' side long enough to make the scene solo at Kanye West's pre-award show performance in L.A. Monday night, reports MTV.

No, Tom hasn't developed a sudden taste for hip-hop. Turns out the meeting of the massive egos was more business than pleasure: West has been hired to reinterpret the theme song for "Mission: Impossible III."

The rapper must be happy with his new gig, because he made sure to give Tom a shout-out from the stage. The toothy future baby daddy was -- get this -- "a little shy" when the spotlight hit him, but he did manage to overcome his uncharacteristic bashfulness to smile and wave to the crowd.

Cruise, apparently as sick as we are of the word "amazing," instead described the experience with such exclamations as "Wow!" "Damn" and "Un-[bleeping]-believable."

The same could be said for a report in Star, which claims the I-do-my-own-stunts-asserting A-lister scaled a rope and climbed onto a balcony to get a better view of the stage.

"It was completely bizarre -- it reminded me of his crazy display on 'Oprah' when he jumped up and down on her couch," a bystander tells the tab.

No word on the expectant Katie's whereabouts, but we're gonna go out on a limb and say she was busy strapping herself into an uncomfortable unitard-like contraption in preparation for her belly-baring morning coffee run.

Found on imdb.com

WTF!

Cruise Bullies Kanye West Into Impossible Mission

Tom Cruise persuaded rapper Kanye West to change his mind about creating a new theme for Mission: Impossible III by paying him a visit. The movie star was adamant West should be involved in the soundtrack and when the rap star announced he was too busy to play around with the classic theme, Cruise refused to take no for an answer. Cruise tells MTV News, "I'm a big fan of his work and we said, 'What's Kanye doing?' - 'He's busy, busy, busy.' So... I went by and he's got two songs that he wrote that are just unbelievable - he did a version of 'Mission: Impossible' and an original... It is 'Wow'. When you see an artist that you just respect and he's so talented. I was like, 'Man, I'd love to see what he's gonna do with this.' You've got to hear what he did with it. It's Kanye West and it's really extraordinary. I looked at him and said, 'Man, you killed it.'"

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes — it’s over!

Life & Style magazine has learned exclusively that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have agreed to call off their wedding — and, ultimately, to split.

Multiple insiders confirmed the story to Life & Style, with one longtime friend of Tom’s saying: “Their relationship is basically over.” Another friend adds: “They both agreed that the marriage wouldn’t work and they wanted to end it before they learned to hate each other.”

The insiders say that Tom, 43, and Katie, 27, plan to keep up the charade of a romance until after their baby’s birth this spring. In the meantime, the couple will live in his Beverly Hills home — though sleeping in separate bedrooms — through the summer. Then, presumably, they’ll announce a separation — but Tom plans to buy Katie a home nearby so he can visit his child whenever he wishes.

“They’ll share custody,” says the friend, who claims the couple are drawing up a legal document to provide for Katie’s and the baby’s financial well-being for life. “Tom will set up Katie and the baby,” adds the pal.

For more on Tom and Katie’s split and other celebrity relationship and style news, pick up the latest issue of Life & Style Weekly.

tomkat2.jpg

tomkat1_1.JPG

Hmm what a whirlwind:der: this was probably discussed here awhile back but I thought Tom wasn't able to have children and that's why when he was married to Nicole they adopted? Is that not the case or did Katie and him go the artificial route?

Even though I had doubts about the legitimacy of their relationship, I think its sad that they broke up with a baby on the way.

This is all just waaaayyyyyy too bizarre. What a charade. I feel like Tom just used Katie as breeding ground to have a biological child of his own. Hopefully that child won't grow up to be anything like his freak of a father. And why did he have to pick on such a young girl? Ugh......makes me so :mad:

This was on eonline.com:

Tom, Katie Put Kibosh on Breakup Report

by Marcus Errico
Feb 14, 2006, 3:55 PM PT

Tom Cruise's new Mission: Impossible: To convince tabloids that he and Katie Holmes are legit.

Reps for Cruise and fiancée Katie Holmes were in super-spin mode Tuesday, furiously issuing denials after Life & Style published a "malicious" Valentine's Day story, claiming the entity otherwise known as TomKat was kaput.

In a press release and brief report on its Website, the glossy touted its Feb. 27 cover story, which bears the headline "SPLIT! And Katie's 7 Months Pregnant."

"Life & Style has learned exclusively that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have agreed to call off their wedding--and, ultimately, to split," the story says, attributing two unnamed "friends" of the couple.

The report continues, saying parents-to-be Cruise and Holmes "plan to keep up the charade of a romance until after their baby's birth this spring. In the meantime, the couple will live in his Beverly Hills home--though sleeping in separate bedrooms--through the summer," presumably after Mission: Impossible 3 reaches blockbuster status. (The sequel comes out May 5.) The report concludes by saying Cruise will buy Holmes a house nearby so she can visit their child whenever she wants and that the stars will have joint custody. The issue featuring the story is due on newsstands Friday.

The story and press release went out shortly after noon PT. By 1 p.m., Cruise and Holmes' joint denial was in circulation.

"It should be known that the story is 100 percent false," publicist Arnold Robinson said in a statement. "Mr. Cruise and Ms. Holmes are still engaged and are moving forward with their wedding plans, as well as planning for the arrival of their child."

Cruise, 43, famously announced his love for the 25-year-old Holmes while hopping up and down on Oprah Winfrey's furniture. Within two months of their initial hook-up, he proposed atop the Eiffel Tower in June. By October, they announced Holmes' pregnancy, with Cruise monitoring the fetus' progress on his own sonogram machine to the chagrin of OB/GYNs everywhere. About the only thing the couple hasn't shared is their wedding date.

"Despite the malicious fallacies put forth by Life & Style magazine, the couple is looking forward to a long and happy life together as a family," said Robinson.

Life & Style, meanwhile, calculated its accuracy a bit differently, announcing, "We stand 100 percent behind our story."

yeah, the tabloid shows this even opened with the story, but said that their camps have denied it and that they are still together. The baby is due around the first week of May, coincidentally the time that the new movie, MI3 will be out. :hmm:

Ok, in the betting pool, who had 7 months or broken up before baby being born? :lmao:

Carek1230 said:
This is all just waaaayyyyyy too bizarre. What a charade. I feel like Tom just used Katie as breeding ground to have a biological child of his own. Hopefully that child won't grow up to be anything like his freak of a father. And why did he have to pick on such a young girl? Ugh......makes me so :mad:

It still could be L. Ron Hubbard's child....

from defamer.com

According to BoingBoing, Fark’s Drew Curtis received a particularly hostile e-mail in response to a Fark comment thread about yesterday’s Life & Style Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes break-up story (which was, of course, immediately denied by Team Cruise). Curtis noted that the sender’s IP address belongs to Paramount Studios, leading him to hypothesize that the anonymous, grammatically innovative e-mailer was Cruise himself. The e-mail:

"I can’t believe that people actually read and or believe this bull shit that is posted on fark.com. This is the first time I have been to fark.com and definatly the last. Considering I am witness to a lot of shit that goes on in hollywood, its hard to post some complete bull shit rumor say about tom cruise and katie holmes breaking up when they are sitting in front of you acting completely normal and sane. You guys must have small penis’s since you have to make up shit for people to notice you. Hate to be with you in bed. Dumb shits! You may think I am, at least Im getting rich off being honest and not lieing to everyone in the fucking world."

We’d love to believe that Cruise spends his downtime lost in vanity Google session and firing off unhinged missives about the health of his relationship [Ed.note: Tom: call us!], but we have a hard time picturing the Scientology Information Officers letting him anywhere near a computer, for fear the rest of his life would be consumed by a crusade to wipe out the unchecked negativity of the internets. And with so many people on the Paramount lot (where his production company is housed) whose jobs are dependent on Cruise’s career, the message really could’ve come from anyone. So as long as we’re taking guesses as to the angry writer with the disabled spell-checker, we might as well finger a far more likely suspect: Paramount Emperor Brad Grey. It all makes sense now, doesn’t it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom