MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msnbc.com

One of us! One of us!

Tom Cruise — who has been speaking out a lot lately about his Scientology beliefs — got a standing ovation at a Scientology fundraiser for his support of the controversial religion.

Cruise, who attended the U.K. fundraiser with pregnant fiancée Katie Holmes, seemed startled by the outburst of applause at the event, where he was presented with the Diamond Meritorious Award for spreading Scientology.

“It has been an amazing event and it is even more amazing that Tom has brought Katie,” a source told ContactMusic.com. “It feels really good knowing that she is one of us now.” Cruise is rumored to have donated more than $3.6 million to Scientology.

Another high-profile Scientology couple, John Travolta and Kelly Preston, wowed the crowed by taking to the stage while Isaac Hayes performed, and danced “Grease” style to “Stand By Me,” according to ITN.

maybe she's much better off w/ Tom

msn.com

Katie's Ungentlemanly Ex

Sure, Tom Cruise has indoctrinated Katie Holmes into an unorthodox faith, abused innocent sofas in her name (which he changed to Kate), repeatedly sucked on her tonsils in public and knocked her up with lightning speed, but, hey, at least he's not Chris Klein.

Yeah, we never thought we'd say that either, but then the actress' corn-fed ex-fiancé decided to spout off to Elle. We'd like to say he comes across in the interview as a chauvinistic, pompous bonehead, but that would be an insult to all the chauvinistic, pompous boneheads out there.

Whether through overcompensation or overconfidence, Klein, who dated Holmes for five years, spews some doltish doozies during the sit-down, beginning with whether there's a favorite meal he prepares to win over his dates.

"I don't need food to impress, man," boasts the cocky "American Pie" C-lister. "It's a flash of a smile and a nice conversation. And at the end of the day, she's cooking the food."

Chris, 26, a self-described "alpha heterosexual" who only dates "8 to 10's," also reveals how displeased he is if a woman he's seeing gains a few pounds.

"I'm not tolerant of that at all," declares the actor, who says he has no problem telling his swollen squeeze to shape up.

"When a woman isn't feeling good about herself and you combine that with her period, eventually she'll ask you if you like her body," he pontificates. "You have to say no."

Klein then rejects the interviewer's suggestion that "they're just looking for you to say, 'You look beautiful to me, honey.'" "If they do, it's placating," he scoffs. "I don't placate."

Given this attitude, it's not surprising when he admits the "worst thing" a woman ever said to him was, "You're a [expletive that rhymes with 'brass pole']."

As he recalls, "The time it really hurt was when a stranger said it. I was just trying to tell this chick to get lost. I try to treat all women with respect whether they're pretty or ugly. I want to be nice and be like, 'Wow, thanks for the attention. But get out of my face.'"

A few other gentlemanly gems from the chat include Chris describing wooing a woman as a "predator-prey situation" and admitting he stays "very closed off until a woman deserves to know me completely."

Asked if this approach makes it tough for potential partners to unravel the enigma that is Chris Klein, he sneers, "Hey, man, I'm not here to hold hands and babysit. She's got to come to the table with something."

As for his romance with Holmes, Klein reveals they "had an absolute ball, but we grew up." He insists they're still friends even though they don't talk, and dismissively says he doesn't keep up with her "amazing" Cruise coupling, which in the wake of this interview now seems slightly less cringe-inducing (curse you, Chris Klein!).

"No way," he huffs. "I've got fantasy football to play."

even if he's saying it because he's hurt, it still isn't justified...and he's still a fucking loser

edited because he's such a creep it made me unable to spell..

U2Girl1978 said:
It's so sad because he seemed to be so sweet. Looks can be deceiving. :|

Yes they certainly can be, and people aren't always as they seem, are they? He really opened mouth, inserted foot there..

The guy who had sex w/ the pie is much nicer :wink:

:hmm: you know come to think of it, I was watching an interview with him the other day and he did seem rather cocky about being single. He said he has never had any problems with dateing especially since he is an actor in Hollywood. I really thought he was hot but with comments like he has stated in recent interviews he has sunk into the not so attractive ranks.

Give me a break. If you had a choice between an ugly nice guy or Chris Klein, you would take Chris Klein in a heartbeat. Hot guys, no matter how cocky or jerkish they are, can get any woman they want. Period.

Chris Klein in a club:

*approaches hot chick*

"Yo baby, you know you want me."

*chick seems intrigued*

Chris: "You know you want this... *grabs croach*"

*Both Chris and hot chick proceed to the bathroom where hot chick performs oral*

You know it's true...

luckily for me my boyfriend is hot and noncocky, all around nice, fun, and sweet
:cute:

and as for you ^ windmill get over yourself, just because you feel/are an outsider doesn't mean you know how it works for everybody else

i've been asked on dates by guys I think are good looking but decline simply because they have a crummy personality ex. being cocky, or cant hold an interesting conversation

Windmilllane said:
Give me a break. If you had a choice between an ugly nice guy or Chris Klein, you would take Chris Klein in a heartbeat. Hot guys, no matter how cocky or jerkish they are, can get any woman they want. Period.

:| You know, you really need to get over this theory that people just want hot people. Quite frankly, I have a few choice words I'd like to say to you but I'll keep it clean.

He's played a fighter pilot, sports agent and samurai onscreen – but is Tom Cruise now preparing to imitate an obstetrician in real life?

In an interview taped Oct. 30 with Barbara Walters for her upcoming special Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2005, which airs Nov. 29 on ABC, Cruise revealed his latest purchase for his expectant fiancée Katie Holmes.

"I bought a sonogram machine," Cruise told Walters. "I am gonna donate it to a hospital when we are done."

Added Walters: "Wait, you are going to do your own sonogram?"

"Yes," said Cruise, laughing.

The devices, which use ultrasound waves to allow a peek at a fetus's development, can cost anywhere from $15,000 to over $200,000. (Cruise's rep declined to comment on the purchase.)

So does Tom know if their camera-ready kid is a boy or a girl? "No, I don't," he said. "Barbara, I would tell you. I would say, 'I know if it's a boy or a girl and I'm not telling you.'"

Walters asked, "So what do you see?" Said Cruise: "A little baby."

It's wait and see for wedding plans too, according to Cruise. "We are gonna get married next summer or early fall," he told Walters. "We don't have a date set yet."

Walters volunteered to catch the bouquet. But before Babs can dive for the flowers, Cruise has work to do. He and Holmes recently left for Shanghai, where he'll spend a couple of weeks on location to film scenes for Mission: Impossible 3, due out next May.

from imdb.com..A little more info.

Klein: "I Hate Fat Girlfriends"
American Pie star Chris Klein has hinted at why Katie Holmes ended their engagement at the beginning of the year and found love with Tom Cruise - he has a mean streak. The unforgiving actor tells women's style magazine Elle that he hates placating women and refuses to accept his partner gaining weight because it leads to insecurity issues. He says, "When a woman isn't feeling good about herself and you combine that with her period, eventually she'll ask you if you like her body. You have to say no... I don't placate." He also admits he fell in love with the majority of his female co-stars and counts them all as ones that got away. Klein adds, "I've got this policy that you don't sleep with them (co-stars); it complicates stuff. So it's the Heather Grahams, the Rebecca Romijns, the Mena Suvaris, and the Leelee Sobieskis of the world. They all got away." Meanwhile, the actor admits he plans to stay friends with his ex, even though they no longer speak to one another. He states, "Are we friends? Absolutely. Do we talk? No."

What a sweetie! :eyebrow:

Who wouldn't be insecure if they were with a loser like him?

MrsSpringsteen said:
He's played a fighter pilot, sports agent and samurai onscreen – but is Tom Cruise now preparing to imitate an obstetrician in real life?

In an interview taped Oct. 30 with Barbara Walters for her upcoming special Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2005, which airs Nov. 29 on ABC, Cruise revealed his latest purchase for his expectant fiancée Katie Holmes.

"I bought a sonogram machine," Cruise told Walters. "I am gonna donate it to a hospital when we are done."

Added Walters: "Wait, you are going to do your own sonogram?"

"Yes," said Cruise, laughing.

The devices, which use ultrasound waves to allow a peek at a fetus's development, can cost anywhere from $15,000 to over $200,000. (Cruise's rep declined to comment on the purchase.)

So does Tom know if their camera-ready kid is a boy or a girl? "No, I don't," he said. "Barbara, I would tell you. I would say, 'I know if it's a boy or a girl and I'm not telling you.'"

Walters asked, "So what do you see?" Said Cruise: "A little baby."

It's wait and see for wedding plans too, according to Cruise. "We are gonna get married next summer or early fall," he told Walters. "We don't have a date set yet."

Walters volunteered to catch the bouquet. But before Babs can dive for the flowers, Cruise has work to do. He and Holmes recently left for Shanghai, where he'll spend a couple of weeks on location to film scenes for Mission: Impossible 3, due out next May.

Ugh! GAG....now I've heard just about all I want to hear from the Tom Cruise camp. Do your own sonograms...isn't that a bit much? Give me a freakin break! How sad.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes greeted the season in style Thursday in New York, as they celebrated her birthday with dinner, a private trip to the FAO Schwarz toy store – where Tom entertained with handstands – and a late-night ice-skating adventure in the rain, PEOPLE reports exclusively.

While Holmes spent the day shopping at such Madison Avenue boutiques as Barneys, Donna Karen, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu and Chloe, her husband-to-be didn't come out of the hotel until dinner time, whereupon he scored high marks with the bartender at the Post House steakhouse – despite the fact that, as a Scientologist, Tom doesn't imbibe.

"He seems like a regular guy," the bartender tells PEOPLE. "He was very nice."

After the midtown feast with a group of about a dozen people, Holmes's pre-birthday celebration (she turns 27 on Sunday) continued at Fifth Avenue institution FAO Schwarz, which was closed to the public by the time the Cruise contingent arrived around 9:30 p.m. The toy store was ready for them, too: festooned with balloons tied to small white tiger dolls and 7'-tall stuffed giraffes.

But the real show was put on by Tom and his pregnant fiancée, with both of them performing on top of the store's giant piano – jumping, bouncing, trying to tickle out a tune on the ivories. At one point, Tom did a handstand.

Katie must have approved: She clapped and laughed before the couple embraced and shared a long, 30-second kiss.

The emporium also had a surprise in store of the birthday girl: cupcakes with candles, which she blew out with Tom's help. The party then moved downstairs, near the videogame area, and by 11:30 p.m., the pair were ready to move on, thanks to a caravan of four SUVs.

But the night wasn't over. Despite some nasty rain with some sleet thrown in, Tom and Katie took to Central Park's Wollman Rink (the same one that King Kong and Naomi Watts use onscreen in the new movie epic) and skated, in between hugging and kissing.

They remained on the ice for about half an hour, after which Katie took refuge inside while Tom continued to skate a little longer. Around 12:30 a.m., the group left the park and returned to the hotel – hopefully to get the mom-to-be into some dry clothes

Back
Top Bottom