MERGED ----> Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged + Congrats Tom and Katie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well here is another photo. :eyebrow: She is apparently mad about these pictures because they make her look further along then she actually is. SURE!

katie_bump.jpg

[q]http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,16883491-10431,00.html
Katie's big bump
From staff writers

October 11, 2005

IT seems Katie Holmes' bulging belly has set tongues wagging in Hollywood.
The former Dawson's Creek babe, who only last week announced she was expecting with movie star fiance Tom Cruise, has been spotted around town with a sizeable bump - prompting speculation she is more than three months pregnant.

A trip to watch Tom's adopted daughter Isabella play soccer in a local park in Los Angeles over the weekend sparked the whispers, according to London's Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old was seen in a floaty purple top with a prominent belly and protruding belly-button - a sign usually associated with stages later than three months.

One parent at the park told the Mail: "To me she looked more like a girl who was five months pregnant than three. If she does still have six months of her term left to go, she is going to be as big as a house by the time the baby arrives."

Cruise, 43, has two adopted children - Connor, 10 and Isabella, 12 - with Australian star Nicole Kidman.

Advertisement:
The Top Gun star began dating Holmes in April and the lovebirds were engaged eight weeks later in Paris.

Their over-the-top public displays of affection initially lead many to speculate the pairing was a publicity stunt to spruik the couple's respective new films. Cruise's couch antics on The Oprah Winfrey Show prompted more ridicule from fans and spectators alike.

The pregnancy appears to be a massive about-face for Holmes, who in a 2003 profile in the Sunday Mirror of London, discussed how "she went to cheerleading practice, got straight-A grades, and made a pledge that she would remain a virgin until marriage."

Reports last week said the first-time mum will be giving birth in silence, in line with the strict beliefs of Scientology.

Holmes has also recently ditched her publicist in favour of her husband-to-be's spokeswoman and sister Lee Anne Devette.

Holmes was engaged to American Pie hunk Chris Klein until January but has never married. Cruise has been married twice, firstly to Mimi Rogers and then Nicole Kidman. [/q]

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
well here is another photo. :eyebrow: She is apparently mad about these pictures because they make her look further along then she actually is. SURE!

I was thinking her belly button poking out was a weird sign, despite things with pregnancy always only being a 'general rule'.

I've got to find out when they announced this engagement. I'm sure it's a shotgun wedding.
:hmm:

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Oct. 12, 2005

Tom Cruise’s future father-in-law apparently isn’t a happy camper.

Katie Holmes’s dad is said to be “very upset” because his unmarried daughter is pregnant with Cruise’s child. And, what’s more, the devoutly Catholic Martin Holmes reportedly is none-too-thrilled about his daughter’s involvement in her husband-to-be’s controversial religion, Scientology.

“[Martin Holmes] was very upset and got into a real spat with Katie,” the forthcoming issue of Life & Style Weekly quotes “a close friend” of Cruise as saying. “Tom had promised her parents that they would do the right thing and get married before any baby came along.” After scolding his daughter, according to the mag, Martin Holmes berated Cruise by declaring “You’re no good.”

He said he and his wife were very upset by the news,” according to the source, “and demanded the pair get married quickly.”

Furthermore, a member of Christ the King Church, which the Holmes family belongs to, told L&S that Cruise and Holmes’ publicist, his sister Lee Anne DeVette, sent a letter to parishioners, asking them not to talk to reporters. Although a family friend told the mag that the Holmes family is thrilled by the news of a grandchild, they’re also concerned.

“It seemed like Katie was being controlled by Scientologists,” the friend told L&S. “Now they wonder if it’s a Rosemary’s Baby situation, where Katie is being groomed to provide Tom with a child.”

DeVette didn’t respond to The Scoop’s repeated requests for comment.

From Contact Music:

O IVF TREATMENT FOR HOLMES, SAYS AUNT

KATIE HOLMES conceived her baby with fiance TOM CRUISE without the aid of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment, according to the Hollywood beauty's aunt.

CAROL ZYDORCZYK has spoken out to deny reports pregnant Holmes received IVF treatment.

She says, "I can assure you they did it the old fashioned way."

What - was she there for the blessed conception? :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas (who has had to contend with his own rumors of bi-sexuality)

Oh, foo! ...any remotely attractive male celebrity (and some non-remotely attractive ones for that matter) gets the "gay or bi" rumors at some point in his career.

First, Mrs. Rob Thomas was bought off for an undetermined sum.

Sum? She already has access to her husbands' millions...Buying her a big, expensive bauble would be more believable.

Re: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Engaged

melon said:
Yes, you've heard it here first. Reports are that the two have become engaged today in Italy, according to Katie Holmes' father, who lives in Toledo, Ohio (roughly where I'm at). This was revealed during a conversation with the local station where I'm working and reported during the 11:00 pm newscast. Mr. Holmes reports that he's happy, as long as Katie is happy.

Since I don't see this in any other news reports, I'll be happy to issue a retraction, if necessary.

Melon

Just quoting this for the date. Interesting. They either rogered like rabbits on the first date and she is going to balloon, or they are both full of shit and this child was conceived well before he "interviewed" her for the date and subsequent engagement.

:rolleyes:

Cruise Eyeing Ohio Home?

Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to buy a $1.5 million home in his fiancee Katie Holmes' hometown of Toledo, Ohio. The Hollywood couple recently announced they're expecting their first child together, and while sources speculate over when they will wed, Toledo locals are preparing for celebrity neighbors. Dale Bruhl, who owns the nine-bedroom mansion which reportedly caught their attention, says, "The neighbors saw limousines in front of the house when (real estate agents) were showing it. I'm sure it's them. Her mother lives in the area." Cruise's representative has hit out at the reports, stating, "Everyone wants Tom to buy a house in their neighborhood, bit it's not true." But residents of Toledo are still holding out hope - a store window in the centre of town already reads, "We gift-wrap baby gifts for Tom and Katie's baby!"

from imdb.com

:ohmy: Is he going to convert everyone in that town? :|

Katie Holmes: We’re so excited. Maria Menounos: Tell me like what it’s like: You’re pregnant [and] you are marrying the man you’ve always dreamed of. Holmes: I know. Menounos: It’s such a story book. Holmes: It’s amazing. I’m so happy, it’s a dream come true. I feel great. I’m beaming and … I’m so excited. […] Menounos: Have you guys started putting wedding plans together yet? Holmes: We are. We don’t have a date just yet, but there is so much excitement going on. It’s just amazing. Menounos: It’s your first wedding. I can imagine it’s going to be the biggest wedding ever. Holmes: It’s exciting. We don’t know yet but we are thrilled. Menounos: What’s Tom saying? Holmes: He’s thrilled.

U2Girl1978 said:
Cruise Eyeing Ohio Home?

Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to buy a $1.5 million home in his fiancee Katie Holmes' hometown of Toledo, Ohio. The Hollywood couple recently announced they're expecting their first child together, and while sources speculate over when they will wed, Toledo locals are preparing for celebrity neighbors. Dale Bruhl, who owns the nine-bedroom mansion which reportedly caught their attention, says, "The neighbors saw limousines in front of the house when (real estate agents) were showing it. I'm sure it's them. Her mother lives in the area." Cruise's representative has hit out at the reports, stating, "Everyone wants Tom to buy a house in their neighborhood, bit it's not true." But residents of Toledo are still holding out hope - a store window in the centre of town already reads, "We gift-wrap baby gifts for Tom and Katie's baby!"

from imdb.com

:ohmy: Is he going to convert everyone in that town? :|

I can't imagine what is worth $1.5 million in Toledo..... (my hometown)

Back
Top Bottom