Merged ----> The Who's John Entwistle is dead + John Entwistle - RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RIP John. I too was going to see them July 26th. They cancelled Vegas, obviously, but say right now that the rest of the tour is undecided/ I was really looking forward to this one. I've loved them since I was a teenager as well, but have never seen them live.

Hewson said:
The most important thing aspect of humor young Johnny is timing. And your timing here=suck. A little respect for the dead.

:scratch: sometimes I just don't understand some people...

Anyway..yes, how very sad

1025232432.2550169625.jpg

Holy crap tell me this isn't true. Rest in peace John, I was never a big fan but rest assured certain hours of my life (and many people's lives, I suspect) were spent with the bass solo from My Generation thundering in my head.

To those who are using sarcasm for this thread:

Death is not funny. Neither are you.

Use your witty banter elsewhere, and consider this a warning.

HelloAngel said:

Hope you aren't referring to me, but I really did have that solo in my head. And I used to sing along to Kids Are Alright all the time. I'm just not a big Who fan, maybe not a fan at all (I only know a couple of songs anyway) but I respected their influence on music (despite the fact I didn't think too highly of their reunions), but it's sad when someone dies, and it's even more sad when it's someone extremely talented. This may sound cliche but I hope whereever he is John is jamming with Keith and making music, somewhere. Goodbye.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Hope you aren't referring to me, but I really did have that solo in my head. And I used to sing along to Kids Are Alright all the time. I'm just not a big Who fan, maybe not a fan at all (I only know a couple of songs anyway) but I respected their influence on music (despite the fact I didn't think too highly of their reunions), but it's sad when someone dies, and it's even more sad when it's someone extremely talented. This may sound cliche but I hope whereever he is John is jamming with Keith and making music, somewhere. Goodbye.

I don't believe it was meant for you at all, but rather a (not so funny) Johnny, who should be careful as he should be voted off the island...

yertle-the-turtle said:

Not meant for you at all.

It was meant for those who take a sarcastic and inappropriate tone with such serious matters as death. I have humor about many things, and can let many comments slide, but death is not funny, nor will it ever be.

Humor is best placed in topics where they will not be deemed offensive. I received a complaint about this thread and felt something needed to be reiterated in respect to humor and when it is appropriate; death is not an appropriate comedy zone.

From what I am reading today...Pete and Roger are devestated by the news.. Of course, they are...no doubt about it..

Look what I found on Pete's website..
They posted a response...

28 June 2002 The ox has left the building-we've lost another great friend. Thanks for your support and love. Pete and Roger

:( :(

Peace..

HelloAngel said:

Go Noodle ~ *shake

Yeah Swallow.. have some freakin respect.
Obviously you dont give a rats ass, but other people do.. and one stupid comment is more than enough. We know you dont care. Dont bring everyone else down.

Sicy said:

Yeah Swallow.. have some freakin respect.
Obviously you dont give a rats ass, but other people do.. and one stupid comment is more than enough. We know you dont care. Dont bring everyone else down.

COME ON EVERYONE, LETS PUT TEH 'FUN' BACK IN FUNERAL!!!11!

I'm as big of a Who fan as anyone here. But it's not like it's any big surprise that he died. He was getting old, he was in a rock band for 35+ years, it makes me happy that he made it this long. Sitting here and pretending to be mournful for a man I didn't know or writing 'RIP John' in cyberspace is not going to make me a better person.

Johnny Swallow said:

COME ON EVERYONE, LETS PUT TEH 'FUN' BACK IN FUNERAL!!!11!

Having attended my father's funeral only 3 months ago, I don't recall anything "fun" about it. Tell me what kind of fun I was supposed to be having? Seeing a 54 year old man laying in a coffin? My stepmom wailing in grief?

And you say that at 57, John E. was old and we should have expected his death? WTF??? My husband is 51..does that mean I should start planning his funeral now? You are acting like a complete asshole and obviously no one is finding any of your attempts at humor amusing.

No one asked you to give your condolences or pretend you're sad...so why did you even reply to this thread?

I hope you like hot weather Johnny.

I hear its nice in hell this time of year.

Bono's American Wife said:

Having attended my father's funeral only 3 months ago, I don't recall anything "fun" about it. Tell me what kind of fun I was supposed to be having? Seeing a 54 year old man laying in a coffin? My stepmom wailing in grief?

And you say that at 57, John E. was old and we should have expected his death? WTF??? My husband is 51..does that mean I should start planning his funeral now? You are acting like a complete asshole and obviously no one is finding any of your attempts at humor amusing.

No one asked you to give your condolences or pretend you're sad...so why did you even reply to this thread?

Remember to take everything I say literally. I am a complete asshole and my opinions are invalid.

Johnny Swallow said:

Remember to take everything I say literally. I am a complete asshole and my opinions are invalid.

Just save your humor for a lighter topic Swallow.

Everyone else, sorry for the rant and hopefuly this thread can go back to its orginal topic.

cant say i knew him or even heard OF him.

in that picture with the three members, which one is he?

This was very sad news. I have been a Who fan since I was a little kid and my big brother bought I Can See For Miles. I remember him and his friends analyzing Tommy when it was new. The Who were a big teenage obsession for me and I followed them and had a huge collection. I saw Tommy and The Kids Are Alright at the movies many times. Didn't care much for the Quadrophenia movie but the album is good. I remember driving under an interstate overpass and the radio fading out as it was telling the story of how Keith Moon died. I saw them on the same tour where the kids in Cincinnati got crushed to death but not that show. Just the other day I found a new Who ultimate collection CD and the old thrill went through me again. I have been on a big Who binge and now this happens. :(

RIP Ox...you'll be missed greatly within my family. Say hi to Keith for me...

Back
Top Bottom