MERGED --> The Temple Bar – It’s All About Flow…HUH? UYMFA! + Useless Banter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had 3 different roommates, on 4 occasions (1 roommate 2x, NYC and LA).

The experiences ranged from awesome, to nightmarish, with one somewhere in-between.

I've lived with roommates a few times - varying experiences and my first experience having the whole tough conversations piece. I'm a much better person and people manager because of it. you take the lessons when they present themselves.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

the rockin edge said:

women confuse/render useless the logical side of my brain i think. that makes it hard to make important decisions.

such as and how?

snowbunny00774 said:
I've lived with roommates a few times - varying experiences and my first experience having the whole tough conversations piece. I'm a much better person and people manager because of it. you take the lessons when they present themselves.

I actually was never more depressed and down on myself than when I had the nightmare roommate. I put and end to it post-haste, but was so stunned that I made a bad choice like that....I'm a jack-ass, as you know damned well, but, when it comes to choosing friends.....teachers for classes....hiring people....I have really sound instincts, luckily....so, to have chosen someone I grew to hate, badly, quickly, was a double issue for me....not sure if I took much away from it all, but, when it was over, it was true bliss.

No spoken words said:

I actually was never more depressed and down on myself than when I had the nightmare roommate. I put and end to it post-haste, but was so stunned that I made a bad choice like that....I'm a jack-ass, as you know damned well, but, when it comes to choosing friends.....teachers for classes....hiring people....I have really sound instincts, luckily....so, to have chosen someone I grew to hate, badly, quickly, was a double issue for me....not sure if I took much away from it all, but, when it was over, it was true bliss.

you really got nothing from it? I'm pretty sound and made one bad choice but even from the good ones I learned how to coach and manage people.

snowbunny00774 said:

you really got nothing from it? I'm pretty sound and made one bad choice but even from the good ones I learned how to coach and manage people.

I've been managing people since I was 16. The roommate incident happened 15 years after that. I took away little.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

snowbunny00774 said:

such as and how?

when someone asks you to move in as a roomate with them ( and 2 other people in a house. college town...) and you like said person. it is difficult to make a rational logical decision in regard to the effect on finances and other future plans.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

the rockin edge said:

when someone asks you to move in as a roomate with them ( and 2 other people in a house. college town...) and you like said person. it is difficult to make a rational logical decision in regard to the effect on finances and other future plans.

how timely:)

how long do they want you to stay? when are you leaving for europe? are things such at home that you have to move out and spend the money? (not that i'd advise staying at home to save money, however, if you are saving for europe, then yeah, the ends justify).

No spoken words said:

I've been managing people since I was 16. The roommate incident happened 15 years after that. I took away little.

lol, me too, however, I still learn a lot from every interaction. I admire your confidence :)

snowbunny00774 said:

lol, me too, however, I still learn a lot from every interaction. I admire your confidence :)

I've learned tons, from typical sources, and some atypical sources....I'm not the same manager now that I was 5 years ago, let alone 16....I try to take lessons away from all sorts of things....but this incident was pretty horrid, and, just something I consider anomalous.

I do have confidence in my managerial skills, though, sure, and you have confidence in yours....but having confidence in a skill and trying to further hone that skill are not mutually exclusive.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

snowbunny00774 said:

how timely:)

how long do they want you to stay? when are you leaving for europe? are things such at home that you have to move out and spend the money? (not that i'd advise staying at home to save money, however, if you are saving for europe, then yeah, the ends justify).

how is it timely?

if it wouldve been timely they wouldve asked me a year ago and i wouldve said yes without hesitation dammit.

for the spring semester into the summer, about 6 months. and im leaving in july/august. no i don't have to move out, it was fully within my plans to continue living here until after my trip.

but then of course ive been told i could make more money then im making now if i lived in that town, probably true too...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

the rockin edge said:

like women messing with your brain?

Ha, I was just fucking with you. But, yes, that never changes either.

Sorry you're having issues of this nature, Tre.

I'm not saying that they are mutually exclusive. Just that that kind of interaction must have some kind of lesson about the fickleness of humanity.

tre, never mind, if it's not timely for you then it's never timely.

why would you move in there?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Committing Career Suicide Here....

No spoken words said:

Ha, I was just fucking with you. But, yes, that never changes either.

:inquiringsquint: do tell.

Back
Top Bottom