MERGED --> The Temple Bar – It’s All About Flow…HUH? UYMFA! + Useless Banter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Hope your friends can get there tonight, Snow...the warnings are calling this storm "potentially crippling." :yikes:

ouch. they're just around the corner (sort of) so walking distance, hopefully they'll make it. P hasn't left her house any of the weekends she's been home so she needs to get out. That's why we said my house, it'll be like they're staying home, just not in their house. if that makes sense.

is your shoveller home? :cute:

That's great Mia, think you'll have any trouble getting a 4th?

to all you suckers who think you're having a great weekend - I hate to break it you but you haven't lived till you've spent an afternoon sifting through a vacuum bag looking for the missing keys from your laptop.....and the cleanup? faaaaaaantastic. :smug:

snowbunny00774 said:
to all you suckers who think you're having a great weekend - I hate to break it you but you haven't lived till you've spent an afternoon sifting through a vacuum bag looking for the missing keys from your laptop.....and the cleanup? faaaaaaantastic. :smug:

QFT

snowbunny00774 said:

ouch. they're just around the corner (sort of) so walking distance, hopefully they'll make it. P hasn't left her house any of the weekends she's been home so she needs to get out. That's why we said my house, it'll be like they're staying home, just not in their house. if that makes sense.

is your shoveller home? :cute:

Oh, I'm sure she'll be fine then, I was thinking she had to come from out of town. In that case, sounds like an awesome way to spend a stormy evening. :drool:

Yeah, she's home now for a few days, then back for a few, and she finishes her exams Thurs, then back home for the holidays. It'll be nice to have her here for more than 3 days. :)

On the way home I mentioned the snow shovelling thing, and she claims she "forgot" her boots at school. She can damn well shove her freakishly large feet into my little boots then, and shovel anyway. :cute: :notanacceptableexcusebutnicetry:

I just took a fantastic walk through parts of Lincoln Park, and around the big pond, through and in the snow.

It was really nice. The novelty might wear off quickly, but for now, am really enjoying winter weather a lot more than anticipated.

No spoken words said:
I just took a fantastic walk through parts of Lincoln Park, and around the big pond, through and in the snow.

It was really nice. The novelty might wear off quickly, but for now, am really enjoying winter weather a lot more than anticipated.

We were reminiscing about Chicago last night, looked at areas we were in on Google satellite (like a couple of dorks, pointing and squealing and saying "we were right in that spot!"), and planned restaurants we want to go to on our next visit. We're thinking perhaps next summer.

VintagePunk said:

We were reminiscing about Chicago last night, looked at areas we were in on Google satellite (like a couple of dorks, pointing and squealing and saying "we were right in that spot!"), and planned restaurants we want to go to on our next visit. We're thinking perhaps next summer.

Well, if you do visit, please let me know when, as I'd love to meet you guys, if you were open to that.

I'll be making a lot of big and little trips over the summer, as our Network will be fairly slow during that time, but would make sure I was in town if you guys came here.

Google satellite is mesmerizing. I was staring at my own apartment building for like 10 minutes last week, while at work. I kept thinking "I live there....wow". Dorkdom is where I live.

No spoken words said:

I love that stuff. I guess since I don't get to do that very often, it sounds great. *sigh*

No spoken words said:

Well, if you do visit, please let me know when, as I'd love to meet you guys, if you were open to that.

I'll be making a lot of big and little trips over the summer, as our Network will be fairly slow during that time, but would make sure I was in town if you guys came here.

Google satellite is mesmerizing. I was staring at my own apartment building for like 10 minutes last week, while at work. I kept thinking "I live there....wow". Dorkdom is where I live.

I'll definitely let you know! At this point though, it's very tentative. More like "it would be really cool if we could..."

What prompted this was watching Rachel Ray's show where she travels to restaurants across the US. One of the ones in Chi-town she went to was Rose Angelis, and it looked amazing. I still think of your statement that it's a mecca for the portly, and laugh. :)

We also looked at our house, and could clearly see our next door neighbour's car in the driveway, because it's white. That amused us to no end. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I'll definitely let you know! At this point though, it's very tentative. More like "it would be really cool if we could..."

What prompted this was watching Rachel Ray's show where she travels to restaurants across the US. One of the ones in Chi-town she went to was Rose Angelis, and it looked amazing. I still think of your statement that it's a mecca for the portly, and laugh. :)

We also looked at our house, and could clearly see our next door neighbour's car in the driveway, because it's white. That amused us to no end. :lol:

Well, if it becomes a reality, do let me know.

Having lived in LA for 10 years, it was a relief to move to a city where there a lot more people with my physical build. :)

snowbunny00774 said:

So far, yes. We've already gone through 2 potential 4ths, they commit then chicken out, and we don't hear from them again. Kinda sucks because that means the house is still on the market, and the realtor said that whoever writes the first check wins. So...we have to wait.

sidenote: I know you're working on your christmas cards, and I want to tell you that you are NOT ALLOWED to draw any sort of conclusion from the name of my city and how it shares the name of another city in a certain country. :angry:

Lots of adults get shitty. It's an adult thing to do. Then you can tell the kids how they can't do what you're dong cause they're just kids, and you're an adult. It'll give them something to look forward to.

Yeah...you know, I went and cracked open a beer...sure it's a Light Beer, but it's alcohol nonetheless...:up:

I think I just needed some prodding...thanks Beav...:hi5:

Hey, did you see "Heavy: The Story of Metal" on Classic VH1 today...:rockon:

Now drink like 7 more and then you can begin lecturing the kids. Sweet.

I did not see it, but I think I have seen parts of it in the past. Is there an episode or a section on Hair Metal? Also at some point they mention that little German guy - Balls to the Walls....Udo, is it?

Evening, Bar.

If I was premium, this message would have been posted fifteen seconds earlier.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Ah...you know what I like...drinking American beer all day without getting so :drunk: I can't watch my kid and his little buddy...:up:

bugeyed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom