MERGED --> The Temple Bar – It’s All About Flow…HUH? UYMFA! + Useless Banter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lynnok said:

I was in business class and one of the first to board. Footlocker man came on right behind me. And yes, I got a handwritten tag which probably said Orlando in unreadable penmanship. It was my only carry on. I just can't win when I travel. something always goes wrong.

I wonder why they took your bag. That is crappy.

Yes...hand-written tags are the devil. They rip off toooo easily, city codes and flight numbers are often wrongly recorded and hand-writing of your average $8 an hour agent trying to keep their job by getting a flight out on time is hardly legible.

That sucks.

My agents can be evil(yet appreciated): they will wait for the guy carrying his foot locker with him to board and tell him he has to planeside check it FOR A FEE - or he will not travel! It is actually policy (third checked bag is like $150).

Pay the fee or you're not going.

Here is work. It is our last night of audit and I said I would stay till midnight. why why why why why why do I do this shit?
I wanna go home now!!!!

I am just going to post in here in hopes that it will be ignored...that's what posting in these threads is about, right?

So, on Saturdays in the fall, I have unbelievable access to a specific professional athletic team that travels out of town for events on Sundays.

I bust my ass to make sure everything runs smoothly, and have made it known to the company rep that gets to travel with this organization that I want to join them for a trip. Tomorrow was supposed to be that trip.

Well, he has found every friggin excuse in the book to put me off. I am beyond pissed. I feel that these opportunities might not be available in the future.

So. Yeah. Thanks for ignoring my whining. Maybe next year? Yeah. Because I am thinking the playoffs will not be an option (if they get to a road game, I doubt I would be allowed to go - especially knowing where the game would be).

And the weather here tomorrow is going to suck donkey ass.

zonelistener said:
I am just going to post in here in hopes that it will be ignored...that's what posting in these threads is about, right?

So, on Saturdays in the fall, I have unbelievable access to a specific professional athletic team that travels out of town for events on Sundays.

I bust my ass to make sure everything runs smoothly, and have made it known to the company rep that gets to travel with this organization that I want to join them for a trip. Tomorrow was supposed to be that trip.

Well, he has found every friggin excuse in the book to put me off. I am beyond pissed. I feel that these opportunities might not be available in the future.

So. Yeah. Thanks for ignoring my whining. Maybe next year? Yeah. Because I am thinking the playoffs will not be an option (if they get to a road game, I doubt I would be allowed to go - especially knowing where the game would be).

Yeah, that's basically what we do in these threads...you're much obliged...:yes:

snowbunny00774 said:
Here is work. It is our last night of audit and I said I would stay till midnight. why why why why why why do I do this shit?
I wanna go home now!!!!

Because you're a dedicated employee and you understand the value of hard work, despite its impact on your personal life. Just limit nights like this, ok?

:hug:

snowbunny00774 said:
I wanna go home now!!!!

Tell them it's midnight somewhere, like Paris or something. Then, leave. Problem solved!

:D

zonelistener said:

That sucks.

Whatever advice Beav gives, ignore that, of course.

Then, remind yourself that you do the job because it's your job, and the perks are just a bonus. You get to do a lot of flying for cheap or free, yes? That's your payoff...ths stuff with the Horse is just gravy and coincidence....if it pays off bigger down the road, fantastic...if not, well, at least you have great photos of them disembarking last year. :)

No spoken words said:

That sucks.

Whatever advice Beav gives, ignore that, of course.

Then, remind yourself that you do the job because it's your job, and the perks are just a bonus. You get to do a lot of flying for cheap or free, yes? That's your payoff...ths stuff with the Horse is just gravy and coincidence....if it pays off bigger down the road, fantastic...if not, well, at least you have great photos of them disembarking last year. :)

This, as always, is outstanding advice! It is gravy...I am just bumming because the potatoes would taste better with gravy. :wink:

I am working towards my own college team next year...unless we sign another pro team. But then there is all that merger talk.

Fucking gravy-less potatoes.

It's different from here. I don't have the benefit of thinking my hilarious thoughts out in print, so sometimes my jokes fall flat. Only on occassion, though, guys. I don't make it a habit.

Then again, real life does also have some benefits, in, uh, real people. So ... there's that.

Yeah, those teenagers are a bitch. What they doing this time to drag you down?

Back
Top Bottom