MERGED --> The Stones and the Garden + The Rolling Stones on HBO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
The Stones and the Garden

The Stones kicked ass last night at Madison Square Garden.

Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie showed everyone why they are the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time!

Oh, and Sheryl Crow looked incredible!
:drool:

:hyper: SHERYL -- I love her, I want to be her :hyper: :drool: I DIED. I already had had a sense that she was gonna be there bc I was lookin at her website earlier yesterday and it was like WATCH THE ROLLING STONES CONCERT OR ELSE and I'm like :hmmm:...

OK anyway.....my brother and I kept laughing at Mick's dancing...and the Ron-Cam. :D And the Rolling Stones line-up has always confused me. I thought Ron Wood and Keith were geetarists at different times or something....and where's the bass player? Something tells me the guy playing on the concert last nite didn't come with the package.

The crowd went wild...I didn't get to see the whole thing, but I caught "Angie," one of my fav songs. DID THEY DO "BEAST OF BURDEN?" It's my fav Stones song. :tongue:

MonaVox said:
and where's the bass player?

The crowd went wild...I didn't get to see the whole thing, but I caught "Angie," one of my fav songs. DID THEY DO "BEAST OF BURDEN?" It's my fav Stones song. :tongue:

the original bass player bill wyman no longer plays with the band.

no, the didn't do beast of burden:mad: .

here's the setlist:

Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Angie
Let It Bleed
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Thru And Thru (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Gimme Shelter
You Got Me Rocking
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women (with Sheryl Crow)
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock'n Roll (B-stage)
When The Whip Comes Down (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Sympathy For The Devil (encore)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

The concert rocked-my mom, dad, and I were all watching it (my sister came out and watched the last few minutes of it, she's like, "I want Mick's shirt, that's a cool shirt!").

And at the beginning, before the concert started, HBO had their ratings things, and there was that one that said "brief nudity" and my family's like, "I hope it's none of the guys they're referring to with that", LOL.

MonaVox said:
:hyper: SHERYL -- I love her, I want to be her :hyper: :drool: I DIED. I already had had a sense that she was gonna be there bc I was lookin at her website earlier yesterday and it was like WATCH THE ROLLING STONES CONCERT OR ELSE and I'm like :hmmm:...

Yeah...Mick was getting rather flirty with her on stage, wasn't he?

That performance was really cool.

Originally posted by MonaVox
OK anyway.....my brother and I kept laughing at Mick's dancing...

Haha, so did I! That guy can't dance to save his life-my dad's like, "He's signing for the hearing impaired". :p.

Originally posted by MonaVox

Did not do "Beast Of Burden", no (I :heart: "Beast Of Burden").

Liked hearing "Angie", that's a great song, too.

Angela

FYI~

Check TV Guide's web site and do a search for Rolling Stones. It's going to be reaired throughout the month.

We watched it on Saturday but ran out of tape, so we are going to tape it when it's reaired!

Actually, one of the re-airings just finished...looks like we've got this one taped. I wanna watch it all to make sure it is good though.

:scream: :scream: I wanted to see Sheryl again and turned it on tonight just as Satisfaction was starting.....right after Honky Tonk Woman :scream: :cry:

Mona, if you don't catch the a repeat and provided our tape is fine, I can copy it for you, no problem. :)

The Rolling Stones HBO concert

...last night was a good example of what we don't want to happen to U2.

They looked good, they sounded okay...but the performance was completely devoid of anything resembling passion. They seemed bored with themselves and the music, just going through the motions. Gotta hand it to Sir Mick, though, who at 58 has more energy than I did at 28!

I grew up with the Stones of the 60s and 40 years is a long time for any band to sustain the magic and I think the Stones have done as well--probably better--than most could. Maybe some of you hard core fans had a different impression of the show. Anyone else catch it (on HBO or live)?

Okay, I am a retard. There's already a thread on this...I thought last night was the HBO premiere. :huh:

Merge away.

I watched it on HBO, and I was highly impressed. Tons of energy, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves...well...except it's always hard to tell whether or not Charlie is enjoying himself...:D

Bonochick said:
I watched it on HBO, and I was highly impressed. Tons of energy, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves...well...except it's always hard to tell whether or not Charlie is enjoying himself...:D

:lol: what is it with drummers? Charlie and Larry...who can tell what's going on with them?

I'm glad you liked the show, BC. Did you see the Gimme Shelter DVD yet?

They all look really great--they seemed to age quickly and then froze at that age. They've looked exactly the same for like 20 years!

Back
Top Bottom