MERGED --> The Snow thread + I live under a blizzard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
The Snow thread

So whats the prediction for snow in your area?

Ive got NFC Championship Game tix on Sun in Philly, should be fun after getting through the probability of 12-24 inches of snow expected on Sat-Sun. :wink:

I don't know if this is the right forum for this post, unless we're talking about U2's lyrics regarding snow or football and its effects on one's spirituality! :lol:

Sicy said:
I never see snow. Ever. :slant:

send me a cooler. i'll mail you back some. we're supposed to get PLENTY :crack:

and i'm supposed to be working outside all day on sunday :grumpy:

i don't know about angel, but i might be able to send you the body print from when i fell off the snow-skateboard thing one of my supervisors at work had me try out.

i work dorm security, so i sit at a desk and check people's ID cards, and sign in their guests for them. since hardly anyone is moved back onto campus, everyone was insanely bored last night. so one of the supervisors brought along her sister who had this thing called a snow deck. they told me to take a break from sitting at the desk, walk up the hill and try to surf/skate/board down the hill on this thing.

i've never surfed and i've never snowboarded, and i certainly haven't skateboarded recently (and i never could do that well anyway)...

i've got a nice big bruise on my knee...everything was going well until i hit a bumpy patch of ice and fell face-first...hence the snow body print.

we're supposed to get somewhere from 6-18 inches by mid-morning on sunday

looks good so far:
radar.jpg

Last edited:
I'm south of you Stars (east of Cincy and Dayton), and we're getting freezing rain now (oh joy...I just love freezing rain. :mad: Probably have power out -- but this time I'm ready!) and then snow. Not as much snow as Columbus I don't think, but still crappy.

And no one here has a clue how to deal with the stuff either....

You want to see some snow? I've just taken this pic

woody002.jpg

Quite enough of it here in Finland. Btw, there's nothing wrong with the pic even if it looks rather blue - it's the so called "blue moment" we have in winter just before it gets dark!

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
After this winter, I loathe snow. :mad:

Tell me about it! My second job is shovelling snow from 3:00 am to whenever we finish our route. Why do I do it? $18 bucks an hour and student loans to pay.

Grand Rapids, MI is supposed to get 6-12 inches. But last night we got a foot and it's still snowing. And it's supposed to snow until 6:00 pm Saturday. It's 9:00 am! GAH! So I'll be out again tonight. :rant: :censored: :censored:

I don't mind the snow this year. Since I lost my job, I don't have to drive in it. It's quite pretty watching the snow fall while you are inside nice and warm in front of a fireplace... :)

Still have to shovel it though. That part I can do without!

Now it appears that the bulk of the snow has moved north of us, so we aren't supposed to get all that much now...maybe only an inch! woohoo!!!

Still have a glaze from the freezing rain which fell earlier though.

we had a blizzard warning on monday, everything was shut down. got a foot of snow. we had another storm thursday, everything shut down at noon, another foot of snow. forecast for sunday: blizzard warning, high winds and yet another foot of snow on top of all of that.

we had no snow on the ground last saturday. :mad:

i'm ready for spring now, thanks.

well the meterologists have gotten it wrong the last 2 snows this past week so they don't have a clue what's going to happen today. they've said a little ice and lots of snow, or lots of ice and a little snow, all ice and no snow, and just a little ice with a little snow. basically they don't know.

I shoveled about 10 inches this morning. And it is still snowing! Snow sucks at the moment.

Re: The Snow thread

bonosleftone said:
So whats the prediction for snow in your area?

Ive got NFC Championship Game tix on Sun in Philly, should be fun after getting through the probability of 12-24 inches of snow expected on Sat-Sun. :wink:

ive got seasom tix and will be down there, should be a blast!

were supposed to get 12-18 inches.

Last edited:
I was Minnesnowta yesterday, and got cancelled off of a flight due to the weather.

I flew to Detroit...and all the flights home (to PA) were cancelled today (OK...insider info: I made sure they were cancelling all the flights, except the ones I was one...and that one cancelled too :( ).

When I get back to PA, it will take a while for me to dig my car out!

STORMCHASER 2005

We're supposed to get over 2 feet here on Cape Cod with possible hurricane force winds. Should be fun. We're waiting for it to start in about an hour.

Long Island is supposed to get anywhere from 14 to 24 inches (TWO FEET!!!). The 2-feet prediction is about 1-1/2 hours from my house, though.
I was working at the local library, and got to go home 3 hours early. But it was crazy busy for 5 hours, with people taking out DVDs and videos. We had almost 1350 patrons in just 5 hours, which is a lot for us!
Now I'm sitting snug in my apartment, wondering what I'm going to make for dinner...:hmm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom