MERGED --> The Pixies (any d/l suggestions?) + The Pixies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
The Pixies (any d/l suggestions?)

tell me what songs to start downloading, I only know a couple, for some reason I was never properly introduced to them, but I hear they are great and I would love them; or just tell me if they suck and I'd be wasting my time

I :heart: the pixies...

but I don't dl music cuz I have an extremely slow dial up modem :|

ive heard one of their songs once.

i hear they were huge influences on radiohead and nirvana.

if you're just wanting to know what songs to download, I can tell you that I have 2 of their albums...Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde which are both excellent :up:

Songs from Bossanova:

Rock Music
Velouria
Allison
Is She Weird
Ana
All Over The World
Dig For Fire
Down To The Well
The Happening
Blown Away
Hang Wire
Havalina

Songs from Tromp Le Monde:

Trompe Le Monde
Planet Of Sound
Alec Eiffel
The Sad Punk
Head On
U-Mass
Palace Of The Brine
Letter To Memphis
Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons
Space (I Believe In)
Subbacultcha
Distance Equals Rate Times Time
Lovely Day
Motorway To Roswell
The Navajo Know

pfft...now I wanna go listen to the Pixies, but I have to go to bed soon :|

I LOVE "Debaser" (about a short film by Salvador Dali :heart: ). Also, "Wave of Multilation" is good, "Here Comes Your Man," "Monkey Gone To Heaven," "La La Love You".... the whole Doolittle album is a pretty safe bet.

if you like "where is my mind" then first go for their stuff from their Surfer Rosa album:
Bone Machine
Break My Body
Gigantic
River Euphrates
Vamos
I'm Amazed
Caribou

Bossanova is my fav Pixies album

meegannie said:
I LOVE "Debaser" (about a short film by Salvador Dali :heart: ). Also, "Wave of Multilation" is good, "Here Comes Your Man," "Monkey Gone To Heaven," "La La Love You".... the whole Doolittle album is a pretty safe bet.

Agreed. Wanderer, just dnld this entire album

meegannie said:

my suggestions exactly. dolittle rocks.

*digs up the lone pixies thread he can find even though its in the wrong forum

Move it if you wish

Doolittle is the shit :up:

I think I'll be buying Surfer Rosa one of these days too.

Still listening to them old boy? :sexywink:

That's from Monkey gone to heaven, yertle...
I was just about to start a pixies thread to see if anybody else here liked them...good to see there are :)
EVERY song on Doolittle is wild. Right now my fave song is Hey, I will never get tired of that album.

A pseudo-ex-boyfriend of mine once lent me all of his Pixies tapes and I still have them. Everything's great, but here are my personal favorites:

Head On
Wave of Mutilation
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Alec Eiffel
UMass
Palace of the Brine

Guess I'm more a fan of Trompe Le Monde than Doolittle. Still, they're such a rockin' band, all their stuff is worth a few listens.

The Pixies

What can you tell me about them? I love Where Is My Mind? Off Fight Club.. any other ace tunes I should be sure to check out?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Thanks, wife. :wink:

:applaud: WIFE! :applaud:

mmm...pixies :drool:

one time i was in high school and this guy really really liked me and gave me a mixed tape of pixies stuff. i made a tshirt of it.

i've since lost both. :|

Back
Top Bottom