MERGED ----> The Official Live 8 Thread + LineUp for Live 8 + Live 8...suck or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Official 'LIVE 8' Thread...

Live 8. Supposedly July 2nd.

Are you going?
Who are you hoping is going to be there?
Are you going to watch on it Telly?
Whatever else you may think?

Discuss.

I will watch it on the telly and i hope the Spice girls :yikes: will stay away !!!!!

Id love to go, but cash must be spent on things closer to my heart right now!

I'll watch it on TV and buy the DVD when that's released.

I hope U2 do more than just 'Sgt Peppers' and 'One' which is being reported at the moment...

You are not hoping for a U2 / Spicegirls :yikes: "Wannabe" duet, are you ?? :wink:

:lol:

Or "2 become 1" with Popmart Edge caressing Baby spice.

Bob Geldof will be making an announcement at a press conference in about 20 mins. Going to cap it off BBC News 24 :)

sweet.

Nick Mason said a while ago Pink Floyd would re-unite for something like a Live Aid style concert...something meaningful or whatever he said...Anyone else hoping like hell?!

[q]Five New Live Aid Shows Announced

15 minutes ago

LONDON - Circus Maximus in Rome, London's Hyde Park and the Eiffel Tower in Paris are among the venues for Live 8, a series of concerts being organized by
Bob Geldof, the driving force behind the Band Aid and Live Aid campaigns for African famine relief.

The July 2 concerts, which will be free, also will be held at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and in Philadelphia, organizers said Tuesday.

Performers include Coldplay,
Madonna,
Paul McCartney,
R.E.M. and U2 in London; Will Smith, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Stevie Wonder and P. Diddy in Philadelphia; Crosby, Stills and Nash, Lauren Hill and Brian Wilson in Berlin; Jamiroquai, Youssou N'Dour, Yannick Noah and Placebo in Paris; and Duran Duran in Rome.

The events are aimed at raising awareness of poverty in developing countries just days before G8 leaders meet in Britain. Organizers didn't immediately announce which artists would perform at the concerts or where the concert in Philadelphia would take place.

They said there were plans for concerts in other cities in G8 countries, but didn't give further details. Japan, Canada and Russia are the three other nations in the G8.[/q]

U2 definitely confirmed for Hyde Park.

Not sure if Bono did speak or has spoken at the conference. It's still going on but I can't get the interactive feed on Sky News to work which is showing it. I got most of it but not Bono. When Bob did get round to speaking to him, after the other host country organisers, the line to Bono had been lost :( :lol:

I've got the bulk of the conference. Mainly from News 24, then ITN News, and then on Sky News :up:

When they weren't showing it live, Sky News showed the following newsflash...

"Bob Geldof says Spice Girls would be welcome in London" should they decide to reform! :no: :scream:

:D

LineUp for Live 8

From NME:

BOB GELDOF has officially revealed plans for LIVE 8.

The gigs, on July 2, will take place in Hyde Park in London, as well as shows in Philadelphia, Berlin, Rome and Paris.

Tickets for the London show will be free, but only available to people who win a text lottery, which takes place on June 6.

Artists already confirmed include U2, Razorlight , Muse,Scissor Sisters, Robbie Williams, Madonna, Elton John, Coldplay, REM, Dido, Paul McCartney and Keane.

There have also been mutterings of a Spice Girls reunion, currently unconfirmed.

In Philadelphia, confirmed acts include Will Smith, Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z and Brian Wilson.

The confirmed line-up so far runs:

London
Coldplay
The Killers
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
The Cure
Mariah Carey
Dido
Keane
Snow Patrol
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Paul McCartney
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
U2
Joss Stone
Stereophonics
REM
Scissor Sisters
Muse
Robbie Williams

Philadelphia
Will Smith
Bon Jovi
The Dave Matthews Band
Stevie Wonder
Jay-Z
Puff Daddy
Il Divo
Maroon 5
Rob Thomas
Keith Urban
50 Cent
Kaiser Chiefs

Rome
Faith Hill
Tim McGraw
Duran Duran
Jovan Otti
Nek
Laura Pausini
Vasco Rossi
Zucchero

Berlin
A-Ha
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Lauryn Hill
Brian Wilson
Bap
Die Toten Hosen
Peter Maffay

Paris
Jamiroquai
Placebo
Youssou N'Dour
Andrea Docelli
Craig David
Calo Gero
Kyo
Yannick Noah
Axelle Red
Johnny Halliday

Where is Bowie? The Rolling Stones? Bruce Springsteen? I like the setlist but some names are missing.

I Love Sir Bob Geldof

Oh my word!!!! 2 hours ago my life now seems alot more worthwhile! Watched the whole press conference on the news channels for 'Live 8'. Absolutely estatic!! Can't believe all these amazing people are going to be on stage at the same time. I am now praying I get the chance to go.

U2, Madonna, Annie Lennox, Elton John, Coldplay, The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Paul McCartney, Keane to name but a few. BLOODY HELL. How exciting is this!

The plan to get tickets is they are going to release a multiple choice question on June 6th to try and win tickets.It will be broadcasted on all national radio channels, television and newspapers. It will through texts at a steep £1.50 each and you can answer it as many times as you want. They then text you back later on saying if you have won and direct you to the website to confirm your winnings. You would get a pair of tickets. I'm gonna be using every phone I can get my hands on! Very slim chance to get them but worth it. The money will be donated to the charity.

If I don't get tickets, I will travel up to Edinburgh to join the demonstrations so I am still contributing.

WOW can't believe it!! So friggin' amazing. What Bob Geldof, Midge Ure, Richard Curtis and co are fighting for means alot for me and one day hope to go to Africa and help in some way.

The conference was hilarious F-words left right and centre from wee Bob. Taking the p*ss out of Bono as they were trying to get him on the phone but the link was lost. On the screens beside the table Bonos face kept appearing when meant to be talking to some guy in America. Lol "oh look Bono has become the Mayor".

Did anyone else catch it? It is still on BBCi on loop. I like how Elton John was just stuck on the end.

P.s Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where it fits.

I can see how U2 can get to Vienna in time as opening act but how will The Killers manage it?! And how are the Kaiser Chiefs planning on getting to between Philadelphia and Vienna?!

It would be much easier if the Kaisers played in Berlin. Do you think they've even realised they've double booked themselves?

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Where is Bowie? The Rolling Stones? Bruce Springsteen? I like the setlist but some names are missing.

i heard springsteen may play philly. a lot of rumors right now. they said they are overwhelmed with the response from so many bands.
this sounds awesome, i would love to see this right here in philly.

Back
Top Bottom