MERGED ----> The Official Live 8 Thread + LineUp for Live 8 + Live 8...suck or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That Philadelphia show lineup is.....yikes. Lets just say I wont be making a road trip for that.

I should have the video up shortly :up:

The most certain of information came out of the press conference itself, from Bob's mouth and the person on his right having responsibility for the event as a whole, rather than anything the news broadcasters said subsequently :rolleyes:

Last edited:
im booking a flight, without a doubt, as soon as i find out if i get a ticket though, At least the lottery gives you 3 and a bit weeks,

Oh and doesnt it feel great to be english, our line up is fantastic.

Last edited:
to go to philly or not? - cannot get to London
:grumpy: but that might be for the best - if I saw that line up I might faint or worse:wink:
Hopefully MTV/VH1 will redeem itself and show this live like they did for the original
the press conference that was supposed to be on CNN has been pushed back as the American media basically has an orgasm since the identity of deep throat has been revealed

nurse chrissi said:
to go to philly or not? - cannot get to London
:grumpy: but that might be for the best - if I saw that line up I might faint or worse:wink:
Hopefully MTV/VH1 will redeem itself and show this live like they did for the original
the press conference that was supposed to be on CNN has been pushed back as the American media basically has an orgasm since the identity of deep throat has been revealed

Who was Deep Throat?

Live8... suck or not?

Will Live8 be cool like the original Live Aid?

Or will it be lame and suckful like Bono's NetAid disaster?

Vote or die!!!

2169a.jpg

*edited

BAHHH forget it... i tried to post a poll twice and i screwed up both times. i suck :madspit:

if a mod could make a poll... hehe... poll... i would be much appreciativieivievie.

Last edited:
If you'd like to see Queen + Paul Rodgers at Live 8, please sign this petition. It's not that they don't want to be there, it's that they don't think it's possible as they have a show in Lisbon that evening. U2, by playing in Vienna, have proved it IS possible.

http://www.petitiononline.com/qlive8/petition.html

it'll achieve its aim, which is to create a lot of news stations reporting things with the line 'designed to help raise awareness about the G8 Gleneagle summit'.

The name does, indeed, suck. But it would make more sense if they could just add another couple of shows to make it 8! Maybe one in each of the participating countries so they'd be listed and create more attention in each of those countries.

Live 8, as a name, RULES

it's catchy and goes exactly to the point of presuring the G8 for to help Africa

NetAid... :|

You can now watch the press conference online.....

http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/

It's an hour and 5 mins long. I just kept flicking between BBC News 24, ITN News and Sky News because they kept cutting away from it. The bulk of the important stuff is the frist 38 mins from News 24 :) Later, the news reader talks over the question asked as to whether the Spice Girls would be welcome if they reformed but you should still be able to hear it in the background.

I missed the separate interviews with Richard Curtis and Bob Geldof but they pretty much said the same things as they did in the conference.

:)

London line-up is the best, by far.

Anyone else other than U2 and Paul McCartney fom the first Live Aid?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
London line-up is the best, by far.

Anyone else other than U2 and Paul McCartney fom the first Live Aid?

Was Sting at the first one? Also Elton John will be there and I hope David Bowie will be signed up soon. And of coruse QUEEN would be nice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom