MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsforu2 said:

** Strolls in, pops behind the bar, points at temple, points at Tara and says **

Let me read your mind, Vodka right? Coming up....

** Pours it straight **

This will put hairs on your chest... wait, that's not good :reject:

:lmao:
I dont want a hairy chest but a vodka would be perfect.
come here and gimme some sugar with it mr bartender

*grabs tim and gives him a kiss on the lips*
hey, i think the vodka is starting to go to my head already:D

*being a post whore*
hey whats the big deal
you can talk to the air all you want in a bar cant you?
ive been craving a margarita.
with like a 50 50 mix instead of the wuss mix you usually get
and on the rocks....
yeah
with sugar around the lip of the glass so i can lick it off

u2bonogirl said:

:lmao:
I dont want a hairy chest but a vodka would be perfect.
come here and gimme some sugar with it mr bartender

*grabs tim and gives him a kiss on the lips*
hey, i think the vodka is starting to go to my head already:D

:combust: ** Takes a trip to heaven and then lands on the couch with a thud **

Thanks Tara! :heart: :kiss:

** Finds some chocolate behind the bar and gives it to Tara **

Here you go sweetpea! It's the least I could do after receiving such a beautiful :kiss:

starsforu2 said:

:combust: ** Takes a trip to heaven and then lands on the couch with a thud **

Thanks Tara! :heart: :kiss:

** Finds some chocolate behind the bar and gives it to Tara **

Here you go sweetpea! It's the least I could do after receiving such a beautiful :kiss:

*sigh*
now that ive gotten the bartender under my spell, time to use it to my advantage.....
:mac:

** Walks in carrying a birthday cake and sets it on the bar **

Oh Dorthe! You whoo! Come out, come out wherever you are! You have wishes to make :D

** Walks over to touchpad Jukebox interface and punches in the Original of The Species **

"Baby Slow Down, the end is not as fun as the start. Please stay a child somewhere in your heart"

I love that I can now play the new album with abandon :dance:

:hug: Dorthe :hug:

starsforu2 said:
** Walks in carrying a birthday cake and sets it on the bar **

Oh Dorthe! You whoo! Come out, come out wherever you are! You have wishes to make :D

** Walks over to touchpad Jukebox interface and punches in the Original of The Species **

"Baby Slow Down, the end is not as fun as the start. Please stay a child somewhere in your heart"

I love that I can now play the new album with abandon :dance:

:hug: Dorthe :hug:

**Opens the door to The Octagon and looks inside**

:shifty:

I'm here... Who's calling for me...? :D

**Sees Tim standing in the bar**

Runs up to the bar and gives Tim a big :hug: and a :kiss: on the lips**

Thank you so much for the present darling...! :flirt:

:hug:

Merc said:

**Opens the door to The Octagon and looks inside**

:shifty:

I'm here... Who's calling for me...? :D

**Sees Tim standing in the bar**

Runs up to the bar and gives Tim a big :hug: and a :kiss: on the lips**

Thank you so much for the present darling...! :flirt:

:hug:

** :dance:'s slowly with Merc to "Original of the Species" **

Did you open it? Did you put it in your computer? It's amazing :drool: if I do say so myself. :flirt:

So what else are you doing special for your birthday? :hmm:

Hello, Hello:wave:

Is there a party happening here? I heard about a birthday:wink:

How is everyone?

Its getting really hot over here so a long tall drink is called for...

Do your worst bartender.

Okay, nobody around again.....

Kicks at hole in ground....

See ya around...

Heads out the door....

Tania said:
Hello, Hello:wave:

Is there a party happening here? I heard about a birthday:wink:

How is everyone?

Its getting really hot over here so a long tall drink is called for...

Do your worst bartender.

:wave: Hi Tania!

** Pulls out tall glass and drops a few cubes into it. Adds Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Gin, Triple sec, a generous amount of Sour mix and a splash of Coca-Cola **

How have you been? How are the kids? I'm loving the new album. I've already lost it several times over Sometimes You Can't Make It on your own. Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I was really hit by it on my way to work.

** Pours the whole shebang back into the shaker and gives it one Brink Shake. Returns the contents to the glass and adds a slice of lemon **

Here you go...

Love adn Peace or Else all the way

so was the wait worh it tim?

Hi guys - I'm a downloading fool today - I believe that around 200 of the songs are now on my hard drive (since I was a strictly album kinda girl I'm getting a lot of stuff I didn't have so it was worth the money for me:))
Happy Birthday Merc!!!!!
How are you u2 virgins liking the new material?

birthday?? where??
is there cake??

sorry, i havent read through previous pages so have no idea whats going

Merc - Happy Happiest of birthdays hon! :hug:

Chrissi - i'm staggered byt the album
who here has the UK version? how astoundign is Fast Cars. Guys in teh states - you have to get hold of this somehow
my fave on the album - LPOE but theres hardly a weak track on there and the more i listen the more i like all of it!

nurse chrissi said:
Hi guys - I'm a downloading fool today - I believe that around 200 of the songs are now on my hard drive (since I was a strictly album kinda girl I'm getting a lot of stuff I didn't have so it was worth the money for me:))
Happy Birthday Merc!!!!!
How are you u2 virgins liking the new material?

did you buy the digital box set? whats it like?
i'm really pissed - i havet got my ipod yet? its annoying - whats the point in pre-ordering if i have to wait so much longer. i could have walked into shop 5 minutes down teh road and bought it yesterday. instead i have to wait another 3 days or so till i get it. its damn annoying because initially i was told 2-3 days delivery but when i got my shiping notification it had changed to 7-8 working days.
stupid apple

You could register at itunes now to get it set up - so that when you get your ipod all you have to do is push download
it is taking quite a while I started downloading around 0630 and have around 2000 at 1000 but I'm really liking what i've go so far

.... Wanders back in, just in case....

OMG, there are people in here.....

Thanks for the drink Tim, perfect to sip on during a long hot night....

Hi Everybody,

Yes you virgin guys, what do you think of the album now that you are finally allowing yourselves to listen to it :wink:

Personally, I love it all except for "All Because of You" I just can't get into it. Every other song I could listen to a million times and not get bored with any, but that one... I don't know, its okay but doesn't move me at all - maybe in the future.

"Sometimes", especially seeing Bono sing it on SNL is very poignant, and with all the s:censored:t in my life at the moment it can really get to me, but that's okay, I just put on Original of the Species and Yahweh and I'm back up again.

Actually, for me this album is a real crutch, its a bit of a sanity saver at the moment - U2 to the rescue again.

Anyway, enough crap.....

I refuse to get too good at crying...

Let's get back to the drinking...

strange i thought ABOY was better than i expected - i hated it when i heard the spanish beach recording and wasnt so fond on TOTP live either. quite liking it now actually
what i cant get into is One Step Closer - is too similiar to the other slower tracks but not nearly as good. woudl swap it for fast cars instantly

Last edited:
So much activity! :hyper: :cute:

Fast Cars is on the Special Edition, so I've heard it, but only in the car.

Here is a thumbnail of my night last night... I went to Tower Records and bought one of each type, and an extra Premium copy for my Mom (It's way cute, she sent me a check to have her buy it for her. She liked ATYCLB!)
At 12:07 I was checked out and had the disc in the changer in my car. I started it from Track 1 and then drove slowly home, detouring several times to listen to the entire album. The first listen was interesting in that I felt everything on the album. But I couldn't hear everything. I'm LISTENING to the album for the first time today. It's different. SYCMIOYO has caused tears on several occasions and for different parts of the song. This is so naked.
After arriving home, I turned to downloading the Digital Boxset and got about 160 songs before it quit. I'm going to call Apple, because they wouldn't accept my coupon. I'm actually a little disappointed in the complete U2, I'll make a list of songs that didn't make it, that should have...
So far, I think this album is big and you'd be surprised at what I like so far, it's different than some of you. Still, I'm not skipping anything right now. I need more time to absorb, but I think it's superior to both Pop and ATYCLB. I like growers, but I don't think you should fight to like it. This one doesn't require full investment to get it so far. Give me a few more listens before I can give a proper review.

Fast Cars is a really cool song. Listening to it now and love the bit were Bono sings "I know these fast cars will do me no good"

I bet it will be part of the tour...

starsforu2 said:

** dance's slowly with Merc to "Original of the Species" **

Did you open it? Did you put it in your computer? It's amazing if I do say so myself.

So what else are you doing special for your birthday?

Mmmm... :flirt: ...I love that song... actually I love the entire album... It was certainly worth the wait!

Yeah, I need to transfer all those songs to my iPod - hours and hours of wonderful U2-music... :drool: ... thank you so much! :kiss:

Actually, it's been a quite special day today - besides my birthday it was the last ever day in the lab at uni... :D:up:

I brought cake for everyone in the lab today, including the teachers :wink: (who were quite surprised), because it was my birthday and the last day in the lab - and as it is tradition we burned our lab-coats and when we were all assembled around the fire everyone sang "Happy Birthday" for me! :D

Tonight I'm going out for dinner at HRC with my family - it's been here for many years, but I've never been there :reject:... I hope they have something U2 there... :hyper:

Thanks to everyone here for wishing me a happy birthday!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom