MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, there are people around....

I was starting to think that everyone had disappeared for ever...

:lol:

What's shaking????:huh:

Went to see the Finn brothers and Missy Higgins last night at the Bellvoire Ampitheatre which is a fabbo outdoor venue in WA. Excellent night all round.

So, how was the SNL thingy?

The Switchboards are jammed!!!

SNL was awesome. Well U2 was. Top of their game really. For the first time (ever maybe?) a band has played 3 songs on SNL.

Typically a band plays 2, but U2 came out during the closing credits and played I will Follow. Then in the middle of the song, they left the stage and Bono took over the studio. It was great! One of the cast member's on SNL wiped a tear of joy from her eye after being hugged by Bono as he was finishing up then. The he tells the audience that they will do one more song. Unfortunately the broadcast ended :sad: and we didn't get it.

I've remained faithful to waiting for the actual release date, but I did get a little frisky by watching U2 perform SYCMIOYO and I was moved by it. I think it's a good song, and I'm looking forward to fully embracing it in just a few days. Knowing that he is singing to his Dad makes a world of difference in how I absorbed the song.

Gotta go to bed now :Wave: I hope you get a chance to see the performances, they were really good and Bono was really trying to win that audience, and by extension the world. He plays a rock-star well :yes:

**Doing a little happy dance as shes walking into the bar**

:dance: :happy:

...Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead yes
I'm on my way...

... and it's been snowing tonight! :D:up:

**Walks up to the desk**

Yeah, I'll just have the drink of the day... whatever that is... :flirt:

Merc said:
**Doing a little happy dance as shes walking into the bar**

:dance: :happy:

...Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead yes
I'm on my way...

... and it's been snowing tonight! :D:up:

**Walks up to the desk**

Yeah, I'll just have the drink of the day... whatever that is... :flirt:

:wave: Ok, this one is exclusively for you and the day is gone, but I hope you enjoy :D

** Pulls out snifter and pours 1 oz Cognac (Hennessy) & 1 oz of Grand Marnier **

This one is called Beautiful :flirt: not unlike the woman who is about to drink it. :bow: :wink:

*walks back into the bar shivvering a bit, toting a personal raincloud over her head*
just came to say hi. Im back from phoenix:wave:
be back tomorrow in a better mood im hoping. I just spent the whole day repressing my feelings and now i need to go blow up a little before anything else:|
later

u2bonogirl said:
*walks back into the bar shivvering a bit, toting a personal raincloud over her head*
just came to say hi. Im back from phoenix:wave:
be back tomorrow in a better mood im hoping. I just spent the whole day repressing my feelings and now i need to go blow up a little before anything else:|
later

** Goes into the back and fetches American Flag umbrella from the PopMart collection and hands it to Tara **

Here you go, it seemed to work for Bono

** Pours a rum & coke for Tara **

I, for one am glad you are back :hug: I hope that the tidal waves that are pulling you under subside today. :|

** Busies self by looking at the ingredients for the dirty girl scout. :scratch: **

I feel funny making a girl scout dirty :eek:

** Pulls out mixer and pours in Vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's irish cream. Gives it and shake and pours it over ice in the glass **

Now for the piece de resistance!

** Pours White Creme de menthe down the center of the glass. **

Oooh, :barf: it doesn't look too attractive, but they say it's tasty. I'm not feeling so hot physically today, so anything might make me :sick:

-> I've got this headache that makes my stomach feel ill. I took some advil and I'm waiting to see if everything else follows... It's not flu or cold, probably just dehydrated by too much beer and not enough water last night. It's like a hangover without being drunk. Some barfly I am huh? :huh:

hey guys

nice to see you about at a more reasonable time my side of the world!

hows it all going

tim, you not well? shame, poor baby, well heres a hug to make you feel beter (just dont give me whatever yuo've got!:eek:)
:hug:

digsy said:
hey guys

nice to see you about at a more reasonable time my side of the world!

hows it all going

tim, you not well? shame, poor baby, well heres a hug to make you feel beter (just dont give me whatever yuo've got!:eek:)
:hug:

I've got a fevah, and there is only one prescription. More Cowbell! :reject: Sorry, I couldn't resist :wink:

Thanks for the :hug: I think I'm coming out of it. I'm less queasy and my head is returning to normal.

I just called Tower Records here and they will be doing the album sale at Midnite. I don't think I'll be able to wait beyond then :hyper: I went to bed at a decent hour last night, but still feel like I was hit by a Cooper Mini (Editor: A truck would be way too dramatic for how I feel)

Well, I'm headed out for lunch. I need to return to the Apple store to swap some goods. I was overzealous with my iPod and purchased stuff I don't need. :lol: I've joined the cult of Apple. God help my soul. :lmao:

dammit - i want my ipod, whats taking so long.

well glad to see you're feeling better - go get the album tonight, if nothing else makes you feel good that definitely will.

as for apple - what cover do you recomend to protect it? obviously i still wanna be able to see as much of it as i can but wanna not scratch it either

digsy said:
dammit - i want my ipod, whats taking so long.

well glad to see you're feeling better - go get the album tonight, if nothing else makes you feel good that definitely will.

as for apple - what cover do you recomend to protect it? obviously i still wanna be able to see as much of it as i can but wanna not scratch it either

I haven't left yet :reject:

Here is what I have bought and what I think about it:

The iPod Dock: I realized that unless you plug speakers directly into it, it doesn't really buy you much in the way of convenience. It doesn't have any extra cords, so it just allows you to stand your iPod up instead of leaving it on the desk. $40 is too much to keep it upright.

The iPod Belt Clip: Horrible! It's hard plastic and it *snaps* on the back. Wouldn't want to repeatedly scratch up the back for that privilege.

The iTalk from Griffin: So far so good, it allows you to record your own voice for note taking etc. I bought it because I sometimes forget stuff while I'm in the car and I would like to be able to record my fantastic thoughts :wink:

The iPod Carrying case: (M9129G/A) So far so good, this allows me to holster my iPod which is good and it's relatively soft, but I have to pull the iPod out everytime I want to stop/start it which isn't good. I was told to buy another case which would protect the iPod when slipping it in and out of the holster. That and the apple lady said that I should cut the tag from it because it can scratch the back. :sigh: No matter what you do, it's going to get scratched up, the question is how long do you fret over it before just enjoying it, warts and all? I'm headed back to the store and I'll let you know what I find for carrying cases that protect.

wow!

you have got all excited about this ipod thing - junkie!! ha ha

i'm gonna take a walk to the apple store down the road now - think i'm just gonna stick with a case for now . will get teh stand with speakers at some point but not just yet. oh, and some black headphones - not only because it'll look better with the ipod but lso because i dont want to be a walking advert for muggers with the white ones that scream "£250 equipment under my jacket!!!"

thanks for the advice though - i'm going to go sell me soul to apple now :lol:

digsy said:
wow!

you have got all excited about this ipod thing - junkie!! ha ha

i'm gonna take a walk to the apple store down the road now - think i'm just gonna stick with a case for now . will get teh stand with speakers at some point but not just yet. oh, and some black headphones - not only because it'll look better with the ipod but lso because i dont want to be a walking advert for muggers with the white ones that scream "£250 equipment under my jacket!!!"

thanks for the advice though - i'm going to go sell me soul to apple now :lol:

Well, I'm back, but I come home empty-handed :sad: I looked at something called iSkins but they were only available in hot pink :madspit: The clear skin one was only available for the 40gb model. I'm going to keep my eye out for other solutions to protect my flyPod. heh heh :wink:
I like the idea of getting black headphones. I wonder if the one's packaged by Apple are in anyway superior to what you receive with any portable cd player you buy.

I had a total U2 moment on my way to the Apple Store. I parked near Bloomingdales and had to walk through on my way to Apple. As I was passing all of the beauty aisles, I remembered that I had been meaning to buy a bottle of Curve (a cologne I used to use, and am considering going back to).
So, I stopped and asked a woman behind the counter if they had Curve. She said that she didn't think that they did, but that she would check. I followed her to the Men's cologne section and thought, well if they don't have Curve, maybe I should check out Bvlgari. (Because it's the only one that I hear about these days. :wink:)
She steered me toward the samples of Bvlgari and as I reach for the bottle, I hear "It's Christmas, baby please come home" :ohmy:
My face lit up as I tried two different varieties of it. After doing a google search, I just realized that Bvlgari is the sunglasses that Bono wears not the cologne. :reject: The upside is that I think I smell yummy now! :up:

Last edited:
**Dancing into the bar with her copy of HTDAAB in her hands**

Weeeheeee!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :hyper: :dance:

To use the mans own words - This is really, really fucking brilliant! :D:up:

:hyper: :dance: :hyper:

starsforu2 said:
I just realized that Bvlgari is the sunglasses that Bono wears not the cologne. :reject: The upside is that I think I smell yummy now! :up:

Oh, I do think he used the Bvlgari sometime ago! :yes:

And :drool:, you do smell very yummy! :flirt:

Merc said:

Oh, I do think he used the Bvlgari sometime ago! :yes:

And :drool:, you do smell very yummy! :flirt:

Hi Merc :flirt: It's on my left wrist and I'm starting to like it. Does anyone else like Bvlgari? I'm willing to buy some if I know it adds to my overall magnetism. (I don't trust my own opinion on beauty products) After all my hair smells like flowers and Tara's like beer and she makes fun of me for it. :wink: Hey LADIES let me know what kind of cologne you prefer and I'll go give them a spin before I decide on a final candidate.

:applaud: Congratulations on HTDAAB!!! :applaud:

Once I know the sound, I think I'll be up for a dance or two, or three :dance:

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

Hello Handsome! :flirt:

starsforu2 said:
Does anyone else like Bvlgari?

... I'm wearing it right now... the Bvlgari for women, that is! :wink: So, I guess that answers your question... :yes: I like it!

starsforu2 said:
:applaud: Congratulations on HTDAAB!!! :applaud:

Once I know the sound, I think I'll be up for a dance or two, or three :dance:

Thanks, you'll love it - trust me!!! :D

... and I'm looking forward to the dance! :sexywink:

DaveC said:
all in cash.

and i'm on the hook for it.

it's the top post in my journal.

:madspit: I just read it. Predators suck. You must look very trusting in person.

I know I'm a guy but :hug:

When I was younger, so much younger than today...

I camped out for tickets to see U2 in DC. This was in 1992. I was first in line and since I was there for 4 days, I brought a boom box and a bag full of cds. There were about 40 in all; mostly U2.
So on the night before the tickets went on sale, I was around the corner drinking with some girl, and when I came back to the front my friends had fallen asleep and had not noticed that someone walked off with both my backpack and my boombox. I went into a freaking rage (being still drunk contributed I'm sure). I kind of found out who did it, but was powerless to do anything about it. I think I estimated the loss at $820. I don't trust strangers so much anymore. I waited about 8 months before buying another CD. It made me sick to think about purchasing them again. Now, I pretty much have everything I lost back in my collection. But for a while there I was :banghead: :banghead:

It's gets the best of use some times.

*peeks in the door*
*flops onto the couch shaking the fog off her body*

its one of those thick days here when you can feel the fog in your mouth:huh:

poor dave......Im sorry! Ive had a lot of things stolen from me because ive been too trusting sometimes......

tim: bono has been known to wear the bvlgari cologne, but i really like the dolce and gabana:yes: thats really yummy!
i like the curve for men too:D hugo boss smells really good. and dune....and gravity......and

okay so Im a smell freak. I go smell things all the time because I love smells. good smells:reject:

Im kinda grumpy today, dont mind me. Its a yucky day out and its not helping my mood. I am double grumpy because Im not seeing an iPod anytime soon in this life:madspit:
somebody give me a hug.

u2bonogirl said:
*peeks in the door*
*flops onto the couch shaking the fog off her body*

its one of those thick days here when you can feel the fog in your mouth:huh:

poor dave......Im sorry! Ive had a lot of things stolen from me because ive been too trusting sometimes......

tim: bono has been known to wear the bvlgari cologne, but i really like the dolce and gabana:yes: thats really yummy!
i like the curve for men too:D hugo boss smells really good. and dune....and gravity......and

okay so Im a smell freak. I go smell things all the time because I love smells. good smells:reject:

Im kinda grumpy today, dont mind me. Its a yucky day out and its not helping my mood. I am double grumpy because Im not seeing an iPod anytime soon in this life:madspit:
somebody give me a hug.

** Sneaks up to couch, but Tara's divine sense of smell catches me in my tracks **

Did you want a hug? :hug: ** and holds Tara for a while **

** a long while **

Do you want to help me try on new colognes? :flirt:

** a really long while **

starsforu2 said:

** Sneaks up to couch, but Tara's divine sense of smell catches me in my tracks **

Did you want a hug? :hug: ** and holds Tara for a while **

** a long while **

Do you want to help me try on new colognes? :flirt:

** a really long while **
:D i love cologne shopping
some say my sense of smell is beyond normal. I could tell what somebody was cooking from down the street.
if i was closer i could pick out certain spices and ingredients:huh:
gee, i wish that talent could be traded in for something better. like coordination:|

tim is still holding onto me! :cute: ah, thats okay. I like to cuddle:D

this lady i did work for today was so cool. she was welsh and had the coolest accent ever. she even came outside and said "bloody 'ell, is it going to rain again? just like jolly england it is..."
:lmao:
i think i need to be around her more often, makes me feel like Im closer to home:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom