MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsforu2 said:

I have an acoustic version of Laid that's not too shabby. It's played in a club setting, very intimate sounding. Let me know, and I'll throw it up for your perusal.
that would be great - I had forgotten what a great song that is - I had always linked this song with Just Like Heaven - probably because of subject matter:)

on a different topic I saw a commercial today that greatly upset me - It was for Ritz crackers with Modern English's "I Melt with You" playing over an animated cracker
It was so not right

nurse chrissi said:

that would be great - I had forgotten what a great song that is - I had always linked this song with Just Like Heaven - probably because of subject matter:)

on a different topic I saw a commercial today that greatly upset me - It was for Ritz crackers with Modern English's "I Melt with You" playing over an animated cracker
It was so not right

Yeah, that's not the first time that song has been used improperly. I think they hawked for Burger King before that. Well, if you want to help defend U2, you can always point to I Melt With You as truly selling out.

The song will be up soon. I think it's interesting how we all associate things differently. For example Just Like Heaven and Laid came out 6 years apart! The reason why I even took a chance on James in the first place is because Brian Eno was producing them back then. (1993) It was magical time of music discovery for me :D -- Ok Laid is up there.

I'm happy to say that I've gotten Nurse Chrissi... Laid

I'm happy to say that I've gotten Nurse Chrissi... Laid
:wink:

In terms of the deleting issue - Yes if you have your ipod set to automatically update songs/ipod
if you don't want this to happen (say you have more songs in your itunes library that what you want on your ipod) go to preferences
ipod
click manually manage songs and playlist - this way you have to drag and click each song onto your ipod - plus it lets you hook your ipod up to other computers with itunes

**Runs into the bar and up behind the desk - making morning tea - in a hurry as always :hyper: **

Do du di do do du di do... and there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time... but a little snow has fallen here tonight... do du di doo...

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Merc said:
**Runs into the bar and up behind the desk - making morning tea - in a hurry as always :hyper: **

Do du di do do du di do... and there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time... but a little snow has fallen here tonight... do du di doo...

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Runs over and picks Merc off of her feet :hug: I haven't been on at the same time with you in ages!

:shifty: Whoops, I think I'm up too late.

:wave: hey Merc!
Snow? say it isn't so
The weather Bono and Edge were in yesterday for the Clinton Library? That would be the weather I have right now:(

Ugh - phone rang - called in
have a good night/day guys!

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:

Runs over and picks Merc off of her feet :hug: I haven't been on at the same time with you in ages!

:shifty: Whoops, I think I'm up too late.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

nurse chrissi said:

Snow? say it isn't so
The weather Bono and Edge were in yesterday for the Clinton Library? That would be the weather I have right now

It isn't snowing now :( but it did last night (It's 7am now here), and theres still a little left on a roof outside my window... :D

Merc said:

It isn't snowing now :( but it did last night (It's 7am now here), and theres still a little left on a roof outside my window... :D

There's still quite a bit of snow in my garden and on the surrounding cars and hedges :)

Looks very Xmas'y! :hug:

snow_in_lufbra.jpg

Ok, I've had my iPod for 3 days and I've already decided that my original name for my iPod was lame so I want to change it. So let me ask you what is better:

flyPod or fliPod

Too bad my name isn't Brian, or I could have a briPod :wink:

Nurse Chrissi could have a chriPod

whyPod? :confused:

shyPod :reject:

myPod :mad:

piePod :drool:

sighPod :sigh:

cryPod :sad:

diePod :rant:

byePod :wave:

ayePod :yes:

hello?
does anybody still run this place or is it just an empty old derilect building?

starsforu2 said:

It's empty without you Digs :cute:

you're too kind :wink:

so now you're here
lets see if we can dust off these bottles and pour me a drink!
not that i havent had enough all day but shhhhh, one more won't hurt!

Last edited:
ah never mind

i'm off to bed now, will get that drink another time

bye :wave:

Hello, Hello:wave:

How's everybody going this beautiful day?

:wink:

What's an appletini?

I think I'll have a long Gin and Tonic, fanx

OOOkkk, sounds good, just let me finish this one and I'll buy the next round...:)

<<....throws down last of G&T....>>

Hey bartender, can we have two appletinis, please?

Tania said:
OOOkkk, sounds good, just let me finish this one and I'll buy the next round...:)

<<....throws down last of G&T....>>

Hey bartender, can we have two appletinis, please?

** Bartender gets up after watching U2 on SNL with a fat grin on his face **

Appletini's coming up!

** Mixes up a little sour apple mix and Vodka, stirs it up and pours a couple of drinks for the ladies **

When the customers speak, we try to respond, we'll serve just about anything liquid here... within reason :shifty: :D

** Thinks about the feasibilty of flavored coffee :hmm: **

We already serve tea, why not more coffee choices? :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom