MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-23-2004, 08:46 AM   #211
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 2,710
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Hey Merc:

When you get a chance look up sciencejobs.com for when you are looking for work. You list your qualifications and areas that you are interested in. They send you an email about once a week for all the jobs that you may be interested in and it might be helpful.

If you need more info, let me know.

Cheers.
__________________

__________________
Tania is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #212
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Have a wonderful day Dorothe! It sounds like you're well on your way!


I'm off to search for some lunch... ** Stomach grumbles **

__________________

__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,977
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
Hey Merc:

When you get a chance look up sciencejobs.com for when you are looking for work. You list your qualifications and areas that you are interested in. They send you an email about once a week for all the jobs that you may be interested in and it might be helpful.

If you need more info, let me know.

Cheers.
Thanks Tania - I'll keep that in mind!

I've got 1½ years left... so I think I'll wait a bit to sign up, but I'll do it when graduation is getting closer...

Actually, my dream job right now is with one of two organizations in my sig... but it's nice to have some oppotunities to choose from!
__________________
Merc is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #214
New Yorker
 
digsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,853
Local Time: 12:55 AM
cheers tim

mmmm... food.... think i might have to follow your plan of action, i'm hungry too

see ya guys later
__________________
digsy is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,977
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2
Have a wonderful day Dorothe! It sounds like you're well on your way!


I'm off to search for some lunch... ** Stomach grumbles **

Enjoy your day - and your lunch - Timm!
__________________
Merc is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #216
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 2,710
Local Time: 08:55 AM
No worries,

Think I will have to call it a night (or an early morning!).

Catch up with everyone soon.
__________________
Tania is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
u2bonogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Back on the blue crack after a long break
Posts: 6,726
Local Time: 08:55 PM
i got it.
i finally got it!
I ditched work. escaped when no one was looking and drove out of town to get the album.
driving home through the fog and mist
listening.
I let two tears slip during miracle drug.....
Im in emotional upheaval right now....the album is either urging on the pain or helping it. cant tell yet. whatever it is I dont care
this is fucking awesome
im just pissed that i have no digital music player now that my minidisc player bit the dust yesterday. of all the times to not have any music to listen to at work
__________________
u2bonogirl is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
u2bonogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Back on the blue crack after a long break
Posts: 6,726
Local Time: 08:55 PM
show me the way to go home.....

Im here all alone.....

*sneaks off to submerge herself in a bottle of vodka and inhale a miracle drug*
__________________
u2bonogirl is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #219
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
i got it.
i finally got it!
I ditched work. escaped when no one was looking and drove out of town to get the album.
driving home through the fog and mist
listening.
I let two tears slip during miracle drug.....
Im in emotional upheaval right now....the album is either urging on the pain or helping it. cant tell yet. whatever it is I dont care
this is fucking awesome
im just pissed that i have no digital music player now that my minidisc player bit the dust yesterday. of all the times to not have any music to listen to at work
I'm really loving just about everything on this disc

I liked MD better the 2nd time. Great lyrics! Everything is more poignant when you've got emotional stuff going on. I can commiserate.

** A Man and A Woman comes on the Jukebox **
** I take Tara into my arms and do a little spanish dance while lipsyncing to her **

Little sister don't you worry about a thing today
Take the heat from the sun
Little sister
I know that everything is not ok
But you're like honey on my tongue

True love never can be rent
But only true love can keep beauty innocent

** Gives a Tara a little spin, and her summer dress twirls as she spins back in toward me **

I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman
No I could never take a chance
'Cause I could never understand
The mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman

** Catches Tara by the hand before she runs off for another drink **

You can run from love
And if it's really love it will find you
Catch you by the heel
But you can't be numb for love
The only pain is to feel nothing at all
How can I hurt when I'm holding you?

** Moves hip to hip for the remainder of the song, but lets Bono do the singing **

I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman

And you're the one, there's no-one else
You make me want to lose myself
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman

Brown eyed girl across the street
On rue Saint Divine
I thought this is the one for me
But she was already mine
You were already mine...

** Whispers ** Everything will be answered in due time, just leave it behind, tonight we dance

Little sister
I've been sleeping in the street again
Like a stray dog
Little sister
I've been trying to feel complete again
But you're gone and so is God

The soul needs beauty for a soul mate
When the soul wants...the soul waits ...

No I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman

For love and sex and faith and fear
And all the things that keep us here
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman

How can I hurt when I'm holding you?

Thanks for the dance sweetie. I don't think that things will get worse. It's always dark before the dawn.
__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,388
Local Time: 07:55 PM
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
u2bonogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Back on the blue crack after a long break
Posts: 6,726
Local Time: 08:55 PM
*gives tim a hug, a faint smile and a kiss on the cheek*
thank you for the dance
*wonders if bono was thinking of her with the brown eyed girl comment*
probably not
ack, my bloodsugar must be getting low.....gotta go put something in my body before i pass out in the library
nobody ever get hypoglycemia. it SUCKS.

*stomps off to find some peanutbutter*
see you all later. and by then I will have black in my hair!
__________________
u2bonogirl is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #222
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
*gives tim a hug, a faint smile and a kiss on the cheek*
thank you for the dance
*wonders if bono was thinking of her with the brown eyed girl comment*
probably not
ack, my bloodsugar must be getting low.....gotta go put something in my body before i pass out in the library
nobody ever get hypoglycemia. it SUCKS.

*stomps off to find some peanutbutter*
see you all later. and by then I will have black in my hair!
My mom had hypoglycemia for awhile. It morped into Diabetes years later, but it's the type-2 version and just requires a smart diet and some medication.

Enjoy your peanut butter and I hope you feel better
__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,388
Local Time: 07:55 PM
hey tim, i'm back again.

got an assignment i have to do up tonight so i'll need a little something to get my mind in the mood for it. what do you recommend?
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #224
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
hey tim, i'm back again.

got an assignment i have to do up tonight so i'll need a little something to get my mind in the mood for it. what do you recommend?
Let me think about it. How's the mood after a horrible yesterday?
__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #225
Refugee
 
starsforu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Posts: 2,070
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Got a great one.... Are you ready for the push?
__________________

__________________
starsforu2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com