MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmie makes you sound about three. Imagine saying "Timmie" with a whinnie voice, or your mother calling you for dinner "Tiiimmmmmiiieeee"

Nah, Timbo is so much cooler...

Dead horse is tomato sauce.

Hide-a-beds are called sofa beds here.

Tiiiimmmmiiieee have you brushed your teeth yet ...:laugh:

:lmao: I can feel a pumble coming on:lmao:

Tania said:
Dead horse is tomato sauce.

Hide-a-beds are called sofa beds here.

Tiiiimmmmiiieee have you brushed your teeth yet ...:laugh:

:lmao: I can feel a pumble coming on:lmao:

:lmao: i was way off base with the dead horse
here its ketchup:D
and we have sofas too. but theres love seats. and couches. and hide- a - beds

A pumble is like a play fight, wrestling and all that stuff!!:lol:

I'm sure you would Timbo, I'm sure you would!!!:wink:

hashbrowns - yes, they are those mashed up potato things that you can buy at Big Macca's?

Haystacks and soap box derby's - maybe under another name?

Tania said:
hashbrowns - yes, they are those mashed up potato things that you can buy at Big Macca's?

Haystacks and soap box derby's - maybe under another name?

the potatoes arent mashed, theyre shredded
and a soap box derby is a race down a hill in a little motorless car
the haystack can either be a chocolate treat or an actual stack of hay:D

Well we have haystacks that are actual stacks of hay but they now make them in big round rolls rather than squares.
Never heard of the chocolate ones, but that sounds good (lets face it anything chocolate sounds good).

I'm not sure what they call "soap box derby's" here but the cars are called Billy carts and are made of pieces of junk that kids find.

Tania said:
Well we have haystacks that are actual stacks of hay but they now make them in big round rolls rather than squares.
Never heard of the chocolate ones, but that sounds good (lets face it anything chocolate sounds good).

I'm not sure what they call "soap box derby's" here but the cars are called Billy carts and are made of pieces of junk that kids find.
the haystacks with chocolate have coconut:yes:
I have never in my life heard of a billy cart:eyebrow:
we have hotdog carts!:D

Is the haystack covered in chocolate like a bounty bar? Yum.

Never heard of a hotdog cart????:eyebrow:

What about this one? Do you know what "crack a tinnie" is?

Crack a tinnie - open a can of beer (thought it was appropriate for the Octagon bar).

A Bounty Bar is very sweet coconut stuff covered in a thick layer of chocolate.

IGA sounds like a golf tournament? (International Golf Association) So no, not really into golf. I mean I like to play occasionally but wouldn't really bother going to watch.

Tania said:
Crack a tinnie - open a can of beer (thought it was appropriate for the Octagon bar).

A Bounty Bar is very sweet coconut stuff covered in a thick layer of chocolate.

IGA sounds like a golf tournament? (International Golf Association) So no, not really into golf. I mean I like to play occasionally but wouldn't really bother going to watch.
a bounty bar is like a mounds bar. a haystack is different

we flip lids, like on a bottle of beer:D
and IGA is actually a grocery store, lol :laugh: nothing to do with golf

our golf is played on links

"Links" is very British. We play on courses.

No, don't think we have any IGA here, well not in Perth. There isn't enough people (only about 2.2 million people live in the whole State, with about 1.7ish in Perth).

Tania said:
"Links" is very British. We play on courses.

No, don't think we have any IGA here, well not in Perth. There isn't enough people (only about 2.2 million people live in the whole State, with about 1.7ish in Perth).
I live in a town called Otis. the real town in lincoln city. theres like 3,000 people there. I swear. its terrible
do you have a safeway? or a chevron?

We have "Coles" and "Action" supermarkets.

Around here if you can get through the shops without meeting three people that you know, you are doing really well.

A chevron sounds like a car!

Tania said:
We have "Coles" and "Action" supermarkets.

Around here if you can get through the shops without meeting three people that you know, you are doing really well.

A chevron sounds like a car!
I know everybody in our safeway market:|
i cant stand on the side of the road for more than 5 seconds without getting honked at either
a chevron is a gas station
and we dont have self serve either!

It use to be that on Sunday's petrol stations were open on a roster system (ie one per area). So if you ran out, you could be really stuck.

Apart from Christmas and in Perth and Fremantle, most shops are not open at all on Sunday's. Though it used to be that most shut at 12pm on a Saturday as well...

Oh and get this, we are one of the few States that doesn't go onto daylight saving, which means that at the moment (summer) there are five different time zones in Australia. This means that my working day starts at 6am (as on the other side of the island it is 9am) and goes through to 5pm (when people finish up work here).

I'm not complaining though, I do have a lot of advantages (live 5mins from the beach and 2 minutes from the river, the weather is mostly great, the life style is relaxed etc, etc). You should come visit one day:)

hey your place sounds great! I live really close to the beach too actually
we have really weird work times around here. in the summer there are a lot of people in the town because its a tourist attraction. when they come all the shops are open till late!
we have like 5 gas(petrol) stations in our little town that is basically five miles long and runs along the beach.
its a little beach town with lots of surfers and old people!

We get a lot of people in town when the US Navy calls in for some R&R... (about once every three months)

Your place sounds like a good spot to get away from it all.

goodnight tania! it was nice talking to you. i love hearing about the different places people live in interference, its really cool. makes me feel all cultured:D
Im gonna go to bed and watch a geek movie
and then take a shower with my "irish spring" soap :laugh:
hey wait, you might have that there :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom