MERGED-->The Matrix Reloaded Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First of all, I am the architect.

I was very anxious to see the film as I loved the first one. I heard it was playing on the IMAX screen here, but then found out that was only the night before opening night. I saw it on what I consider a gheto smaller screen, but still enjoyed it, relatively. Here is my brief summary: I thought there was nothing to the story, but was thankful Keanu had fewer lines than the first movie. Carrie Anne Moss looks even hotter in this one, and the scene on the Ducati made me crazy. I think the whole movie was actually about the highway scene as it was the best. All in all I thought it was kind of pointless and the scenes with Smith were filler. I am looking forward to the third and final Matrix as I like the brand, but I kind of thought this one was poop. The highlights were clearly Trinity falling and getting shot, the highway scene, and The Rage song at the end of the movie - brings back such good memories.

Oh - did anyone notice the constant use of GM cars throghout the flick? I thought that kind of sucked...

:shifty:

I hate to be the first to say it... but I think Matrix has quickly gone the way of Star Wars-- bad writing, bad story, bad acting, but stellar action and fx which makes up for everything.

Maybe I expected too much... but I was hoping that the Wachowski bros. would expound on their postmodern philosophy a la Baudrillard and William Gibson, Ghost in the Shell, etc. (which they did so well in the first movie) and integrate it into their mythology... instead, it seems to me that they just made the movie more twisted and complicated than the pseudo-deep original.

This being said, I think I prefer X2 than Matrix2... X2 doesn't sacrifice story for spectacle.

:|

Let the crucifying begin.

If my memory serves me right the scene was something like this...

"Hello Neo."
"Who are you?"
"I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo some of my answers you will understand and some of them you will not. Concurrently, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant."
"Why am I here?"
"Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise...a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has lead you, inexorably...here."
"You haven't answered my question."
"Quite right. Interesting...that was quicker than the others."
"Others? What others?" (Murmuring from Neo's on the televisions.)
"The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer to counting from the emergence from one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next in which case this is the sixth version."
"There are only two possible explanations; either no one told me, or no one knows."
"Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering the anomaly is systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations."
(Neo's television murmurings.)
"Choice. The problem is choice."
[Trinity fight scene]
"The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus I redesigned it, based on you history, to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another. An intuitive program initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the Matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother."
"The Oracle."
"Please...As I was saying she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory...systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked, might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of failure."
"This is about Zion."
"You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed, its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated."
"Bullshit!" (Bullshit cries from the Neo's on television)
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But rest assure, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it."
[Trinity fight scene]
"The function of the One is not to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the Matrix twenty-three individuals, sixteen females seven male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion, will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race."
"You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive."
"There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility of the death of every human being in this world.... It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation, that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience if far more... specific. Is it the...love?"
"Trinity."
"Apperable. She entered the Matrix to save your life at the cost of her own."
"No."
"Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, where the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her and to the end of your species. As your adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what your are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason, an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth, she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness."
"If I were you, I would hope that we never meet again."
"We won't."

But you have to admit...the images answering the Architect in the little screens were pretty cute.

My review? Graphics!!!....what was the plot again? Oh yeah saving Zion...well maybe they will get to that...nope not this time.

I didn't appreciate the way the story was left off but I am sure it was to sell the sequel probably already sitting in cans on the shelf.

Johnny Swallow said:
If my memory serves me right the scene was something like this...

We've been tortured enough.:mad: Listening to him say the words must've been the easy part because I have no desire to read those words.

I don't know if anyone else notices but the religious undertones to the movie is getting a bit annoying, while religion is a great way to incoporate a story it's also a great way to bore people to death and perfect for mixing up the point and the plot. :eyebrow:

Heh, see, I would've said it's all about CGI too if I hadn't got caught up trying to figure out the story which is tangled in religion. :wink:

I was quite disapointed with this movie, heres why,

The first had a great storyline and all round was superb where as in this one they had to go down the ol stereotypes of Hollywood cinema, which gets me fooking angry,

* why the girl meets boy love shite???? the rave scene was out of place, why the Morpheous Jada Pinket character love triangle crap- a good storyline dosnt require this crap, the movie sold out by puting this shite in...

* the Smith clones fight scene was way too long and stupid, if Neo can fly why the heck didnt he just take off to begin with, when he does this in the end it just left me thinking, hmmmmm

* the freeway scene was again too long, it was good but I found myself getting bored and wondering when it was going to end

* the ending repulsed me, at least when LOTR did this in the fellowship if you had read the books you knew what was happening, I dont like a film that ends like this, for me to know what is going to happen I have to go and spend another ten bucks to see the third one- bad move

anyway the movie was ok but nowhere near as good as the first, I get so so so sick of Hollywood love shit, why do they think that to make a movie sell they have to put in a couple minutes of gratuitous sex scenes- why????? the only scene that I really liked was the one with the Architect, that was good, anyway I'm waiting for the video to come out until I see the next one......

btw would love to see that return of the king trailer.....:)

I like Keanu Reeves:up: one of my friends got some work on the set of the first movie:up:
My sons went along and saw it last night, we haven't had time to discuss it(latenight/schoolday) As per usual, I'll wait till it's on video. I wanna see Gangs of New York :up:

I like Keanu too - pple bad mouth his acting and I wanna just surround him with luv and hug him tight! I told you he was in Belfast and was so civil......:) :hug: Keanu!

I like him in this, he looks very handsome!

Havent seen Reloaded yet and will have to wait til mate is back from Europe trip end of this month, Im hoping he will go see it with me..............:mac:

Cant wait to see this 15 min freeway scene - believe they built it from scratch and 300 cars were destroyed...............:faint:, I should be in that scene.....:mac:

Anyhow it would be the equivalent of the 15 min LOTR 2 Battle Scene, right?

Im getting all Matrixified this week, and its taking me back to 99, and Im a fan of Carrie-Ann as Trinity in this...........

OH HEY! Everyone round here tinks the 'Twins' really are actors and are pretending they were 'swooped' up!

visual: :up:
story : :shrug:
but I am sure they'll make up fo rit in part 3.. when it all comes to an end and questions (hopefully) will be answered
:hug: agent smith

I'm going to have to agree with the majority. Out of this world visuals, but the story dragged waaaaay too much to keep up with the visuals. The architect scene was indeed quite cool, but overall most of the dialogue seemed forced and too bent on philosphy. The Neo vs Smiths scene was quite cool, although the more Smiths there were, the more fake it looked (still very damn cool, though, especially when the pole came into use :D). The freeway scene was just unreal, but my friend noticed that any car that actually did something cool was a GM car. Interesting :hmm:. Plus those had to be the longest credits ever to sit through waiting for the preview. :mad:

Trinity....:drool: :hyper: :combust: :up:

Just got back from seeing the movie. Excellent visual effects, though sometimes done just to say "look what we can do".

The pseudo-philosophy was awful and some scenes were needlessly long. I'd be happy with a dvd of Episode 3.

I just saw this at the weekend and I give it a 6 outta 10 because it slacked a lot of shit.

but anyhow my fav scene just has to be the whole Trinity and Neo making lurve, while the pple of Zion dance....the whole slow-motion to that dance music was a definate :up:

I think they should've left the love scene/Zion rave out of the movie. It had no relevence.

Back
Top Bottom