MERGED ----> the latest from duran land + Duran Duran to issue a new album? + on Leno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
the latest from duran land

from their official website:

and the album title is
ASTRONAUT

As more information comes in, it will be posted on duranduran.com.
Right now we can tell you that:

The album is due out in October
The first single and video is (Reach Up For The) Sunrise
The single will be out sometime this month, the video either late
August, early September

The video, directed by the Polish Brothers, was shot in four
countries - US (California desert/John), Ibiza (on the beach, out in
the countryside and at 10,000 capacity club - Manumission/Andy),
Spain (up in the Pyrennes/Simon) and in London (Roger and Nick)

all right! :up:

i know i'm looking forward to it. plus their second installment of the singles box set comes out soon (sept. 13 row, sept. 21 usa). don't you know i'm gonna be getting it the day it comes out!

here's more info on their new video (which, btw, if the title sounds familiar, it's because a remix appeared on the queer eye for the straight guy soundtrack. the original is MUCH better imo):

The band have individually been filming their sequences for the video to (Reach Up For The) Sunrise , directed by Mark and Michael Polish ("Twin Falls Idaho").

Each band member's part has a different theme - JT finds himself in the desert in California, Simon races his motorbike through the countryside of Spain, Roger goes all "007" in the UK as he cruises in a car, Andy hits the clubs of Ibitha and Nick spends his time hovering in a spaceship above London.

At no time does the band appear in their specific portion together, although it expected to be all be tied together with live footage.

Did they tour last year and put out an album ? i remember reading something about a Las Vegas show they did for New Years . :confused: I hope they tour cause i wanna see them for sure. They have so many good songs even the ones from the 90's like Come Undone and Ordinary World were really good. :drool:

Last edited:
yes, i would like to see them tour too. i have fond memories of a concert sometime back in the early eighties.

*wonders if her pink harem pants are in the garage :hmm: *

Hang on..

Their album is called Astronaut. REM's is called 'Around the Sun'. Just goes to show that 'Solar' really is the new U2 CD..:wink:

Thanks for the news, Khanada! Yet another album coming out this year that I'm adding to my wish list.

[trance tangent] I'm eager to see this 10,000 capacity club in Ibiza. Ibiza is apparently THE place to be for trance music. [/trance tangent]

EvolutionMonkey said:
Did they tour last year and put out an album ?
yeah, they did tour last year. in fact i saw them right around thanksgiving in atlanta! it's hard to believe it hasn't even been a year; it feels like it's been forever since i saw them! they haven't put out an album yet though, this is the first one since they reunited. their last album was released in 2000. :D

I still feel the need to see them and throw my bra up on stage or something fun like that.

:wink:

p.s., i know only about three people here like them, but release dates have been umm, released. these are for the u.s. only. the rest is available on their site.

sunrise will be released on radio 8/30.
astronaut will be in stores 10/12.

so it looks like they've beat U2. :wink:

Khanada .. you never answered my pm.

If the answer is no, its fine, but just let me know please. :)

oh fuck, sorry sicy. i've been so busy i just now noticed this. i forgot about the pm. :reject: but i did just now reply.

also, i came here to post this and bump the thread again...the track listing has been announced:

ASTRONAUT Running Order
SUNRISE
WANT YOU MORE
WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW
ASTRONAUT
BEDROOM TOYS
NICE
TASTE THE SUMMER
FINEST HOUR
CHAINS
ONE OF THOSE DAYS
POINT OF NO RETURN
STILL BREATHING

i heard the radio version of sunrise, and it sounds very different from the leaked demo i got earlier this year. i've not decided if i like it better or not, but it's still great. i'm disappointed that my favourite track (pretty ones) didn't make the album. :( but at least tv versus radio got the boot, which sucked. i have a 3 mb version of the song sunrise if anyone would want it. i don't remember what site i got it from otherwise i'd link.

Duran Duran to issue a new album?

I HEARD Duran Duran are issuing a new album sometime in October. I couldn't find the information on-line so wondering if anyone else heard the same thing.

thanks bc. :)

oh and for more dd news, the second installment of their box set is coming out next month.

linkies for amazon:

US: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/104-6478160-6772747?v=glance&s=music

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...471/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-5693223-8187844

it's to be released in the uk 9/13 and the us 9/21. it's a bit cheaper in the uk, as usual. i remember last time buying it in the uk + expidited shipping was the same price as it was in the us, with free shipping. (that is factoring the cost in usd of course.)

pre-ordering info for astronaut:

us: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-6478160-6772747?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

us w/bonus dvd: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-6478160-6772747?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...706/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-5693223-8187844

uk w/bonus dvd: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...706/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-5693223-8187844

as i mentioned before, it's going to be releasd 10/4 in the uk, 10/12 row. needless to say i'm going to be buying it from the uk! i've already pre-ordered the box set and cd with dvd.

oh, and now there's a piccie. the album cover:

33%3B66%3A%3A723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B733%3A275ot1lsi

I just heard (Reach Out For The) Sunrise for the first time on WPLJ in New York. And I just bought it on iTunes.

Right now I'm listening to Shadows On Your Side, which is the other Duran song on my iTunes.

How does this U2 fan spend her time while waiting for Vertigo? Uhh, listening to Duran Duran...

Diane L said:
I just heard (Reach Out For The) Sunrise for the first time on WPLJ in New York. And I just bought it on iTunes.

Right now I'm listening to Shadows On Your Side, which is the other Duran song on my iTunes.

How does this U2 fan spend her time while waiting for Vertigo? Uhh, listening to Duran Duran...

wweeee! Waves to fellow Duranies :wave: Album is out Oct 12!

Between duran and U2 I'm going to need a bank loan for concerts this year :wink:

bump cuz the album came out today.

anyone else pick it up? i did (of course)...i got the version with the bonus dvd. $15...that's not bad for a cd and dvd (the dvd part is separate and comes packaged like a dvd). tower is also selling the cd-only for just $12.

awesome album of course!

:mad:

i wish i could go...i couldn't even if i wanted to. i have no vacation time (i got ONE DAY this year) :rant: not to mention i have no money. damnit i wish i lived in atlanta.

Got the album plus dvd!! I went to the carson daly show last night and saw them live right up front!! SOOO close I saw the seams in simons pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him he is sin with legs :)

Anyone else see the video for Reach Out for the Sunrise yet? It was on VH1 this morning. It was pretty cool, and the song sounded good! (It was the first time I had heard it).

I guess it's true...once a Duranie, always a Duranie. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom