MERGED ----> The Killers + The Killers + Who in here loves THE KILLERS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
The Killers

Anyone know anything more about them?
I've seen the video for the song Brightside and I like the sound, and the singer's voice.

Sam really likes them. I've heard them before, but can't remember what I've heard, so I'm downloading some of their stuff from him.

they fucking kill live. :|

i like them much better than franz ferdinand, and the hot fuss is a great album! go buy it. yes you. go. now!

Re: The Killers

U2girl said:
Anyone know anything more about them?
I've seen the video for the song Brightside and I like the sound, and the singer's voice.

U2Girl i was gonna start a thread about these guys a few days ago. :hyper: The song/video that they are playing here in Canada is called SomebodyTold Me and man i think that is one of the best songs I have heard in the last few years. It's better than any Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse songs i have heard that they usually play right after or before. I haven't heard the rest of the album and i bet it's not as good but that song alone is really good. :)

HeartlandGirl said:
I just saw one of their videos too ("Somebody Told Me"). Nice sound. :up:

Agreed. It would be nice to be optimistic for once, but I'm not laying my cards on the table until I hear more material. But, considering the way boss HOS speaks of them... they may be promising.

:up:

Last edited:
The Killers

I was watching Carson Daley and there was a band on called "The Killers" who sang this song called "Somedbody told me". I liked that song. I admit that it is a 1 hit wonder but still catchy none the less.

the album is actually pretty good, I'd compare it to The Strokes meets Duran Duran.......best song is track # 3 Smile LIke You Mean It

Since the band seems to be getting favorable reviews, I will buy there album or at least check it out the next time I am in the video store.

Re: The Killers

isabelle_guns said:
I was watching Carson Daley and there was a band on called "The Killers" who sang this song called "Somedbody told me". I liked that song. I admit that it is a 1 hit wonder but still catchy none the less.

I don't know how they'd already be relegated to One Hit Wonder status, but they have a sizeable underswell behind them, and I think they'll do well considering the success of other bands like them, (Stellastar**) including the current underground phenom - Franz Ferdinand.

Somebody told me - excellent song
All these things that I've done - also excellent

Cross between U2/DuranDuran/Oasis - Yeah - I can see that

Somebody told me is infectious - the song stays in your head all day - thankfully its a good song

Rollingstone.com has an article on the killers

There is a guy at the Ryan Adams board who won't shut up about how good they are. I really want to check them out.

I saw their CD for $10 at Media Play and Borders yesterday. Almost picked it up, that's a great price.

PS - I like all of their songs I've heard so far, esp. 'Mr. Brightside'.

Who in here loves THE KILLERS?

I just love The Killers. I think there whole album is absolutely amazing!! I know they have probably been taked about in here before. I just got Premium Membership but it has not been installed yet. So would someone be so kind as to send me the previous Killer threads.

THANK YOU!!

ITMS has their new CD "Hot Fuss" somebody told me is a good song but I like Mr. Brightside as well.

I am sorry, I always do this...I posted in the wrong forum. One of the mods is going to have to move my post. Anyway Hot Fuss is the best new music I have heard in a long time. I take the long way home just so that I can listen to their CD.

u2valleygirl said:
Anyway Hot Fuss is the best new music I have heard in a long time.

:up:

Holy crap. :combust: . I just got Hot Fuss because I'd seen so many U2 fans say they like this band. ;) This is GOOD.

Seriously, it's been awhile since a new band hit me like this, I'm pumped. :hyper:

I heard a song of theirs on the alternative music station we have on digital tv. I know I haven't heard the rest of their material, but still, I was left wondering what in the hell all of the fuss is about.

I know when I first heard there music it was rivoting. I hear so many other groups in this one group. Parts of it sound like U2, Bowie, Pink Floyd, even Queen. I am making the pilgramage to see them in a few weeks in Vegas cuz I missed their LA show. I just discovered them too, so I did not realize how good they were.

On their web site, I was reading that one of the guys was a bellhop at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Vegas. Another guy worked in a Bannanna Rebublic in Vegas. They had to practice in their gararge at extreme heat. I am so glad they MADE IT!

Back
Top Bottom