MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #436
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:37 AM

Just a few pictures, not very good though

Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #437
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:37 PM

Can't wait for April 28th!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #438
Blue Crack Distributor

I just noticed I gave Brandon Flowers red eye in two of those pictures
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #439
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:37 PM
The stage for those pictures seems a lot different. I'm guessing that has something to do with the fact that it was Edgefest.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #440
Blue Crack Distributor

Best pictures I've got of the stage...What does it normally look like?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #441
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212

Dave

I was hoping to catch them this time around, but I don't feel like driving 3+ hours down to Atlantic City. I'm not convinced I could get out of town without playing poker, either
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 AM   #442
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by clifedge

Anyway, I'm going to see them next Monday in Nashville. Sounds like it'll be a good time!
Killers in Nash Vegas! The Ryman!

I have decent balcony seats. Will be reviewing the show.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #443
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Just went to the Killers board from their mainpage. Hadn't been in a bit and needed some help getting excited about this show.

Well, two things made me smile.

First, the opening act is this cultish Beatles cover band from Tokyo. Silver Beats. Dorky and cute and perfect for the kids and their moms/dads in attendance on Monday.

Second, the setlist is in fact longer for this leg!! Wooohooo.

I am now getting that anticipation thang!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
Just went to the Killers board from their mainpage. Hadn't been in a bit and needed some help getting excited about this show.

Well, two things made me smile.

First, the opening act is this cultish Beatles cover band from Tokyo. Silver Beats. Dorky and cute and perfect for the kids and their moms/dads in attendance on Monday.

Second, the setlist is in fact longer for this leg!! Wooohooo.

I am now getting that anticipation thang!

A longer setlist??? really!! woohoo!!

Can't wait.. a week from today for me!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #445
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Just a word of advice, don't leave after the first encore, when they do the big finish. Almost the entire USF Sundome crowd got up to leave thinking it was over (including myself , I'm usually good at predicting when a show is really over, but The Killers faked me out good last night ). They came out a did a little something after that. Luckily I wasn't out of the arena yet .

I'd say what songs they were, but I didn't know if people were trying to keep spoiler free re: the setlist .

All in all, good show. I think Brandon Flowers has gotten better at being a showman (not that he was bad before, but he seemed to move around more that the last time I saw them when Hot Fuss came out).

They had two opening acts. The first was Howling Bells (seriously, that's their name) from Australia. Not bad, kind of boring but okay. The next band was The Rapture from New York. I really liked them for about the first 30 minutes they played. They had a guy who played cow bell! That amused me to no end . But he also played the keyboard and the saxaphone (really, how sad would it be just to be "the guy who plays cowbell" ? ). After 30 minutes, it got to be a bit much because it seemed like a long time had passed (the show started at 7:30 and The Killers didn't come on until after 9:30). I think I would have wanted them to play longer if the sound in the building was better.

The sound at the USF Sundome is still the worst though. Just awful sound quality. Both times The Killers have come to Tampa they've played there and I wish they would go to the St. Pete Times Forum next time. The Sundome is not a place to go to a concert . Although, it was kind of cool/frightening when the stands shook because part of it is made of wood and the building is so old . It was like, "Yay, here come The Killers! . . . Holy crap, why is this section moving back and forth?!"
Old 04-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
Just a word of advice, don't leave after the first encore, when they do the big finish. Almost the entire USF Sundome crowd got up to leave thinking it was over (including myself , I'm usually good at predicting when a show is really over, but The Killers faked me out good last night ). They came out a did a little something after that. Luckily I wasn't out of the arena yet .

I'd say what songs they were, but I didn't know if people were trying to keep spoiler free re: the setlist .

All in all, good show. I think Brandon Flowers has gotten better at being a showman (not that he was bad before, but he seemed to move around more that the last time I saw them when Hot Fuss came out).

They had two opening acts. The first was Howling Bells (seriously, that's their name) from Australia. Not bad, kind of boring but okay. The next band was The Rapture from New York. I really liked them for about the first 30 minutes they played. They had a guy who played cow bell! That amused me to no end . But he also played the keyboard and the saxaphone (really, how sad would it be just to be "the guy who plays cowbell" ? ). After 30 minutes, it got to be a bit much because it seemed like a long time had passed (the show started at 7:30 and The Killers didn't come on until after 9:30). I think I would have wanted them to play longer if the sound in the building was better.

The sound at the USF Sundome is still the worst though. Just awful sound quality. Both times The Killers have come to Tampa they've played there and I wish they would go to the St. Pete Times Forum next time. The Sundome is not a place to go to a concert . Although, it was kind of cool/frightening when the stands shook because part of it is made of wood and the building is so old . It was like, "Yay, here come The Killers! . . . Holy crap, why is this section moving back and forth?!"

awesome kelly!!! Glad you had a good time. And thanks for the heads up about not leaving after the first encore. I am going one week from tonite... Excited..<<<

btw.. were you able to bring in a camera????
Old 04-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #447
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

awesome kelly!!! Glad you had a good time. And thanks for the heads up about not leaving after the first encore. I am going one week from tonite... Excited..<<<

btw.. were you able to bring in a camera????
No, they weren't allowing cameras (not that I remembered to bring mine anyway ). People still smuggled them in though. But security even warned people as we were going in, "If you get caught taking a picture with your cell phone, we'll take your cell phone away."
Old 04-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #448
Refugee

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

No, they weren't allowing cameras (not that I remembered to bring mine anyway ). People still smuggled them in though. But security even warned people as we were going in, "If you get caught taking a picture with your cell phone, we'll take your cell phone away."
In this day and age, that is a super lame policy.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

guess it is the luck of the draw with cameras.. depends mainly on the artist. Also the venue too. Alot of times the artist is ok with it but word doesn't trickle down to the security letting you in (or not all of them... some have a i am not a cop complex tryin to push their weight around so to speak). This happened quite a bit with the vertigo tour.. It's so annoying.. It should be just cut and dry...either the artist says ok and makes sure that everyone knows or no cameras period.....
Old 04-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #450
Anu
Editor

Speaking of cameras . . .

If anyone manages to make it into the Nashville show with a camera and get some decent shots, please PM me, as we will be needing some pics for our review here on the main page . . . .

Tags
sam's town, the killers