MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was listening to Star 101.9 for any word of Hawaiian dates and they played the full version of "When We Were Younger"
Sounded great! star1019.com

KROQ played a new Killers song this morning

It's okay I guess. If you liked the first album you'lll like this song, it sounds like the first album.

damn i missed it. Around what time since they seem to play the same rotation during breaks?

off topic but why why why are they still playing offspring EVERY morning

I notice during the Kevin and Bean show they tend to play older music like old Offspring stuff. Anyway, the Killers song was played around 7:30 this morning during the Kevin and Bean show. I only listen to KROQ on the way to work so I don't know if it was replayed during the day. It more than likely was.

I ripped it from their website. The sound quality isn't the best, but it's listenable. Either way, good song :)

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DC77DA48773F2674 (remove the space between 'you' and 'send')

It actually does remind me of Springsteen, especially the end. Never expected that.

To me the music sounds like The Killers, like it could've been off of Hot Fuss, BUT with very Springsteen touches here and there. That quick break towards the end is pure "Born To Run"!

And again, I stand by my earlier post that the lyrics are VERY Springsteen-esque!

Good song, fun, driving, pulsing tempo, but I'm not sure it really TOPS or goes beyond Hot Fuss all that much. We'll have to wait and see how the other songs play out and if they advance The Killers sound any.

Didn't like it..but I didn't care for them before..I was just curious...hmmm..there's a slight Springsteenish sound but not much...I don't hear Springsteeish lyrics either :reject:. It just sounds like plain old Killers to me.

FitzChivalry said:

Didn't Bono make somewhat similar grand proclamations around the "Boy" era? In interviews for "Boy" didn't he call U2 the next Beatles or Rolling Stones? I remember something about Bono stating that the 4 of them had the chemistry to be the biggest rock band in the world . . . to be the next Beatles or Stones.

And look what came of those statements.

Yeah but U2 is good, we've already seen that Killers suck.

It's a very catchy song, but completely Springsteen in almost every possible way. If they acknowledge this, and the album is some sort of Springsteen tribute, then fine. If not, they'll really have trouble earning respect as a band pushing the musical envelope.

This is an excellent rock song, and despite whatever naysayers say, Brandon Flowers is the real deal.

Think about how distressed and disturbed the whole world is and why we might need a dose of such blind optimism to take us back to the light.

I'll certainly buy the album when it comes out.

When that first little clip came out, I know I didn't express much interest in the song. Now that I've heard the entire thing multiple times, I've grown to love it. I understand the Springsteen references they've been making after hearing the vocal melody of the verses and the delivery. Like Fitz said earlier, I hear a lot of "Born To Run" in parts too.

I'm really excited about Sam's Town now.

Back
Top Bottom