MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:
the next single is For Reasons Unknown :rockon:

My heart it don't beat, it don't beat the way it used to :drool:

Dammit, why is the closest they're coming to me Atlantic City and long already sold out NYC? :banghead:

I was going to go see the show in a couple of weeks in Montreal, but the tickets are like 50$, and I stopped picking up 16 year old girls in GA when i turned 18. :tsk:

inmyplace13 said:
I'd like to go to this show, but I just think they aren't worth the 40 dollars that could probably sustain me through my various expenses (beer and food) for a couple weeks.

But I might change my mind, we'll see.

For all my talk of not wanting to spend 40 dollars to see them, I was offered a ticket to go with some friends Thursday, the day before the show, and I took it.

I'm glad I did. They put on a pretty good show. That it was the "worst" show I've seen this year only speaks to how good Jeff Tweedy and Explosions In The Sky are.

But yeah, I'm glad I went. To all those who are going, enjoy the show. :up:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I'm going Wednesday night :).

Have a blast Kelly! :wink: Give us a review if you can.

I'm going to see them next week, 4/26 in VA. :drool:

Got my GA tix.. ready to wait in line (and wear my Victims tshirt).. so I can get rail...and be a rail ho.. :giggle:

Canadiens1160 said:
I was going to go see the show in a couple of weeks in Montreal, but the tickets are like 50$, and I stopped picking up 16 year old girls in GA when i turned 18. :tsk:

Why?

Anyway, I'm going to see them next Monday in Nashville. Sounds like it'll be a good time!

Saw them last night....freakin' amazing. I still can't get over it. I've heard live stuff by them before, so I wasn't too excited, but I Think this just once again proves that you've got to BE there.

MemoryCard177.jpg

MemoryCard172.jpg

MemoryCard220.jpg

MemoryCard220.jpg

MemoryCard222.jpg

MemoryCard182.jpg

Just a few pictures, not very good though :lol:

The stage for those pictures seems a lot different. I'm guessing that has something to do with the fact that it was Edgefest.

bono_212 said:

Dave :love:

I was hoping to catch them this time around, but I don't feel like driving 3+ hours down to Atlantic City. I'm not convinced I could get out of town without playing poker, either :shifty:

Just went to the Killers board from their mainpage. Hadn't been in a bit and needed some help getting excited about this show.

Well, two things made me smile.

First, the opening act is this cultish Beatles cover band from Tokyo. Silver Beats. Dorky and cute and perfect for the kids and their moms/dads in attendance on Monday.

Second, the setlist is in fact longer for this leg!! Wooohooo.

I am now getting that anticipation thang!

Anu said:
Just went to the Killers board from their mainpage. Hadn't been in a bit and needed some help getting excited about this show.

Well, two things made me smile.

First, the opening act is this cultish Beatles cover band from Tokyo. Silver Beats. Dorky and cute and perfect for the kids and their moms/dads in attendance on Monday.

Second, the setlist is in fact longer for this leg!! Wooohooo.

I am now getting that anticipation thang!

A longer setlist??? really!! woohoo!! :hyper:

Can't wait.. a week from today for me!:wink:

Just a word of advice, don't leave after the first encore, when they do the big finish. Almost the entire USF Sundome crowd got up to leave thinking it was over (including myself :reject: , I'm usually good at predicting when a show is really over, but The Killers faked me out good last night :shifty: ). They came out a did a little something after that. Luckily I wasn't out of the arena yet :reject:.

I'd say what songs they were, but I didn't know if people were trying to keep spoiler free re: the setlist :wink:.

All in all, good show. I think Brandon Flowers has gotten better at being a showman (not that he was bad before, but he seemed to move around more that the last time I saw them when Hot Fuss came out).

They had two opening acts. The first was Howling Bells (seriously, that's their name) from Australia. Not bad, kind of boring but okay. The next band was The Rapture from New York. I really liked them for about the first 30 minutes they played. They had a guy who played cow bell! That amused me to no end :lol:. But he also played the keyboard and the saxaphone (really, how sad would it be just to be "the guy who plays cowbell" ? ). After 30 minutes, it got to be a bit much because it seemed like a long time had passed (the show started at 7:30 and The Killers didn't come on until after 9:30). I think I would have wanted them to play longer if the sound in the building was better.

The sound at the USF Sundome is still the worst though. Just awful sound quality. Both times The Killers have come to Tampa they've played there and I wish they would go to the St. Pete Times Forum next time. The Sundome is not a place to go to a concert :down:. Although, it was kind of cool/frightening when the stands shook because part of it is made of wood and the building is so old :yikes:. It was like, "Yay, here come The Killers! . . . Holy crap, why is this section moving back and forth?!" :ohmy:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
Just a word of advice, don't leave after the first encore, when they do the big finish. Almost the entire USF Sundome crowd got up to leave thinking it was over (including myself :reject: , I'm usually good at predicting when a show is really over, but The Killers faked me out good last night :shifty: ). They came out a did a little something after that. Luckily I wasn't out of the arena yet :reject:.

I'd say what songs they were, but I didn't know if people were trying to keep spoiler free re: the setlist :wink:.

All in all, good show. I think Brandon Flowers has gotten better at being a showman (not that he was bad before, but he seemed to move around more that the last time I saw them when Hot Fuss came out).

They had two opening acts. The first was Howling Bells (seriously, that's their name) from Australia. Not bad, kind of boring but okay. The next band was The Rapture from New York. I really liked them for about the first 30 minutes they played. They had a guy who played cow bell! That amused me to no end :lol:. But he also played the keyboard and the saxaphone (really, how sad would it be just to be "the guy who plays cowbell" ? ). After 30 minutes, it got to be a bit much because it seemed like a long time had passed (the show started at 7:30 and The Killers didn't come on until after 9:30). I think I would have wanted them to play longer if the sound in the building was better.

The sound at the USF Sundome is still the worst though. Just awful sound quality. Both times The Killers have come to Tampa they've played there and I wish they would go to the St. Pete Times Forum next time. The Sundome is not a place to go to a concert :down:. Although, it was kind of cool/frightening when the stands shook because part of it is made of wood and the building is so old :yikes:. It was like, "Yay, here come The Killers! . . . Holy crap, why is this section moving back and forth?!" :ohmy:

awesome kelly!!! Glad you had a good time.:wink: And thanks for the heads up about not leaving after the first encore. I am going one week from tonite... Excited..<<< :hyper:

btw.. were you able to bring in a camera????

U2Fanatic4ever said:

awesome kelly!!! Glad you had a good time.:wink: And thanks for the heads up about not leaving after the first encore. I am going one week from tonite... Excited..<<< :hyper:

btw.. were you able to bring in a camera????

No, they weren't allowing cameras (not that I remembered to bring mine anyway :reject: ). People still smuggled them in though. But security even warned people as we were going in, "If you get caught taking a picture with your cell phone, we'll take your cell phone away."

kellyahern said:

No, they weren't allowing cameras (not that I remembered to bring mine anyway :reject: ). People still smuggled them in though. But security even warned people as we were going in, "If you get caught taking a picture with your cell phone, we'll take your cell phone away."

In this day and age, that is a super lame policy.

guess it is the luck of the draw with cameras.. depends mainly on the artist. Also the venue too. Alot of times the artist is ok with it but word doesn't trickle down to the security letting you in (or not all of them... some have a i am not a cop complex tryin to push their weight around so to speak). This happened quite a bit with the vertigo tour.. It's so annoying.. It should be just cut and dry...either the artist says ok and makes sure that everyone knows or no cameras period.....:huh:

Back
Top Bottom