MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an online friend that lives in Las Vegas, and her brother has been close friends with Ronnie for years. She knows that my son is a fan, so her brother bought Sam's Town for Ronnie to autograph (then my friend would mail it to us). But when her brother told Ronnie a bit about my son David (he has cystic fibrosis), Ronnie said that he had something better than a cd to sign. He autographed a 12" vinyl...it's awesome! He wrote "May the rock heal you little brother" and he drew a little snare drum. And on the back he wrote "Play it loud, real loud!" When Sarah gets a chance, I'll have her post a picture of it. Oh, I almost forgot the best part! Ronnie told my friend's brother that he wants to meet David the next time they're in NYC! How cool is that!? We had fun at their concert this past October, and we're looking forward to the just announced 4/28/07 concert. My kids requested GA this time. OK, they're no U2, that's for sure, but we did immensely enjoy ourselves. And if we do get backstage to meet Ronnie, I have NO IDEA what we would say! With U2 on the otherhand, we could talk for hours!
~Liz

circa1992 said:
I have an online friend that lives in Las Vegas, and her brother has been close friends with Ronnie for years. She knows that my son is a fan, so her brother bought Sam's Town for Ronnie to autograph (then my friend would mail it to us). But when her brother told Ronnie a bit about my son David (he has cystic fibrosis), Ronnie said that he had something better than a cd to sign. He autographed a 12" vinyl...it's awesome! He wrote "May the rock heal you little brother" and he drew a little snare drum. And on the back he wrote "Play it loud, real loud!" When Sarah gets a chance, I'll have her post a picture of it. Oh, I almost forgot the best part! Ronnie told my friend's brother that he wants to meet David the next time they're in NYC! How cool is that!? We had fun at their concert this past October, and we're looking forward to the just announced 4/28/07 concert. My kids requested GA this time. OK, they're no U2, that's for sure, but we did immensely enjoy ourselves. And if we do get backstage to meet Ronnie, I have NO IDEA what we would say! With U2 on the otherhand, we could talk for hours!
~Liz

THIS IS JUST SO AWESOME!! WONDERFUL STORY! And a lucky kid at that too! :wink:

If you get back stage at NYC please post and let us know how it went!

I am gonna get tix for the Fairfax, VA Show on the 26th..:wink:

There are three good songs on Sam's Town. :mad:

Sam's Town
When You Were Young
Bones

And they'll probably all end up being singles eventually. :angry:

Hot Fuss is still awesome. :(

I heard Bones in the local record store today.

It helps me to forget that the video for the song is absolute crap. :crack:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

04.13.07 Austin, TX :: Frank Erwin Center

Hooray for walking distance. I'm seeing TV on the Radio the week before that too.

Looks like I'll be seeing the Killers after all. :angry:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

thats a good question.. It didn't say on the email I got.. Guess we will know soon enough.

I'll be on the lookout. A great opening act could make the Camden show a possibility for me.

Is the presale done with different codes or one all purpose password?

If it's just one password, I'd sure appreciate one of yous guys helping me out here...

inmyplace13 said:
Is the presale done with different codes or one all purpose password?

If it's just one password, I'd sure appreciate one of yous guys helping me out here...

you have to be a member of the Killers fan club. It's called The Victims and it costs about 25 bucks. It is not a password deal its a link to the page with the dates and then there will be a buy tickets link next to the date you want. Members are limited to 2 tickets per person...

Hopefully someone will help ya on that.. good luck.

here are the spring tour first leg dates:

04/06/07 Santa Barbara, CA, US Events Center @ UC Santa Barbara Pre-sale Tickets
04/07/07 San Francisco, CA, US Bill Graham Civic Auditorium Pre-sale Tickets
04/09/07 Los Angeles, CA, US Staples Center Pre-sale Tickets
04/10/07 San Diego, CA, US Rimac Arena Pre-sale Tickets
04/11/07 Phoenix, AZ, US Dodge Theatre Pre-sale Tickets
04/13/07 Austin, TX, US Frank Erwin Center Pre-sale Tickets
04/18/07 Tampa, FL, US USF Sun Dome Pre-sale Tickets
04/19/07 Hollywood, FL, US Hard Rock Live Pre-sale Tickets
04/20/07 Orlando, FL, US UCF Arena Pre-sale Tickets
04/22/07 Atlanta, GA, US Fox Theatre Pre-sale Tickets
04/23/07 Nashville, TN, US Ryman Auditorium Pre-sale Tickets
04/26/07 Fairfax, VA, US Patriot Center Pre-sale Tickets
04/27/07 Camden, NJ, US Tweeter Center Pre-sale Tickets
04/28/07 New York, NY, US Madison Square Garden Pre-sale Tickets
04/29/07 Lowell, MA, US Paul E. Tsongas Arena Pre-sale Tickets
05/21/07 Vancouver, BC, CA Thunderbird Stadium

the second presale is on January 29, and they go on sale to everybody on February 3rd. for the fanclub presale there are still tickets available. they seemed expensive to me, though. i paid $101 for two GA tickets at the Staples Center (more than a u2 show?)

The Killers are coming to the UCSB Events Center in Santa Barbara on Friday, April 6.

Tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday, February 3 at 10 AM, but we're offering you a chance to buy them first. The presale is available Wednesday, January 31 at 10 AM to Thursday, February 1 at 10 PM.

cruzila said:
..wish I didn't have to pay to become a member in order to get presale. There better be some left for MSG on Saturday!!

I got a presale code and I'm not a member. Ticketmaster sent it to me. Is there a presale for fanclub and a presale for ticketmaster? :huh:

you can try my code for your show :shh:

The Killers Fanclub aka The Victims had the first presale and it was through their site not ticketmaster (called concertmap) and there was no presale code it was a link via the victims site so you had to be a member to get through. Target had a presale that started on monday, 1/29. That one you had to have a presale code that came the the Sam's Town CD. Not sure if it is still going on.

Got 300 level seats! :grumpy: But at least they're halfway down the venue at MSG and so somewhat close to the stage!

Cannot wait for April to come. :combust:

I could get some decent tickets, but I'm just not going to do it. They're asking a bit too much for my budget. It comes out to about 40 a ticket with fees, and that's no good.

inmyplace13 said:
I could get some decent tickets, but I'm just not going to do it. They're asking a bit too much for my budget. It comes out to about 40 a ticket with fees, and that's no good.

Are you being serious? I thought $45 for a ticket was alright when compared to average ticket prices these days! :lol:

Considering most of the shows I've been seeing are between 10 and 25 bucks, I think 40 is a bit much. Couple that with the fact that I just spent 2,250 dollars to fix my truck (long story) and I'm a bit strapped for cash.

Ultimately it comes down to whether or not I like a band 40 dollars worth. With the Killers, I probably do, I just don't have the funds. With RHCP, for example, I skipped their recent Dallas show because I don't like them any more than 20 dollars worth.

My mind works in lame ways sometimes.

inmyplace13 said:
My mind works in lame ways sometimes.

Nah! You just think like my old roommate. :wink:

He saw Nirvana in 1993 for 20 bucks or something and to this day doesn't think it's worth it to pay more than 25 or 30, no matter how big the band is. Needless to say, he doesn't get to go to too many concerts! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom