MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:

what if the next full length U2 album (if we ever get one :huh: ) isn't better than this?? HTDAAB certianly isn't better than this. 2 crap albums, right? U2 should be scared.

LOL. Should they base their decision on your opinion? LOL.

This river Is Wild is the greatest piece of gonzo Springsteen influenced rock ever.

Numb1075 said:
lots and lots of production and gloss.....slick sounding.

or is it just me?

Not just you. Too much production and gloss. I think they would have benefited from working with someone more like that Scandenavian guy who produced Franz Ferdinand and the new OK Go record.

xaviMF22 said:

Yes it is better that HTDAAB
and that is MY OPINION bitches:|

LOL someone who wants originally from U2....but....wait...who loves The Killers. Brilliant, f**king brilliant. :bow: :bow: :lmao:

39898.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding the overall prodcution, the excellent Q magazine review observes,

"Producers Alan Moulder and Flood seem to have been ushered into the studio, invited to press every button and twiddle every knob at their disposal, and to bring along a kitchen sink for the hell of it"

Did anyone get the Target Tour edition of the disk? This special version includes the alleged pre-sale codes for the Spring 2007 tour.

Anu said:
Regarding the overall prodcution, the excellent Q magazine review observes,

"Producers Alan Moulder and Flood seem to have been ushered into the studio, invited to press every button and twiddle every knob at their disposal, and to bring along a kitchen sink for the hell of it"

Did anyone get the Target Tour edition of the disk? This special version includes the alleged pre-sale codes for the Spring 2007 tour.

yep I sure did! Hopefully they will play in my area so I can use my presale code...:wink:

I'm a little anxious that either

(1) My schedule won't allow me to see them or they won't play nearby.

or

(2)
I won't have any cash on hand when tickets go onsale.

I'm willing to travel to see the Killers, but only to certain places and only if I don't have to miss too much work.

Anyone who saw them on these theater dates: lucky!

Canadiens1160 said:
Read My Mind is as close to another Things That I've Done as they can get on this album - so it's awesome.

Other tracks might be growers for me in 3 weeks.

:up:

That song is hypnotic...still digesting the rest. They should be given kudos for taking the Miracle Drug-like riffing and turning it into something much better. :wink:

Canadiens1160 said:
Read My Mind is as close to another Things That I've Done as they can get on this album - so it's awesome.

Other tracks might be growers for me in 3 weeks.

That song reminds me of the UK's James...Great song though.

My personal fave is Reasons Unknown :drool:

I only wish I could get my hands on tix for their show in Toronto this Friday :sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom