MERGED ----> the Euro 2004 thread + Say a little pray for France + England 1 France 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Portugal can't slip up against the Russians, but I think they might. 2-1 win to the home team at best, but a draw may be on the cards. Depends on who they put out really. Personally, I'd play Deco and Ronaldo ahead of Simao and Rui Costa, and I'd drop Fernando Couto, but I don't pick the team.

:shame: Wrong bet! Portugal didn't play well again last night and failled a few goals, but we Portuguese can do better than you think (and that our coach thinks!). Remember Porto, European Champeon? :applaud: That's who we are. The problem is some of our players are not used to it (those who play in Italy, France, Spain, etc...) :tsk: :rant: You're right about Deco and Ronaldo. Other Porto players, that most people don?t know the names, joined the team last night. Fernando Couto is still one of the best. I'll drop Figo and Rui Costa - though he scored last night - we don't need celebrities. Everything will get clearer after tonight?s games. We?re all curious about England and France. Portugal won't probably get far but I promise you this: Spain (one of the favourite) is going to have to work hard to win us.

It?s still hard to say who?s gonna get to the finals, but I?d vote for the Netherlands and for ? France. :rolleyes:

Lara

:kiss:

Shame on Totti!

I?m so ashamed for his behaviour! Spitting like he does on a player of Denmark? Absolutely awful!
I hope they?ll send him away from the competition. I hate the fact that, thanks to his performance, Italy will have, again, such a bad impact worldwide. I know that a lot of people around the world consider us to be just ignorant and unable to do anything. I guess it?s useless to say that a few examples, like this one, are not enough to explain an entire population, but it blows my mind the fact that my people has to be considered just as ugly and stupid and IDIOT!

Now, let me explain something about Totti: he comes from Rome, and he plays in the team called after our capital. He?s well known because he?s quite a good player (even if he doesn?t demonstrate it during the match against Denmark). Everyone knows that he?s not so brilliant, and not so educated. Last summer, there were a lot of tricks and funny short stories regarding him and his ?supposed ignorance?. I report one for all --- and I hope you?ll get to understand that ---
<< During an interview, a journalist says to Totti: ?C?mon, Francesco, carpe diem?
And Totti replies: ?Sorry, but I can?t speak English? >>
So, little stories like that --- especially linked to the roman pronounce Totti has got and that are impossible to translate --- were passed around here and Totti was considered as a sort of fool and everybody used to laugh at him. In that occasion, he did a thing I admired: he decided to put together all the stories and tricks on him and publish a book of them. The money he got from the selling of the book were given to Unicef. If I?m not wrong, he?s an ambassador for Unicef, too --- well, maybe Unicef will decide to find someone else now!
Sorry for this long post --- I just felt I ought to write something about this story!
As Bono once said: I don?t mean to bug ya!

Now, as regards Euro 2004, I think I can rely just on Christian Vieri? Go, my savage beautiful guy!

...fact that my people has to be considered just as ugly and stupid and IDIOT!
Relax, I don't think "your people" is considered any of those things. No, it wasn?t pretty and he will probably be punished for that.
Nobody is entitled to judge an entire society or country for the actions of one individual or group (team).

Salome said:
Totti should be banned for the next 4 matches at least for that faul which earned him that yellow card ( :tsk: ) in the end

disgraceful

Looks like Totti got what he deserved after all. Even though I don't think spitting is as bad as the faul he made that could very well have ended the other guy's carreer.

i dont believe in tit for tat treatment but spitting is something where tit for tat treatment is better. The one he spit on should be allowed to spit back... and it should be relayed on TV in all countries

sorry but may be i am so angry i ve completely lost my senses :mad:

valentina said:
Happily Totti is not as strong as Roy Keane...

Anyway, I can't see anything worse that spitting on someone!

spitting on someone is the worst offense you can do any other, this is for sure.......but, how can you compare roy keane with totti????......now, don't just throw him under a train, tecnically speaking, there's very few to do with totti..:wink: :wink: ;)

Anyway, I can't see anything worse that spitting on someone!

Worse than that is the behaviour of some football (soccer) fans who have been expelled, some to be in prison in their own country. :tsk:
Why can't people just enjoy the best time of their lives? :coocoo: Most of then are really lucky to have the lives they live. I'll never understand. :confused:

:silent:

Some players have a less advisable behaviour for their position. Let us remember that the majority of them don?t have a proper education, although they are paid fortunes. Good luck for Italy tomorrow. I?m certain that they will defeat Sweden.

The quality of today's games is to correspond to all the
expectations. It's a great day for soccer fans!

England defeated Switzerland for scoring 3 goals! It was a great match, and France, which was winning Croacia (Zidane scored the first goal) is now tied up to with Croacia with 2 goals.

didn't watch the matches last night because of school this morning (I finally clocked in 8 hours of sleep!) but I reckon that France-Croatia game was a cracker

Totti deserves what he gets. Great footballer, and yes I'll miss watching his skills on the pitch for the next few matches, but I've got absolutely no sympathy for him.

Hopefully this means Cassano will get his chance.

surely they cant credit rooney with that second goal, his shot was off target, it has to be an own goal. i missed the end, but as far as i could tell switzerland were all over england.

i would like to see england do well but they are the most over rated team in the competition, cant defend set pieces, its gonna be their downfall.

looking forward to sweden-italy tonight, should be interesting!!

souLnation2002 said:
Latvia vs Germany, and Netherlands vs Czech today.

Sorry to destroy your expectations, but those games will be played tomorrow. :)

Today is Sweden vs Italy and Bulgaria vs Denmark.

soccer.jpg

*hits self*

I read the wrong box. :|:reject:

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
anyone notice England-Switzerland was amazingly special because both countries' flags are absolute reversals of each other?

Yes, I did. That?s why the stadium was so cool in red and white. A large part coved in red and a smaller one in white?

souLnation2002 said:
The France-Croatia was the best match of UEFA so far!

Latvia vs Germany, and Netherlands vs Czech today.

You're absolutely right!

Croacia disclosed to be a great surprise. They play very well and probably they will be one of the great teams in the the future.

Italy vs Sweeden is about to begin here at my home town, Porto. The town is so colourful in blue and yellow. It seems like there?s an huge party going on these days in Portugal, with so many people having fun, enjoying the sun, the heat, . We?re big fans of Italy?s soccer, so we?re all hopping that it?s gonna be a good game, knowing it won?t probably be an easy game to win.

but as far as i could tell switzerland were all over england.

i would like to see england do well but they are the most over rated team in the competition, cant defend set pieces, its gonna be their downfall.

One thing is for sure: the result doesn?t reflect how both teams really played. England didn?t do that well. Guess everybody was expecting better from the English team, but at least they managed to win this time...

At least we?ve been able to see Victoria Beckham around. She?s seems to be quite nice, actually, or else she wouldn?t have been buying men underwear in a big store... :lol: :p Facing a ?public life? must be hard, some people should opt for a different road. I guess she's just a girl with a troubled mind. :eeklaugh:

1-1 against sweden...i can't believe it, we've dominate the game for 80 minutes, the best game italy has ever made, and then mr.trapattoni fails the substitutions and flushed the championship down the toilet!!! it is so bitter, really.... but italy showed how they're strong, i'm proud of the players

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom