MERGED-->The Bravery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
The Bravery

I heard about this band called The Bravery thru ultragrrl's blog and now I can't stop listening to them. Their sound is very 80's influenced, sort of like if Depeche Mode and fischerspooner had kids and let them play with Ian Curtis and The Stills. Capishe? Check out their website for some free downloads, my fave being "honest mistake."

Also, if you want to seriously laugh your ass off check out ultragrrrl's web-blog. She's really Sarah Lewintenen (sp?) from Spin Magazine. MAN, can this girl put away some booze! :alwaysgoodinmybook:

www.thebravery.com
www.ultragrrrl.com

`ta!

i'm gonna bump this thread my damned self because i really think there are some potential fans here @ interland. in addition to my description above, one of their tracks sounds like julian casablancas fronting duran duran circa 1982 (honest mistake). check `em out.

I still need to check them out (even though you PMed me about them a week ago!). Really, I swear I will :wink:

But the last thing I need right now is to get into another band...I'm broke :mad:

~LadyLemon~ said:
I still need to check them out (even though you PMed me about them a week ago!). Really, I swear I will :wink:

But the last thing I need right now is to get into another band...I'm broke :mad:

they have 3 songs free to download on their site.

My god...it is like julian fronting duran duran!! I like Honest Mistake...will listen to the others tomorrow. It's time for bed now!

~LadyLemon~ said:
My god...it is like julian fronting duran duran!! I like Honest Mistake...will listen to the others tomorrow. It's time for bed now!

see? not too shabby.

they put on a pretty good show recently in sf ...but then it got a lot better when the singer introduced the last song with something along these lines:

::we were in london recently and a very cool thing happened - Bono was being interviewed on the radio and when asked who he liked in recent music... he mentioned the Bravery so here is our homage to U2 ... ::

so i get real excited... but then when they start playing & i dont recognize the song... gah! ..... here's a video clip of the song....

:rightclick and save:
The BRavery Cover U2
if link doesnt work... i could email directly

anyway... . its been bugging me for the last few days ..so ya

The Bravery

If you like The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand, check them out. You will not be disappointed. One of the best debuts I've heard for a while.

Their new album has leaked, not sure if it is untitled as yet or self-titled.

My early pick for album of 2005. Though it will have some tough competition.

OH SHIT! My bad, exact same topic already here. Sorry everyone!

Last edited:
The Bravery

Hooked on these at the minute. I've only heard an handful of songs but it sounds pretty amazing. Hopefully they'll be doing the festival rounds in the UK this summer.

Last edited:
thesuburbskill said:
they put on a pretty good show recently in sf ...but then it got a lot better when the singer introduced the last song with something along these lines:

::we were in london recently and a very cool thing happened - Bono was being interviewed on the radio and when asked who he liked in recent music... he mentioned the Bravery so here is our homage to U2 ... ::

so i get real excited... but then when they start playing & i dont recognize the song... gah! ..... here's a video clip of the song....

:rightclick and save:
The BRavery Cover U2
if link doesnt work... i could email directly

anyway... . its been bugging me for the last few days ..so ya

finally got a hold of some video footage (via my friend's camera) of them doing the u2 song... after much deciphering to find out what the heck he was saying... glad to annoucne that the bravery covered "an cat dubh" ... it was such a cool cover... very good song-choice seeing as bravery are a part of the post-punk bandwagon

yay no more nagging frustration

Re: The Bravery

alexvilagosh said:
If you like The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand, check them out. You will not be disappointed. One of the best debuts I've heard for a while.

Their new album has leaked, not sure if it is untitled as yet or self-titled.

My early pick for album of 2005. Though it will have some tough competition.

OH SHIT! My bad, exact same topic already here. Sorry everyone!

Where'd you get hold of the album online? I'm desperate to hear it if you can offer any pointers.

(of course i'll buy it when its released, i just can't wait that long)

I have put this up on my site for a limited time..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.hazell/U2/The_Bravery_Later_with_Jools_Holland_2004.wma

This is audio of The Bravery performing Unconditional and Honest Mistake from their appearance on Later with Jools Holland last year :wink:

This file isn't listed on my webpage so no need to go there.

I could put the video for this up but for the Grammys video which is currently taking up 3/4s of my webspace. I am however trying to get the Grammys video hosted by U2exit.com :)

:up:

Alan

Back
Top Bottom