MERGED - The Beatles - Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason, Octopus's Garden always brings a huge smile to my face.
It's like Ringo captured his happy-go-lucky personality into the song forever.
The transition into Something is so beautiful! I love it so much. It almost brings me to tears. Something is such a gorgeous song. :love:

And the Blackbird -> Yesterday transition is genius. It's almost like it was meant to be.
I'm still enjoying the album and none of the novelty has worn off yet. :hyper:

I'm just finally getting the chance to listen...

15 words:

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/ Helter Skelter.

I love this!

I just ordered Beatles Love...

I'm heard so many good/great things about it.

I can't wait.

I'm excited.

:hyper:

It won't be here until next week though.

I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

A question for those that have it - what's the difference between the CD and the 'Audio DVD' that also comes with the CD?

LOVE is amazing. One of the most fascinating and entertaining albums I've listened to in the past year.

I liked it but didn't love it. That said, Tomorrow Never Knows mashed in with Within You Without You and Mr. Kite/She's So Heavy are really good! But I find myself listening to the original albums more.

bumpity bump bump bump

Westport said:
we saw Love at the beginning of July. i can't recommend it highly enough. the show was originally George Harrison's idea. he loved Cirque du Soleil and thought it would be grand to combine the performers with the Beatles music.

it is beautifully spectacular from start to finish. 90 minutes of extraordinary music shared with an audience of 2,000 with six speakers built into every headrest. at the same time you're watching performers, aerial acrobatics, trampolines and blurs of majestic, psychedelic colors.

they spent $130 million on the show with 2/3 of that going to custom build the theatre.

it is magical, heartbreaking, and haunting...the entire time you sit there wide-eyed with your mouth wide open. nostalgia weighs heavy as you're transported back to the 60s. it’ll make you smile and at times fill your eyes with tears because the Beatles are alive and so present. it also reminds you of lost innocence and the loss John and George.

bravo to george martin and son.

it stays with you. expensive but worth every penny.

OK, so we are trying to plan a trip to see this in August. Anyone have any recommendations on seating, and/or if its worth the money to be closer up? Tix are expensive, so we are trying to get all information up front so we can decide what to do & where to sit. Thanks!

:hyper:

I'm going on the 28th, I can't wait! :hyper:

When I ordered my tix, the guy I spoke to had seen the show more times than I could remember and he said he's sat in nearly every area and price range and he felt every seat was good no matter where it was. We chose the first row of the first raised section. He thought the seats we chose were some of the better ones. Yay!

Last edited:
I think listening to this on a big stereo system makes a difference! I've only heard this on my computer and in the car.

Btw... Glass Onion...Eleanor Rigby transition = :combust:

Just listenening to a quick sampling of the DVD in Digital 5.1 before I go to work.

Mr. Kite is the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever heard like this. My. God.

Back
Top Bottom