MERGED - The Beatles - Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The OOTS said:
Or is the content a dvd audio version of the cd in 5.1 surround sound??

Yes it is, and it sounds completely amazing. I loved everything upon hearing it earlier this week on my computer, but I came home for Thanksgiving today and went out with my dad for a bit. His car has 5.1 in it and he just bought the CD/DVD.

Sweet sassy molassey it was nice :drool:

I'm in Vegas for the holiday. Keep passing The Mirage and looking at the sign... wishing I had the $.

beatleslovemiragevegas11-25-06.jpg

So, what exactly IS on the dvd?

:yawn:

Love The Beatles to death, but I gave the album a single listen before deleting it from my hard drive. Far too many of the tracks are practically identical to their original incarnations.

I'm only a casual Beatles fan, but holy shit this thing is really a treat for your ears. I'm sure the 5.1 surround sound experience is great, but you're missing out if you don't listen to it with a good pair of headphones.

Eleanor Rigby has always been one of my favorite Beatles songs, so I was really excited to hear the remastered track and it exceeded my expectations. It's probably my favorite on the album, but I've always had a bias for songs with string orchestras anyway.

I really love Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! / I Want You (She's So Heavy) / Helter Skelter, especially the echo of the Helter Skelter vocals in the background. Oh my god, that was fucking amazing on my first listen :drool:

Alright guys, Beatles Love has pretty much peaked my interest in checking out more of The Beatles discography.

I've got Revolver :)drool: ), Sgt. Pepper's..., Magical Mystery Tour, and The White Album. What else should I get? Oh, I have the 1 collection too, but I prefer albums to a compilation of singles, so let's skip suggesting stuff like the Blue/Red collections.

Please and thank you :love:

Get Abbey Road. Now.

My favorite Beatles album and one of my favorite of all time.

Queen Bee said:
Alright guys, Beatles Love has pretty much peaked my interest in checking out more of The Beatles discography.

I've got Revolver :)drool: ), Sgt. Pepper's..., Magical Mystery Tour, and The White Album. What else should I get? Oh, I have the 1 collection too, but I prefer albums to a compilation of singles, so let's skip suggesting stuff like the Blue/Red collections.

sorry but this is a discussion area, not the help desk :tsk:

rubber soul and abbey road.

Queen Bee said:

:angry:

*Makes modifications to your package*

ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD
ABBEY ROAD

Queen Bee said:

Rubber Soul and Let It Be...Naked

Abbey Road is good but imo overrated. blasphemy, I know :wink:

I think I will buy this LOVE thing for my friend for Christmas...and if he already has it, well, I wouldn't mind having it :wink: my other friend played some of it for me and it was pretty cool.

Just heard it right now..WOW!!! first cd in a long time that i've heard from start to finish on first listen...its just WOW!!!
For some reason just adding a bit of Julia to the end of Eleanor Rigby made it even more awesome!:drool: Sun King to Something to Mr Kite/ She's So Heavy :drool: :drool:
And then from Blackbird all the way to LSD:drool: :drool: :drool: And then Octopus's Garden :combust: (favorite song on the cd) im repeating this over and over and over...that intro is fantastic (Good Night's strings) i just got this huge smile.... gave me chills and still is... And then the last part of the cd i mean...just look at the track listing how can the last half not be good?...every song was great never felt like skipping one

Excuse me for all my enthusiasm but when im sleepy(its 3 31 am right now!) everythign seems so awesome and this prolly already being awesome becomes even more awesome. I'd just wish they wouldve been able to add full or half versions of some of my favorites: I'm Only Sleeping, Across the Universe, Norwegian Wood, In My Life (heard the piano in SFF) to name a few...and with that im going to bed!

the more I hear from this album the more mediocre this entire effort starts to sound to me

very true

it's a shame some people wouldn't even recognize great music if it was slapping them in the face with a fish

very true, in this thread there are people calling this effort "mediocre", for instance. so wrong.

that's probably because given the available Beatles material it should have been possible to put something together that's 3 times as interesting as Love is

Back
Top Bottom