MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead??

My mate just rang me to tell me he was killed today in Nth Qld by a stingray while filming in water.

I think it might be just breaking....

Anyone else heard this??

Yahoo has a story too:

Steve Irwin killed in stingray attack
By 7News Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has reportedly been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.

It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert.

his wikipedia page lists him as dead :hmm: but i dunno.

edit: hehe, in the couple minutes it took me to type that all these replies showed up. wow.

Last edited:
How could this happen....I mean....it was too obvious that it would for it to ACTUALLY happen

I like how the article says his wife has yet to be told of his death.

Hope she doesn't read it online first.

:(

Sad, but I also agree with martha.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin
720498211_l.jpg

coemgen said:
OK, I watched his show a couple times and saw him on TV every once-in-a-while. Why is this so sad to me?

Once I heard that he died, I felt sick to my stomach. I think what's so appealing about him is that he cared so much about the animals and the environment.

I don't knwo to me it's just that he was always so happy...and yeah some of the stuff he did was stupid, but he just loved animals so much he really enjoyed what he did

wow. what a shocker.

jeez...he was only 44.

Please note before I say this I didn't watch his show ALL the time, but when I was younger I did watch it a lot

There was an episode where he was in tears and he was talking about how much he missed this important person in his life, and at first I thought his wife had died, and I was almost in tears...but then they did a photo montague and come to find out his DOG had died...and he was so broken up about it....It was one of the only times I've ever seen him not excited and smiling

So that, I believe, shows his devotion right there

I agree with you guys. I was just surprised at how I felt. I think you're right though, you could tell he had a heart for animals and the environment and had a passion for what he did. Plus, he was fun to watch. I think another part of it is he did so many dangerous things with so many dangerous animals, and maybe a part of us thought he was invincible.

Reality check.

I just found out about this, pretty shocking and sad. He did lots of great things for the animals and the environment.

I feel really bad about this. Wow. :huh: I always knew that he as too trusting with these wild animals who don´t know better but I figured he knew what he was doing. I´m even more sorry that doing what he loved took his life. :tsk:

Sleep, sleep tonight
and may yoour dreams be realized...

Back
Top Bottom