MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steveirwin.jpg

zoobeatle said:

Yeah i remember that, he slept next to Sui all night didnt he?

Yes, he did for a long time. I remember being really sad, and he was obviously very upset, but I kept thinking she was so far gone it was best just to let her go...

I don't post very often, mostly just lurk, but I wanted to pipe in about this. Like many have mentioned before I also am still extreamly sad over what has happened. I was trying to ask myself why today and realized...Steve was just a good guy. With all the crap that is going on in the world right now and the "nice life" of celebraties that we hear about more than we want to, we hear so little of those that devote their lives to something greater than themselves. So sad to lose one of those good guys. It gives me some comfort to see the amazing outpouring of love and gratitude for him and his life's work from millions all over the world. In the end, it is nice to know we CAN see the good that people do, and really do miss it when it's gone.

U2democrat said:
I'm watching Steve on Animal Planet right now...he's swimming with humpback whales, he's having such a great time...:sigh:

I was watching it too:( it made me tear up.

I am really upset and bothered by this:sad:

he was such a beautiful person in so many ways:sigh:

U2democrat said:
When was the last time a celebrity's death affected so many people like this? Really? It's almost been a week and it's still on all our minds.

Yeah, I thought to myself when it happened, "so this is how it was for my parents when JFK, or John Lennon died."

This morning I was wondering what I would do at my grandparents, because typically me and my young cousin watch Croc Diaries together and I wasn't sure if I could handle it yet. Then the re-run of the "Confessions" was on (which I've probably seen half a dozen times) and I tried to watch, but it was too hard! That show was hard enough to watch when Steve was still alive. :(

I went to the house where I lived with friends until Sept. 1 and my friend said, "Lies, I tried to watch Croc Hunter like we used to everyday after work, but then I just cried and cried."

I think this one will take a long time, at least for me, and I think it's in part because it's not just about Steve, but all the others that I used to watch every day and how they are affected: Terri, Bob, Wes, Brian, the kids, and all the others at the zoo....I can't see their faces without thinking how bad it must be for them.

Private Funeral Held for Steve Irwin

BEERWAH, Australia (Sept. 10) - A private funeral for "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was held on Saturday and plans were for his body to be buried at the family-owned Australia Zoo, several Sunday newspapers said.

Irwin, killed in a stingray attack on the Great Barrier Reef on Sept. 4, had a private service at a funeral home in nearby Caloundra, the Brisbane-based Sunday Mail said.

It also said that the local council had given the family permission to bury Irwin, 44, at the 25-hectare (60-acre) zoo that has been owned by the Irwin family since 1970.

"Yesterday's service was a service for family and good friends, people who were close to Steve in recent years," the newspaper quoted an unidentified family friend as saying.

"The council gave the family permission to bury Steve at the zoo and we think they're going to erect a monument there so visitors can continue to pay their respects."

Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper said Irwin's father, Bob, planned to hold a press conference on Monday at the zoo to give details of the funeral.

Calls to John Stainton, Irwin's longtime manager, and Michael Hornby, head of the Irwin charity group Wildlife Warriors, were not immediately returned.

On Saturday, Stainton told CNN's Larry King that the private service would be held soon.

We are having a private family service in the next two or three days, by Monday" at the latest, Stainton told King. "Then we'll start planning the memorial service which will be open to members of the public."

Stainton also said Irwin's wife, American-born Terri, and his children were coping "quite well" with the death.

"Terri is very, very strong. She's having a lot of sad moments obviously, but she's putting on a brave face for the kids' sake," he said.

The Irwins have two children, Bindi, 8, and Bob, 2.

One venue mentioned for the public memorial service, expected to be held in the next 10 days, is a 52,000-seat sports stadium in Brisbane, the nearby capital of Queensland state.

Irwin could have had a formal state funeral offered by Prime Minister John Howard. Instead, Bob Irwin said his son would have preferred a smaller, private funeral.

Believe burying him at the zoo is what Steve would have wanted. He had such a gift when it came to animals. May he rest in peace

I'm still sad:(

it's almost the same feeling like when a child dies...:sigh: I read a piece where his wife say's his little 3 year old boy just wanders around the house screaming for "daddy" ...breaks my heart:(

I haven't been on the comp since Steve died due to comp probs but i just want to say that i was ABSOLUTELY devastated when i heard the news on the radio :sad: :(

I'm absolutely gutted about it all. I screamed out loud there&then when i had just got up out of bed that morning and i was so shocked. I have not been able to take it in at all - bless Steve for all the immense good work he's done for wildlife&conservation. I've been such a big fan and could see his absolute love for living creatures :heart:

Shame on anyone for saying bad things about him, although i did criticise him for the baby dangling thing but i had to forgive him.

That guy was one of life's rarities - a genuine, caring and compasionatte human being and you don't come across them all that often :( i wish there were more people like him around!

Back
Top Bottom